AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
27.03.13 09:26:15
To: footonball

Thank you for you sincere and kind words.

Yes, you are a Saviour for all AVS Video Converters users who want to convert their blu ray (High quality) movies into mp4 format with DTS-HD Audio.

It worked wonderfully and now I can sit in my bath tub and watch Shutter island on my iPhone. Please note: I use it for my own personal use.

But there is a 'However', and that however, after I successfully converted the blu ray movie with DTS-HD Audio. I figured I should try out True HD as some of my other movies support it. So I tried converting my all time favourite movie 'The Matrix' which contains True HD Audio (Screenshot A).

I tried converting the movie (once it has been copied onto my hard drive) with AVS Converter and it shows that the information on the file equal to zero ('0'). Information such as 'Size', 'Bitrate', and 'Channels'. I felt that was a bit weird and I had this feeling that it may have issues once it gets converted. (Screenshot B)

Once it was completely converted, I tested it out a number of video players (such as VLC, Power DVD, Windows Media Player, unfortunately, the movie started perfectly fine at the start (with purely great video quality) but after 45 minutes into movie; it went distorted - the video was distorted and the audio became distorted as well. (Screenshots C, D, E)

http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/05/70/36/70/17/Matrix-TrueHD.jpg (Screenshot A) Using DVDFab to copy onto hard disk, showing True HD.
http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/01/37/36/33/03/Matrix-TrueHD-beforeConversion.jpg (Screenshot B) AVS Converter displaying on screen capture that some information appears but parameters such as Size, Bit rate and Channels equal to only zero ('0')
http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/84/77/14/10/14/Distorted-Visual-Imagery-Audio.jpg (Screenshot C) the movie went distorted after 45 minutes
http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/85/94/19/13/02/Distorted-Visual-Imagery-Audio-2.jpg (Screenshot D) the movie went distorted after 45 minutes
http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/79/74/77/55/14/Distorted-Visual-Imagery-Audio-4.jpg (Screenshot E) used VLC player

I noticed by the title of this post that someone has already identified this problem that the software does not support TrueHD audio. But I guess that was some time ago.

I would like to put that up on the forum boards againa, my question is, can AVS Video Converter convert movies that contain True HD Audio?
Nat
01.04.13 12:00:21
To: footonball

Dear user,

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem and the screenshots attached.

To analyse the problem we need one of your source files you are trying to convert. Please upload it to our FTP server so we could analyse the problem.

I have send you the instructions on how to do it via AVS Support System.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
12.11.12 01:40:29
When converting a Blu-Ray, I am ending up with the commentary on the audio track (director, actor, etc.). I have tried several discs and get the same results.
I've tried going through the index.bdmv file and the m2ts file (this sometimes get a non English language) directly.
Any help would be appreciated.

Specifics:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
AVS Cideo Converter 8.2 (AVS4You Software Navigator says everything is up to date).
AnyDVD HD
Administrator
12.11.12 09:04:02
To: refog

Hello,

To avoid the problem we would ask you to unzip and launch the attached utility on your PC. This utility will update AVS software components installed on your PC.

1. Save the attached .exe file on your PC.
2. Close all running AVS applications and launch the utility.
3. Follow the instructions given.
4. When the installation is complete new updated software components will be installed on your computer.
Then please repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.

2. Follow Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Repair.

Please let us know about the results.
Best regards
Attached files:
12.11.12 20:58:00
To: Esther

Hi Esther,

Thank you very much. One the couple that I have tried, this resolved the issue.

Your help is appreciated.
Administrator
13.11.12 07:20:26

You are welcome :-)
We are glad that the issue is resolved.
04.07.13 16:59:52
refog:
When converting a Blu-Ray, I am ending up with the commentary on the audio track (director, actor, etc.). I have tried several discs and get the same results.
I've tried going through the index.bdmv file and the m2ts file (this sometimes get a non English language) directly.
Any help would be appreciated.

Specifics:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
AVS Cideo Converter 8.2 (AVS4You Software Navigator says everything is up to date).
AnyDVD HD

After updating my software, the issue above is back. I downloaded the patch and applied, but it is still happening. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John
Nat
10.07.13 09:43:22

Dear John,

Please try to use the recommendations given on this post.

Inform about the result please.

Kind regards
10.07.13 17:32:11

Hi refog, was the DTS-HD sound recognized for you already?
23.07.13 21:26:13
Hi Nat,

Thank you very much. That appears to have resolved the issue.

Much appreciated.

John

Nat:

Dear John,

Please try to use the recommendations given on this post.

Inform about the result please.

Kind regards
23.07.13 21:27:18
Hi Doncht,

No, it wasn't. After applying the new libraries though, it is.

John (aka Refog)

doncht:

Hi refog, was the DTS-HD sound recognized for you already?
Nat
24.07.13 04:26:00

Hi John,

Thank you for the information.

I am glad the problem is resolved.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  163