AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.04.09 07:39:32
tony.brumec@shaw.ca:
That worked - with the gain control off there were no breaks in the recorded file. I have to set the gain control very low in order to achieve proper recording levels but I can manage this. Should I seek to record with the highest sample rate and sample size in order to achieve the best recording?

thank you for your help.

Tony,
so what were your actual recording set as? I'm having the same problem recording from a sony icd-b600 voice recorder connected to my computer thru the microphone line.
Lynn
17.04.09 09:13:28
lynnw:
tony.brumec@shaw.ca:
That worked - with the gain control off there were no breaks in the recorded file. I have to set the gain control very low in order to achieve proper recording levels but I can manage this. Should I seek to record with the highest sample rate and sample size in order to achieve the best recording?

thank you for your help.

Tony,
so what were your actual recording set as? I'm having the same problem recording from a sony icd-b600 voice recorder connected to my computer thru the microphone line.
Lynn

I got it figured out. I set my gain control to 1/4 mark and that took away the skipping.
Lynn
18.04.09 16:12:03
Sorry I didn't respond - was out of town - glad you're resolved also...I have to set the gain control very low on only the second or third increment - any more and the gain (wavelength) is off the screen.

cheers
Administrator
08.04.09 01:32:03
We are glad the issue is resolved now :-)

tony.brumec@shaw.ca:
Should I seek to record with the highest sample rate and sample size in order to achieve the best recording?
If you record with a higher sample rate and bitrate the quality of the recorded audio will be higher, but note that the output file size will be larger accordingly.

Regards
06.05.09 06:39:41
Hi, I bought an unlimited license today for my newly downloaded AVS Audio Editor 4.2 . But somehow I cannot record anything. I hooked up my guitar to my Digitech Guitar Processor (RP350), and from RP350 to my computer using USB cable. I was able to open AVS program, clicked on record button and play my guitar. The program recorded it but when I clicked play to hear it, it is nothing but really loud noise for the entire recorded time.I tried to listen to see if there is guitar sound in the back ground but it is nothing but noise. I looked around in the program but could not figure out why? Can somebody help, please. This is my first try for audio recording. Thanks
06.05.09 06:40:41
I was able to record using the laptop sound card. But somehow it picked up everything from the built-in mic. I went into control panel and disable the sound card. Then the only option is now my guitar processor ( DiGiTech RP350), and everytime I try to record, AVS Audio Editor would hang-up ( not responding) and freeze my laptop. I had no choice but restarting my computer. I tried 5-6 time and it did the same thing everytime. I run Win XP SP3. 1.5 GB of RAM. AVS was the only app I ran at the time. I opened Task Manager and it said computer usage was 100%. I doubt the AVS alone required that much processing or RAM. And it crashed as soon as I tried to record. Could somebody help me, this is my first time trying to record. And I paid for my AVS unlimited version, so no reason why it shouldn't work. Thank you everyone.
Administrator
07.05.09 00:23:50
To: jason_metallica

First please switch on back your sound card.

Then open AVS Audio Editor, follow Preferences, choose Record tab and in Device list choose your guitar processor (it should be there). Then uncheck Auto Gain Control, make a screenshot of this window and attach it here.

After that click on Test Device in the same tab, play something on your guitar and specify 1) whether the lines are moving in the window, 2) whether the program stops responding at this stage.

Also specify all the settings you select when saving a new file: how many channels, specify sample rate, sample size, etc.

Hope to hear from you soon
28.11.09 09:53:14
Everything works while capturing just single voice audio from old reel to reel tapes but when trying to capture music the final MP3 file always has 4 or 5 spots where the audio cuts out for a split second. Otherwise the audio is perfect. I'm using a new Dell Inspirion 545 with quad 2.33 Ghz; 3.24 GB RAM; 750GB HD; XP professional SP3. I'm capturing Teac 3340s reel to reel sound via a McLelland UP2.0 USB audio capture device with pre-amp - it also has monitor out so I can hear the audio coming from Teac tape deck and there's no break in sound, but after capture and then playback on desktop computer there's always a few points where the audio drops out. The attached audio file is sample that includes 3 dropouts at beginnging, middle and end. Please help!

