AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
03.09.08 11:53:00
I am building a series of photo albums to display on my DVD Player the intent is to develop event chapters by year . The pictures are digital and in JPEG format. I generated WMV and AVI formats using Video Editor 4. I then inputted these in to DVD Authoring to see if I could develop a menu. I kept it simple by only using 1 chapter without any additional features. With either format I used as input I received the message "'Project Build error. Contact our support team". It appears the failure occurs when building the menu. I have included screen prints from each attempts (I did try more than once). Suggestions.*SOS*

Thanks
John M.
To: johnM65

Hey there,
I am getting the same error when building a dvd compilation from an mpg generated using the AVS4YOU Converter. My menu structure has a main screen and 9 chater pages with 3 chapters on each.
I have tryed various different settings and nothing works.
My build keeps failing 3% before the end, it gets to building menu chapter 9 before it crashes.
My OS is Windows Vista Business Pro.
anybody got any ideas????
I have dropped a line to the support team to see what response i get from there.
To: izzyonstage6150

I did the same thing 2 days ago and they requested some files and the procedures I followed. Since this was my first album with AWS I kept it simple with small files and no frills.
28.03.09 08:28:35
To: Dam

I'm having a similar problem to Chris89, in that the DVD build gets to the final step (finalisation) at 99% and then displays the same "Project build error" box. I'm using Windows Vista and I've downloaded the latest version of the DVD authorising software.
Administrator
30.03.09 04:07:17
To: arundle

Please zip your project file and attach it here. This would help us to analyse the problem.
Thank you in advance.
30.03.09 14:04:16
To: nadin

Hope these are the files that you mean. Let me know if they are not.

Thanks in advnace,
Arundle
Attached files:
30.03.09 14:05:16
I had requested some support using the web site form but just noted you have an open topic on the issue.

I had tested the trial version with some video files I need to burn and my tests were successful. I then proceeded to purchase the license (AVS Authoring) and now, when I try to build I get a Build Error message. I then tried the same with a small file (I am using MPG files) and I dont get the error but when I try to play the dvd after burning, the DVD player does not recognize any files in the DVD. So, scenario:

1. Some WMV files were converted to Mpeg2. These were successfully tested with the AVS trial version
2. (3) files imported into project.I create a (3) chapter project and when I think everything is in place, I go "Build"
3. I use "Best Quality" which yields a 78% dvd
4. After a while and during what I believe is the last phase of the building process, I get the "Build Error contact support" message.
5. In troubleshooting I created a project with just (1) mpeg file and (1) chapter. I Build and the building process goes through successfully. I then burn the file and it "burns" successfully. When I insert the dvd into the player, nothing plays- as if a dvd with no file had been inserted. I had done the same with the trial version and I could see the movie, with the watermark of course, wit no problems.

Background:
I originally captured some video using MS Moviemaker (not the best but it worked). In order to be able to see the movies on a regular DVD. I noted that in my son's PC there was an "AVS DVD tool" or such. I accessed it and noted there was an additional module that I could download for trial (AVS DVD Authoring) which could do what I wanted. I indeed donwloaded, tested it and it did what I wanted - DVD burn with introductions, and capacity to burn more than one video on the same DVD and be able to choose which video I wanted using the DVD player.

Please advice (I was counting on being able to use AVS for a project I am working on).

Hector Davila
Administrator
01.04.09 00:59:27
To: arundle

Actually you have attached project files created in AVS Video Editor. According to your posts, you have had problems when building a project in AVS DVD Authoring, haven`t you? Please zip and attach the project created in this program (a .dvdprj file).

Thank you
Administrator
01.04.09 01:05:11
To: hdavila0578@gmail.com

First make sure you are using the latest version of AVS DVD Authoring (v.1.3.2.42).

hdavila0578@g...:
Some WMV files were converted to Mpeg2.
Actually you do not have to convert WMV files prior to importing them into AVS DVD Authoring, as this format is fully supported.

hdavila0578@g...:
After a while and during what I believe is the last phase of the building process, I get the "Build Error contact support" message.
Please could you zip and attach the project file here. We will analyse it and try to find out why the error occured.

hdavila0578@g...:
When I insert the dvd into the player, nothing plays- as if a dvd with no file had been inserted.
Please try playing the disc on your PC. What is the result?

Hope to hear from you soon
01.04.09 10:13:12
To: hdavila0578@gmail.com

That should be the correct file.

Thanks in advance,
Arundle
Attached files:
Administrator
15.06.09 01:29:15
To: andypetefan

Your posts have been moved. Please follow this link
02.11.09 15:55:00
hi, I purchased AVS authoring other day and haven't been able to burn a dvd yet. I create a menu, chapters ect and when it comes to build dvd, the total progess and task progess just stays at 0%, nothing happens! please help! I don't know how to send a photo of my project for you to see whats going on.
Administrator
02.11.09 22:42:45
To: lisa.powell6@bigpond.com

Please could you specify:
- the version of AVS DVD Authoring installed;
- format and origin of the files imported into the program;
- which output format you select (in Project Settings window) after you click Build DVD;
- the OS installed on your PC.

Try choosing another output folder for your authorized DVD movie, make sure its name does not contain any symbols such as "&".

lisa.powell6@...:
I don't know how to send a photo of my project for you to see whats going on.
To take a screenshot please:
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard;
- open a graphics editing program (for ex. Microsoft Paint);
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard;
- save the image in PNG or JPG format;
- attach the image file to your message.

Best regards
03.11.09 20:33:39
To: nadin

Hi, thanks for replying,
I have installed the newest version from your website. The movies i am trying to create with menus are just video files that can be played in windows media player. Not sure what you mean by 'which output format you select' i just make sure its on dvd pal, good quality, 4.7 single layer and save it in my video folder, which there is absolutely nothing in. My computer is 320Gb 3G harddrive, is that enough to run this program?? Also still can't work out how to print screen, can't find a button that says prtscn - to copy the screenshot. Please use computer words that computer illiterate people can understand, as I do know a lot on computers, but am not a computer wizard!!
Administrator
05.11.09 04:58:43
To: lisa.powell6@bigpond.com

Try reinstalling the software:

1. Go Start> All Programs> AVS4YOU> Uninstall.

2. Go Start> Run... Print regedit in the opened window and click OK. In the opened Registry Editor window please find and delete all AVS4YOU folders.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

3. Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > AVS4YOU (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Common Files> AVSMedia (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:)> Documents and Settings> All Users>>Application Data>AVS4YOU (delete it).

Now install the program anew on your PC.

If this does not help, please still provide some more detailed information:
- Please zip and attach your project file here (*.dvdprj file). To zip it, right-click the file and choose Send To > Compressed Folder.
- Specify which operational system you are using (XP or Vista, service pack, 32- or 64-bit).

The PrintScreen button can be found on your keyboards (right to F12 button at the top). You can alternatively use any free program to take a screenshot. Plenty of such programs can be easily found on the Internet (type in "screenshot program free" in a search engine and you will find one).

Looking forward to hearing from you
Online:
Users:  2  harrybrook, Nova Lucy
Guests:  186