AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
23.05.11 19:03:49
I've emailed this to Vlad on the morning of the 22nd but haven't heard from him. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I've JUST encountered an interesting technical issue with AVS' Video Editor 5.2.2.173 (the latest version).

Until last evening I was able to edit the text without issue. This morning, however, when I try type letters they all turn into NUMBERS -- I've changed NO SETTINGS on the Editor at all!

Please give me insight as to what may be happening... As you can see from this message I'm not having the issue elsewhere.

Upon 'playing' with the AVS Video Editor 5.2 in Text mode here's what I've found...

1) Most often when I press a lettered key (i.e., QWERTY) the letter is changed into a number that begins with 1 and goes UP (i.e, Q=1, W=2, E=3 etc.) until 0 is reached and then the series of numbers begins again starting with 1.

2) However, sometimes the first stroke of a specific key will result in the actual letter being produced on the screen but each and every subsequent stroke begins with 1 and goes up as detailed in my last sentence.

3) Also, if that isn't strange enough (with the first sentence in mind) I can depress the same key (ex: Q) multiple times in a row and the numbers will simply ascend in numeric sequence (1-0 and start over).

Finally, when I depress the number pad the numbers appear in sequences that match the order I noted in sentence 3 -- in other words, if I depress the 1 key on the 10-key pad 6 times the number presented at the end of this is 6 rather than a series of six 1's (i.e., 6 and not 111111). Note also that the problem extends to EVERY key on the QWERTY keyboard including <>?,./ etc., etc.

BTW, I HAVE uninstalled the Video Editor 5.2, downloaded the Video Editor again (different physical drive and different directory (obviously), rebooted my system and then reinstalled the same program. SAME RESULTS.

Thanks,

Pastor Lonnie

I'm running Windows 7 Home Version 64 Bit -- I've got a 350 GB Harddrive with over 270 GB free and 8 GB Ram.
24.05.11 05:13:18
PastorLonnie:
I've emailed this to Vlad on the morning of the 22nd but haven't heard from him. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

Until last evening I was able to edit the text without issue. This morning, however, when I try type letters they all turn into NUMBERS -- I've changed NO SETTINGS on the Editor at all!

Dear Pastor Lonnie,

Sorry for the late response, mormally we respond within 48 hours.

Have not you changed some system settings, i.e regional, language parameters? Does the same problem exist in other programs, for example NotePad?

Having this information we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards.
24.05.11 06:32:32
To: Vlad

No problem on the late response... I actually wasn't terribly worried about it but I do have a project I need to get done by Saturday.

In any case, the answer to both your questions is NO.

I haven't changed ANY settings at all in the Video Editor (in fact, as I stated in my prior message, I actually uninstalled the program (deleted the entire thing from my computer), rebooted my system, downloaded a 'fresh' copy from AVS4YOU, reinstalled the program, rebooted my system again and then started the program only to find that the exact same thing happened.

Also, the problem does NOT exist on ANY other program I use (i.e., Notepad, Wordpad, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, etc., etc.).

Thanks!

Pastor Lonnie
24.05.11 06:36:40
To: PastorLonnie

Also, I have NOT changed ANY settings on my computer either.

Pastor Lonnie
24.05.11 07:09:01

Thats very strange...

Try doing the following - reinstall the program cleaning registry entries, instructions here.

Also, delete files in the following directory - C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoEditor\Profiles. Please note that the folder AppData is hidden, so you should check "Show hidden files and folders" in My Computer>Organise>Search and Folder options>View.
24.05.11 21:28:40

Vlad, I did everything you asked me to do and even went so far as to DELETE ALL the AVS programs.

Unfortunately, I'm having the SAME problem.

Also, how do I get the system to recognize that I've ALREADY registered my programs since it is now saying that they are 'Non-Activated?"

Thanks!

Pastor Lonnie
25.05.11 01:17:24

Dear Pastor Lonnie,

Could you please open your Region and Language settings and check which keyboard is selected as input language (see the screenshots attached)?
Please choose US or United States International.

