AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.01.13 01:33:53
Hello,

I have already opened a request to get this resolved (which I am still waiting on your reply) but thought I would look here at your forum to see if other are having the same problem as myself. I see this activation issue where your system is complaining about multiple computer installations and rejects reactivation seems to be a problem that affects many.

Why is this happening, can you explain the details that cause this to happen. It is very inconvient to the end user to have to deal with.

I have had your software for a number of years and had to get it fixed at least 5 times. Honestly your AVS4YOU software package is wonderful, flexible and easy to use but when it keeps crapping out because of the registration issue it makes me wish I had never spent the money.

As a professional software beta tester if someone came to me and asked if I would recommend this software even though it is an excellent value and works (when it not broke) I would have to say no. I have had numerous situations where I would be testing other software and needed to capture a screen and add narrative, then I would pop up AVS Screen capture just to find out activation was broke again and I had to use another utility.
Attached files:
Nat
21.01.13 10:57:43
To: JamesNewhouse

Dear User,

Your question has already been answered in AVS Support System.
Please use your e-mail and password to track the answer.

Kind regards
LKL
21.02.13 05:23:05
I upgraded to a SSD in my laptop last week. I did a fresh install of Windows. I installed and activated AVS without issues. even used it over the weekend.

Then yesterday it stops working with the "multiple computer installations" problem. I posted a message in support forum but haven't heard back. I need this issue resolve; I have a video project for my class due Friday morning. Thanks.
Nat
21.02.13 11:54:23
To: LKL

Dear User,

Your question has already been answered in AVS Support System.
Please use your e-mail and password to track the answer.

Kind regards
09.03.13 15:15:21
It would seem that the answer to all the questions on this topic is that AVS4YOU offer an "unlimited license" which is in fact not unlimited. It should not be called unlimited as they only allow installation of this on one computer NOT one computer at a time. If you purchase a new computer, apparently you are not allowed to remove it from the old computer and install it on the new computer. HOW IS THIS UNLIMITED???? On a case by case basis, if you email them, they will allow you to install it on a new computer. This is annoying and unfair. I am sure that 90% of us would never have bought this "UNLIMITED" software if we had known this in advance. This is not standard with software companies and their practice is very misleading.

I love the software, but will switch to an alternative software next computer and will pass the word around as much as I can about this scam. As I am sure you have all noticed by now, they never respond on this forum other than to say that the matter has been attended to, and thny they shut up all their complaining users by reactivating their license for one more use.

To me this is not acceptable practice. I hope other users get the opportunity to read this post, as it would not surprise me if they deleted this post as soon as they see it, as it speaks the truth they are trying to hide.
Nat
11.03.13 04:48:44
To: simone@marrons.us

Dear Simone,

We are really sorry for any inconvenices caused.

According to AVS4YOU Forum rules "All questions related to AVS4YOU software license (purchasing, receiving, recovering) should not be posted on the forum." That is why almost all the answers in this thread refer to AVS Support System.

Concerning AVS4YOU licence policy, yes as AVS4YOU software is licenced on a per computer basis, you need additional licence for every computer you need to activate the software on, this policy is used by other software manufactures also.

However, we always try to consider the situation individually and not leave our customers unsatisfied.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
11.03.13 22:05:35
Other software companies allow you to remove it from an old computer and put it on a new computer. I own lots of software and yours is the only one that I have an issue with when I purchase a replacement computer. You do not have the right to call it "UNLIMITED" and then restrict it to only one use. Do you know the meaning of the word "unlimited"? It certainly doesn't mean one installation only. You should call it "single installation only". This is false advertising!!
Nat
13.03.13 06:00:59
To: simone@marrons.us

Dear Simone,

Thank you for the suggestion and the information.

I will surely pass it over to whom is responsible.

Kind regards
16.04.13 16:43:18
Hi Admin.

I have the same problem.
Could you please ansswer to my mail I sent to (italian) Support yesterday? Otherwise, answer directly in english at my mail.

Thanks in advance.
Manuel
Nat
17.04.13 08:05:44
To: mandila73

Dear Manuel,

You have been answered in Italian in AVS Support System.

Kind regards
12.06.13 16:09:24
Dear Admin, please send my request to the Process System to allow me to use my registered AVS on my new laptop.

I have uninstalled my AVS from my old laptop and want to use it on my new laptop.

Thank you.
Nat
13.06.13 12:16:17
To: MannyV

Dear MannyV,

Your request has been processed in AVS Support System.

Kind regards
Nat
13.06.13 12:16:19
To: MannyV

Dear MannyV,

Kind regards
09.08.13 09:56:34
I have a registered version (7.2.1.528) and the PC it was loaded on hardware failure. Now after reloading the software the activation system says I am locked. Can you please help? Or do I need to purchase something (even though I did purchase an "Unlimited Subscription")?

Please help, this is urgent. Thank you.
Nat
12.08.13 06:46:48
To: NetServices

Dear user,

Kind regards
19.08.13 16:40:35
OK.. so add me to the list of annoyed customers folks! I've been a loyal AVS customer for years.. finally bought an unlimited lic. Had two PC using the software as per lic. One hard drive/OS crapped out so I replaced and re-installed OS. Haven't replaced to AVS yet. De-installed AVS from the second machine. So now I simply don't have it on any machine at all. Can I install on the new machine or the one with the re-installed OS? NOPE! Got that same too many users message.

REALLY? are your paying customers supposed to be inconvenienced because of your licensing issues? Fix this now AVS... I need the software to work and I do need it now. I did pay for it and I'm abiding buy the licensing agreement. You should too!
Nat
20.08.13 08:29:13
To: Paul.J@AVATARproductions.com

Dear Paul,

We understand your situaltion and can allow you to activate the software.

Please follow AVS Support System page to be assisted:
http://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
04.10.13 10:24:25
Hi
i have the same issues with an unlimited licence. I see i have 3 computers activated on your site. I reinstal one of this and i have the same message of other people here and no responce of the support. Can you make anything please ?
Nat
04.10.13 13:03:19
To: Julien Bargoin

Dear Julien,

Sorry for the delay in reply and any inconvenices caused.

You have been assisted in AVS Support System.

Kind regards
25.11.13 21:28:44
I'm just wondering how long I should expect to wait for a response to my request on the AVS4You support site - it's now three days since I logged it.

My "unlimited license" worked for a few days only before I started getting incorrect license expired and multiple computers messages neither of which are the case - it's only ever been installed on one machine.

It's a shame because the product functionality seems to be very good, and I was looking forward to using your products more in my business.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  255