AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Nat
21.12.12 04:20:32
To: sherwindu

Dear User,

sherwindu:
of more interest to me to see if any of the bugs I am experienced have been addressed

For now one of your problem has been fixed in the latest version of AVS Video Editor - the one with text overlays.
All the other problems are being delt with at our development team and I will let you know as soon as we've got a solution.

sherwindu:
What is Datch language support (possibly Dutch?)

Yes, you are right, sorry for misspelling.

sherwindu:
maybe something can be done to prevent the editor from jumping back to the start of the timeline whenever one deletes something at the tail end of the timeline

Could you specify if the marker jumps every time you delete something from a timeline?
Specify what objects you delete when this happens.
Try to delete the object in three different ways: by clicking on the keyboard 'delete' button, by right clicking on the object and choosing 'delete' and by using the 'Delete' button on AVS Video Editor toolbar right above the timeline. Do you get the same problem in all the three cases?

Thank you for using AVS4YOU software and for your understanding.

Kind regards
23.12.12 09:22:11
To answer your question about what I am deleting, it is any video segment at the end of the timeline. This occurs for me when I am adding video sources
in an incremental fashion, so if I forget to bring the next source down to the timeline and try to delete any video at the end of the timeline (usually some trailier film with no viewable video), the end segment is deleted and the timeline jumps back to the beginning. I delete it by selecting the trailer, right clicking on it, and selecting the delete option. I have not tried the other methods for deletion as you suggest. Since I have already wrapped up my latest project, I will not be able to test your suggestions until I start my next project.

Again, I am sorry to see your developer team focusing on these new gadgets and Windows 8, instead of improving the basic editor and making it more user friendly. I think Windows 8 will be a bust for video editing and is not worth the time you are putting into it.
Nat
25.12.12 07:47:49

Dear User,

Thank you a lot for all the information and help provided.

The issue you describe is at our development team and we plan to resolve it in the next version.

I will contact you as soon as I get any information.

Again thank you a lot for all the suggestions and cooperation.

Best regards
Nat
21.01.13 04:42:43

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
22.01.13 00:56:13
Nat,

Your link goes no place. It takes me back to the forum list where I left off.
28.01.13 08:27:03
I hope I don't have to wait for feedback until your next software release. I would like to know what was wrong with the file and why it hung up on several software BluRay players except for Windows Media Player. I am hung up here not knowing if I should complete my video edit without this segment, or wait for, or get a fix for it.
aqk
28.01.13 18:33:01
I have briefly edited the VEP file, if only to cure a couple of problems-

-1. changed stabilization from 1 back to 0.
A large VHS-tape video done 20 years ago, from an old hand-held camera that was quite "shakey".
The stabilization worked wonders for the jerkiness, but somehow the sound was inferior, and the picture, although stable, was oddly more blurry.
When I tried to remove the stability, this item in the menu was always grayed out. Why?
So I had to change it in the VEP.

-2. The original video was full of interlace lines, so I used Avery Lee's VirtualDub-MPEG to remove these, as well as adjust the brightness and contrast, and sharpen the picture a bit.
The output was an XVid-MP4 AVI of course, so I modified the filename in the VEP.

Seems to work quite well.

If there is any way in AVI4YOU to do the above video enhancing, please let me know

NOTE! MAke sure you copy/backup the VEP before editing it! The original VEP still refers to the older MPEG file.
29.01.13 05:37:24
aqk,
Not sure what your reply is all about, but I think it is not connected to my issue.

Never the less, I am interested in what you did to improve the VEP file. From my standpoint,
this file is very cryptic, and I have only been able to do minor changes to it. There is no
editor for the VEP files, so you must have done these operations manually.

There are ways to do limited editing of video in the editor like brightness and contrast, but
the other things you mentioned are not apparently fixable with this program.
aqk
29.01.13 07:03:10

Sorry- My reply was sort of off-topic.
I was looking at comments about the VEP file to see how I could change things, and got carried away.
But the VEP is cryptic. I suppose it isn't meant for users to play with, unless one makes a backup of the original for recovery, when things get screwed up.
As you said: Minor changes only: in my case I changed the video filename, and the "stabilization" parameter from a 1 to a 0.
Not sure I wanna play with it further...
Nat
30.01.13 11:14:51

Dear User,

We are sorry for kept you waiting, but unfortunately it is not possible to use AVS4YOU software to convert the file you have sent, as it was originally encoded not right.

Sorry for the inconvenieces caused and thank you for understanding.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  25