As for activation, I just sent the instructions in our support system.

Best regards.
Attached files:
33.83 KB
27.47 KB
34.03 KB
25.05.11 07:55:28

It was already checked but, just to make certain, I unchecked it and rechecked it.

Pastor Lonnie

PS: I've attached a Screen Shot of the Keyboard Language.
Attached files:
26.05.11 00:55:02

Could you please run AVS Screen Capture and record video where we can see this problem in AVS Video Editor? It will allow us to reproduce it.
26.05.11 17:05:08

Here you go Vlad...

Screen Capture 1 From Pastor Lonnie (with Audio as to what keys I was pressing while making the video).
27.05.11 20:10:19

Vlad, any ideas at all. Like I said earlier in the week, I have a project I need to have done by tomorrow evening.

Thanks!

Pastor Lonnie
28.05.11 02:09:30

Dear Pastor,

We are very sorry about the problem, but cannot identify the reason off it.

Have not you installed any windows updates recently? If yes, you may try restoring system using one system restore points. Have not you also installed some text fonts?

The problem is really unusuall...
28.05.11 09:38:42

No to both questions. I've not installed any Windows updates nor have I installed any new fonts.

I've TRIED EVERYTHING I can think of to diagnose the issue on this end as well. Nothing works. The strangest part to me is that a day before I wrote you the first time everything was working fine. Then it just 'broke.'

If I'm unable to use your program can I get a refund of the money I spent purchasing it?

Pastor Lonnie
30.05.11 07:19:16
PastorLonnie:

The strangest part to me is that a day before I wrote you the first time everything was working fine. Then it just 'broke.'

The only explanaition can be that something had changed that day on your system.

We still would like to try solving the problem. Could you please send us screenshots of all your Regional and Language settings? Also, have you tried unplugging keyboard, then plugging it to another port? What if you enter text in other AVS software, such as AVS Video Converter?

Regards.

P.S. Please note that refund issues are not discussed on the forum according to the forum rules. Address such issues via e-mail or support system.
30.05.11 09:23:14

I'll try the AVS Video Converter... never actually thought of that because the only program I've used is the Video Editor.

I'll get back to you in a bit (as soon as I've tried to enter text into your converter and have gotten the Screen Captures).

Pastor Lonnie
30.05.11 10:06:51

Vlad, here are the Screen Shots you asked for and a couple of others as well.

The first 4 are of my language settings.

The last 1 is:

Screen Shot 6: AVS Photo Editor -- I actually got the TEXT feature on this program to work and, as you'll see, it came out FINE!

As for your question about 'unplugging the keyboard' I can't. I'm using a laptop (it's NEW).

I wanted to send you Screen Shot 5: AVS Video Converter. But, since I couldn't figure out how to get the text to edit (I'd never used this program before trying to do so today), I figured it didn't really matter.

I'd very much like for AVS to try to solve the problem as well but, honestly, it's more than a bit frustrating that NO other program has been affected on my computer and that I had to pay someone else to finish the project I'd started with AVS Editor (it wasn't a lot of money but I still had to foot the bill).

Vlad, I appreciate the time you're spending with me on this issue and I'm not upset with you or anyone in particular... it's just frustrating.

Thanks!

Pastor Lonnie
www.99for1ministries.com
Attached files:
438.28 KB
371.55 KB
437.32 KB
532.25 KB
31.05.11 01:09:35

Dear Pastor,

Thanks for the info.

Could you please also specify the model of your laptop?

Regards.
31.05.11 08:51:53

Asus g73sw

Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: 2 GHZ
8 GB Ram
71 GB FREE Space Drive C
271 GB FREE Space Drive D
01.06.11 04:26:52

Thanks. By the way, we have just released new version of AVS Video Editor, which you can download from this link. Please try using it.
01.06.11 08:30:21

Just installed it. Same issue.

Pastor Lonnie
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  344