AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.08.10 17:52:40
I am running the latest version of the Video Converter. I am trying to convert a couple blu-ray movies to mp4 to play on my phone while I am on a trip. One of the movies converted just fine, as far as I can tell. I am having issues with a second movie.

When I first converted the movie, the audio came over in French (default language when I play it in my blu-ray player program is English). When I checked the audio languages in the advanced options, I had:
1. French - AC3
(5 channel)
2. Spanish (Espanol) - AC3
(5 channel)
3. English - AC3
(2 Channel)

When I converted while set to the third option - English - I get the commentary track. Why am I unable to find the 5 channel English track normally played when I watch the movie from the disk?
30.08.10 06:26:29
To: Ilnali

Hello,

Perhaps, AVS Video Converter does not recognize main english audio track from your blu-ray mpvie.

Do you have also TrueHD or DTS sound in your blu-ray movie?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
30.08.10 09:11:15
To: Vlad

I am uncertain how to find out what the main English Track audio is - All I know is that all 4 are listed in the language selection menu on the blu-ray, but only the three in Video Converter. Are those two formats not supported?

additional info: before posting, I looked up the movie online (since I am not currently at home, which is where I left the disks.) I think the main track probably is "Dolby TrueHD 5.1" according to the review I found mentioning it.
31.08.10 00:36:04
To: Ilnali

Unfortunately, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 sound is not supported by our program and if the english track in your movie is in TrueHD format, it will not be recognized by our program. You should be able to find the information about TrueHD track on the disc cover.
23.09.10 11:42:50
I have the same issue on almost all my BluRay discs, the English Audio is in TrueHD 5.1 and AVS will NOT recognize it so I can rip this to our network for easier play. How can one get AVS 7 to import TrueHD 5.1, it is a very common audio track, if not the most common.
24.09.10 02:40:59
To: jvk76

Hello,

Unfortunately, True HD sound is not supported by our software. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Best regards.
26.05.11 11:58:15

Did anyone figure out how to solve this problem? Is it possible?
30.05.11 01:14:15
To: pkooistra

Unfortunately, it is not possible to solve the problem. We do not plan support True HD sound in our software.
11.01.13 21:54:45
Wrong answer AVS !!!

...I have relied on AVS for a number of years...even recommended your software in the past.

I just tried Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 and was able to play the True-HD English audio track on my Harry Potter 06 (Half-Blood Prince) Blu-Ray.

I then tried Nero Recode 12 and successfully ripped my purchased Blu-Ray to mp4 with the True-HD audio correctly converted and sync-d to the video.

Based on these two successes, I no longer have ANY need for the AVS software suite.
Based on the poor support for this feature request, I can no longer recommend AVS software.

Sorry, but I trust when the company is no longer in business so of the more effective staff (developers, etc.) will find success in their future employ elsewhere.

--To the decision-makers who refuse to yield on this issue, I hope they know how to flip burgers, or fold newspapers.

Cold Regards,
Jason S. -- aka JasonInVegas
16.03.11 12:04:09
All,

Has anyone else experienced this? I was noticing for some movies I was only able to convert them if I chose an audio track I did not want. (i.e. foreign lanuage or commentaries) After looking into it further, I discovered that AVS Video Converter cannot read / understand (whatever) a DD True HD audio track. DTS Masterless, DTS, DD 6.1 EX, DD 5.1, etc. all work fine. The problem is there are MANY new movies that only use a DD True HD for their main audio track. I have sent an email to the helpdesk, but I have not idea how long it will take or if they even read them.

Anyone else experience this or report this to them?

Thanks,

Greg
18.03.11 04:14:44
To: camrycev6

Hello Greg,

The issue has already been discussed in this topic.

Regards.
22.03.11 09:56:19

Thank you, unfortunately I see from the other thread it is not supported. Is there any plan to correct that, or should I just go with another piece of software? I like your setup, and I will regret not recommending your software anymore. I actually have quite a few friends upset with my recommendation because of this serious limitation. This should be a high priority considering the proliferation of the DD True HD audio format.
23.03.11 02:40:48

Unfortunately, at present we do not plan to add TrueHD sound for support in AVS Video Converter. We are sorry if it may be of any inconvenience.
08.01.12 13:02:24

AVS Video convertor is a great product. Anything further on if and when TrueHD will be supported? It's would be a shame to see this product slide into history because of this huge gap.
10.01.12 07:41:19
To: ikak

Hello,

I'm very sorry, but there are no plans to add True HD format to our software in the nearest future. However, thank you for your feedback, I will forward it to our developers.

Best regards.
11.01.13 21:54:04
Wrong answer AVS !!!

...I have relied on AVS for a number of years...even recommended your software in the past.

I just tried Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 and was able to play the True-HD English audio track on my Harry Potter 06 (Half-Blood Prince) Blu-Ray.

I then tried Nero Recode 12 and successfully ripped my purchased Blu-Ray to mp4 with the True-HD audio correctly converted and sync-d to the video.

Based on these two successes, I no longer have ANY need for the AVS software suite.
Based on the poor support for this feature request, I can no longer recommend AVS software.

Sorry, but I trust when the company is no longer in business so of the more effective staff (developers, etc.) will find success in their future employ elsewhere.

--To the decision-makers who refuse to yield on this issue, I hope they know how to flip burgers, or fold newspapers.

Cold Regards,
Jason S. -- aka JasonInVegas
Nat
17.01.13 06:21:57
To: JasonInVegas

Dear Jason S,

We are really sorry for any inconvenieces caused.

At present DTS TrueHD sound is supported by the latest versions of AVS4YOU software, so you can be sure you can convert files with the mentioned sound without any problems.

Dolby TrueHD sound support is being at the process of development now and will be supported in one of the next versions of AVS4YOU software this year.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards
25.03.13 13:14:50
To: Nat

Dear Nat,

In regards to your post about AVS4YOU software having support for DTS-HD and conversion will be successful. I am simply cannot convert my blu ray movies with DTS-HD audio into MP4 format with sound.

http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/37/57/27/67/15/DVD-Fab-Copy_1.jpg shows that the movie is DTS-HD audio format (copied with DVD FAB)
http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/91/44/08/46/screenshot-no_sound_1.jpg shows that the output will have no sound

Are you sure that the latest version of the software will support DTS-HD?

The version that I have is AVS Video Converter 8.3.
Attached files:
25.03.13 13:03:09
I am trying to convert one of my blu ray movies (Shutter Island; pretty awesome movie as well) to MP4 format. The movie contains DTS-HD Master audio format for the whole movie. It doesn't provide any sound when conversion of MP4 format is completed. As you can see, in the screenshot, no audio information appears on the screen capture.

First and foremost, does AVS Video Converter support DTS-HD Master audio format?

My other question, how do I fix this and get the conversion of MP4 format with sound?

My last question, would I need to convert DTS-HD Master to AC3? (Because I have successfully converted my other blu ray movies with AC3)
Attached files:
Nat
26.03.13 09:36:59
To: footonball

Dear user,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

We are sorry for the inconvenieces.

To resolve the issue please try to do the following:
1. Save the attached .exe file on your PC.
2. Close all running AVS applications and launch the utility.
3. Follow the instructions given.
4. When the installation is complete new updated software components will be installed on your computer.

After that the DTS-HD sound should be recognised in AVS Video Converter.

Please note that the components are now being tested and will be included in the next release of AVS4YOU software.

Inform about the result.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  29