AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
03.04.09 07:42:13
I've got a DVD containing a collection of a bunch of old commercials. The audio level for each of the commercials varies greatly. Some are so faint you can barely hear the audio and others blast you out of your chair. What are the best ways to amplify the level on the faint ones and reduce it on the loud ones? I want to selectively adjust the gain so we wind up with sound level that's consistent throughout the entire collection.

There are times I need a rush fix for this problem, but when I've got the time to fiddle about, I'm interested in producing a higher quality solution, so if there's a "Quick & Dirty" method, as well as a High Quality way to accomplish this I'm interested in learning both.
Administrator
05.04.09 23:51:45
dojo:
What are the best ways to amplify the level on the faint ones and reduce it on the loud ones?

The best way would be to use AVS Video Converter. You can import all the clips from your DVD into the program (choose VIDEO_TS.IFO as an input file), then open Edit window and apply the Amplify effect to the appropriate portions of the movie.

In Properties window (to be accessed by right-clicking the effect on the timeline) you can set either "-" gain (in this case the volume will reduce), or "+" gain (the volume will increase). By applying this effect multiple times using different settings you will be able to achieve a consistent sound level throughout the whole video sequence.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  727