AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.04.16 19:29:31
AVS should create a means whereby a license can be de-activated. My computer motherboard crashed, I had to purchase a new computer, and while I could de-activate many programs I owned which were on the old computer, I could not do so for AVS4You. If Norton can permit de-activation, I don't know why AVS cannot. Instead, I have to purchase an additional license, even though the one I already own is of no further value.
Nat
20.04.16 08:00:16
To: Volchief

Dear user,

If you update your PC, change any PC components, OS, hardrive, etc, you can still use your current licence key to activate the software. However if you change your PC, you need additional licence. As our subscriber you can obtain a discount for it.
Please contact our support team concerning the licence questions.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
21.04.16 05:30:58
To: Nat

What I am suggesting -- this is a wish list -- is that your policy should be revised. People change computers for all sorts of reasons. In my case, the change was entirely involuntary; my motherboard died. And while it is nice to offer discounts on additional licenses, many people may wonder why they need a second license when the first one is no longer operative.

As I have found out in recovering from the motherboard crash, other software companies do allow owners to de-activate the license on one computer in order to install the program on another. Your company should do so too.
21.04.16 05:30:59

What I am suggesting -- this is a wish list -- is that your policy should be revised. People change computers for all sorts of reasons. In my case, the change was entirely involuntary; my motherboard died. And while it is nice to offer discounts on additional licenses, many people may wonder why they need a second license when the first one is no longer operative.

As I have found out in recovering from the motherboard crash, other software companies do allow owners to de-activate the license on one computer in order to install the program on another. Your company should do so too.
Nat
21.04.16 13:01:09

Dear user,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I will pass it over to the responsible.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
06.05.16 08:38:37

That's not fair: I've just got the very same issue. I bought a licence for a software product, why should it be bound to a specify machine?
It would be like buying a TV set and be able to use it on a single home or aerial. If you're worried about piracy, a simple way to revoke the licence would be enough to avoid multiple installations.

Thanks,

Diego
Nat
06.05.16 10:25:45
To: d_psionic

Dear Diego,

Thank you for the feedback.

If you update your PC, change any PC components, OS, hardrive, etc, you can still use your current licence key to activate the software.

However if you change your PC, you need additional licence.

Kind regards
06.05.16 17:56:43

I got this, but it still sounds unfair to me: I've got an unlimited licence, should it be "unlimited until you'll change your PC"? What kind of PC is supposed to last forever? What is the purpose of selling unlimited licence then? Other than to mislead customers I mean...

Diego
03.08.16 12:08:31
Buen día,
estoy en misma situación de Diego, se daño mi equipo y quedo allí licencia Ilimitada,, debería haber forma de hacer un reset a serie (dejarlas inútiles) que nos permita seguir usando programas sin comprar otra licencia. Entiendo la intención del autor de proteger el programa pero deberíamos tener una solución a nuestra situación involuntaria. (Nadie desea perder un Disco duro), Saludos
Nat
04.08.16 11:30:56
To: clopealf

Estimado usario,

Por favor sigue este enlace para hacer la pregunta al equipo de soporte de AVS4YOU.

Muy atentamente
12.08.17 15:31:42
I totally agree with this thread. An "Unlimited" licence is not unlimited. It is very limited... it hangs upon the life of your PC.

PCs die. PCs are stolen. PCs are replaced for more modern hardware.

The only reason I'm still using my old crappy laptop for AVS software is because I can't activate it on my new, faster desktop PC to where all of my other licenced software has been transferred.

I *love* AVS software - it serves 80% of my video/dvd needs. But this licence policy is kind of stone age.

Perhaps AVS should consider what many other companies do - limit the number of transfers of a licence. At least that gives us a viable option and makes the "Unlimited" thing a little less gimmicky.
Nat
22.08.17 12:22:18
To: mogsta

Dear user,

Kind regards
16.01.19 14:15:47

Love the product but the company does not LOVE us!!!

If you sell a product with a valid registration number why can it be loaded on another PC - I would even pay for that service....

Bought my 3rd license yesterday because a PC was being replaced, could not fool around so I bought another copy.

I deal with many companies who will work with me to assign a new PC to a number, guess I quit telling all my clients about them.
Nat
31.01.19 06:55:43
To: ritelpa@live.com

Dear user,

Kind regards
24.11.20 10:38:59
ARgggghhh!

Ive just found this out via several aloof and "haha" support ticket reply's. I'm pretty sure after doing an bit of legal reading that this is an "unfair contract" and we should all call them out on it with legal action. Class action anyone?

It is normal to expect that users will need to change PC's periodically and especially where an "unlimited" license has been purchased you should be able to move the license to a new PC (with the obvious expectation that it will stop working on an old PC). Forcing the purchase of a new licence when you have to buy a new PC is greedy and unfair, especially in the case of an "unlimited" license.

I don't know how they are getting away with this. I have influence over a medium sized organizations software purchasing decisions, and I was trying to activate my "unlimited" AVS on a new PC so I could determine if AVS meets their requirements. After discovering this clause in the license I wont be recommending it, or renewing my own license.

Reading the forums and reviews its the #1 complaint about this software. What a shame, the software itself I have no complaints. Fortunately there are endless alternatives. Unless AVS support are going to clear my license for install on a fresh PC I'm going to use my power as a consumer and start leaving reviews warning folk about this unfair license - I suggest anyone else with the same experience does the same.
24.11.20 23:13:49
To: Ferrograph

I too have paid for the AVS4you Unlimited Access Subscription. But it is not unlimitied obviously. My computer died. I bought a new one. I installed the AVS4You software but was unable to activate it as it stated itwas installed on another computer. I emailed support and only got automated 'We will get back to you' responses.

I am willing to participate in the class action.
25.11.20 10:06:00
To: Ferrograph

Dear user,

You have been assisted via AVS Support System.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused!

Best regards
25.11.20 10:11:18
To: mrnhodge

Dear user,

You have been assisted via AVS Suppot System.

Please be informed, that the details have already been sent to our Sales Department, we can assure you that the situation will be considered in a separate case.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused!

Best regards
28.07.21 14:38:33

I would like to add my voice to this. I purchased an "unlimited" license for the AVS video editing software about 10 years ago. It is an excellent product for which I had occasional use and I considered it to be excellent value. During the last 10 years I have retired multiple laptops. Each time AVS kindly re-activated my AVS video editing software on my new laptop and I was very thankful. In June 2020 I contacted AVS to inform AVS that I had retired another laptop and that I was unable to activate my license on my new laptop. AVS referred me to their current license agreement that clearly states that the software can only be activated on the one PC. This was a surprise and a big disappointment to me.
I attach a screen dump (Activations.jpg) showing the re-activations previously granted - BUT this time AVS have refused to help me out. Very disappointing.
Attached files:
29.07.21 08:31:56
To: news@dobie.biz

Hello!

We appreciate your taking the time to offer us this feedback.

Thanks for your letter.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  449