Ron
Attached files:
22.01.10 19:32:51
Hello all.
I love listening live internet radio broadcasts, but sometimes I am not next to a computer to listen.
I used to use AVS recorder for such recordings on my desktop computer, and it worked great. Also it is great for internet lessons.
But now I installed AVS software on my new Wind7 laptop and only mic and line-n works for recording.
I am not sure how I configured my sound card, I wish I remember. But I've donated my old computer, besides it hard disk is wipe clean. There is no way to review the old configuration.
Have anyone tried to make such recording without mic or line-in, directly from the system sound?
Or perhaps anyone knows how to strip just the sound from video file and save it?
I mastered Snag-in for capturing internet Web-lessons into video files. I think if I can simply capture empty screen with sound playing, the extract the sound, that will do the trick.
Thanks,
Administrator
25.01.10 03:05:52
SilverSurfer:
Have anyone tried to make such recording without mic or line-in, directly from the system sound
This option is called Stereo Mix, you need to enable it in the OS settings. For that, follow Control Panel > Hardware and Sound and click "Manage audio devices" under the Sound tab. Here go to Recording, right-click on the empty space in this window and enable "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices". After that Stereo Mix should apprear under the available recording options.

If this does not happen, you need to update drivers for your audio card. Download the latest Windows 7 compatible drivers from the official website of your audio card manufacturer.

Best regards
09.04.10 05:02:06
Hi, I have a problem with Capturing audio from my PC, example; if I want to record a streaming file from the web, it will have noise over it, like electrical crackling!
If I try and record through a Aux input it is the same!
I have Win7 64bit installed, and a ASUS mother board with on board audio.
It used to work on XP!
Help, any suggestions?
Kind regards,
Nick
Attached files:
162.04 KB
10.04.10 03:52:12
To: Nick070166

Hello Nick,

Have you tried selecting Stereo Mix input for recording?

Regards.
18.10.10 13:22:29
Okay so I justed downloaded the newest version of the video editor (One I had from 2009) and it's unregistered but it won't do ANYTHING! When I import audio then try to play it it actually says "Playing" and I turn my volume WAAY up but nothing! I can't record voice either (Microphone IS plugged in and works with Windows Movie Maker)

Please help! *SOS*

I'd take a download for the 2009 version also!

Thanks! ;-)
19.10.10 01:06:50
To: Kiemo12345

Hello,

Please reinstall the software using the instructions here.

Also, please update or reinstall drivers for your sound card.

If it does not help, please specify what error you get recording audio in AVS Video Editor.

Best regards.
10.10.11 21:36:54
I am trying to create an audio book. I record, but if I mess up I don't understand how to start recording from the spot where I messed up at. When I try it opens another new file. I want it all on one file. Pleas help.
Lex
Administrator
11.10.11 09:45:06
To: Alohana

Hello,

Unfortunately,the new version of AVS Audio Recorder doesn't have Pause button.So,it is impossible to pause the recording and restart it from the moment you have paused. it.Each time the recording will be started.AVS Audio Editor allows to pause audio recording. Please follow our instructions.

Best regards.
04.01.12 19:36:08
I am trying to record my Voice Mail messages off my cell phone using Audio Recorder 4.0 and Audio Editor 7.0. Have connected the adapter cables for phone headset jack and, to microphone input on my PC, running XP. The audio is coming through when recording as I've tested a short portion of my first message, saved as an .mp3 file and played the message back.

Problem is, I cannot hear the audio through the speakers while it is recording and can only see the visual of the audio waveform. Since the headset jack is plugged in, I have no way of hearing the Automated Voice Mail prompts. Is there a setting that I can change that will allow me to hear what is being recorded?

Thanks ~
09.01.12 12:17:46
To: frshbeat@pacbell.net

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

As you connected headset jack to microphone input on your PC, you should enable it in playback settings on your PC, see Volume icon in Tray. Open Master volume using this icon and disable mute on your microphone input.

Best regards.
24.04.12 21:44:32
Odd problem----I use Audio Editor every day, and today, my voice simply will not record. Of course, I checked my mute button, the volume, and I also tried the headset and microphone with Skype---which worked fine. I am a complete technophobe and have no idea what could be causing this---any ideas? I use the program for work, so I am kind of stuck unless I get this figured out----thanks in advance.
Lex
Administrator
25.04.12 07:00:48
To: advocate

Hello,

Your request was processed at our support system:
http://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  217