AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
27.11.09 04:14:09
User:
I type in my key, but get 'license invalid' error.

The license key you have received upon purchase might contain some letters/numbers which can be easily confused (for ex, symbol 0 for the letter O). Therefore we'd advise to copy your license key from the registration letter and paste it into the appropriate box of the Activation window (Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > Activation).

In case you cannot use the right-click menu, please select the license key with the mouse and use the Ctrl+C keyboard combination to copy the key and the Ctrl+V to paste it into the appropriate field of the Activation application.

After you paste the key, click OK.

Make sure you are connected to the Internet. The Internet connection is required only once - during activation and validation of your license.
27.11.09 04:21:25
User:
How can I get past 'general failure' error?

You can use our offine activation instructions which can be found on the following page. As soon as our Support Managers receive your hardware ID and license key they will promptly create an .exe file for you in order to activate the software offline.
27.11.09 04:21:53
User:
I am connected to the Internet, but the activation utility is unable to establish connection to the server.

The firewall or antivirus program installed on your computer might block the Activation utility from connecting to the Internet. Please create a rule for Registration.exe which can be found in C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU*, so that it could connect to our server and complete the activation process.

In case you do not know how to do that, you can disable your antivirus/firewall during the activation process, and do not forget to enable it back afterwards. AVS4YOU software will need to connect to our server only once - during activation and validation of your license.

If you still fail to avoid this error, please use the offine activation instructions offered here and send your hardware ID and license key to our Support Team. They will help you to activate the software using the offline registration procedure.

*Note, in case you use a 64-bit operational system the directory will be as follows:
C:\Program Files(x86)\AVS4YOU
27.11.09 04:23:02
User:
My registration period has not expired yet, why do I get 'license expired' error?

There might be a couple of reasons why you get this error. Please use the following recommendations:

1. Check date and time settings on your personal computer. Make sure they are set correctly.

2. Make sure the programs do not run in compatibility with the previous version of the operational system which is currently installed on your PC. For that, follow C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoConverter*, right-click AVSVideoConverter.exe and open Properties. Here under Compatibility tab make sure that NO options are chosen in Compatibility Mode field.

3. Follow to C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\*, right-click Registration.exe > Properties and make sure that no options are chosen in Compatibility Mode here as well.

4. Delete all the files from the following folder:
(for XP) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVS4YOU\Licence
(for Vista and Windows 7) C:\ProgramData\AVS4YOU\Licence

Then activate the software once again using your license key following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > Activation.

If these solutions are not helpful feel free to contact our Support Team.

*Note, in case you use a 64-bit operational system the directory will be as follows:
C:\Program Files(x86)\AVS4YOU
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  35