AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
01.04.09 22:59:09
lazosh:
I have tried opening the VIDEO_TS folder and tried playing the VIDEO_TS file and it does not play.
Do you mean you have tried to playback the movie saved on your hard disc after conversion? Then this seems to be conversion problem.

Please still try to playback VIDEO_TS.IFO file as it contains all the information on the movie. Obviously, file extensions are hidden on your PC, so please do the following: open VIDEO_TS folder, then click on Tools > Folder Options in main menu, choose View tab and uncheck the option "Hide extensions for known file types". After that all the extensions will be viewed.

Find VIDEO_TS.IFO file and try to playback it using different DVD players.

If the movie still cannot be played, please provide us with some information concerning the source file (the one you have tried to convert): make sure it is correct, specify its origin and format.

Also please do the following: open the source file in AVS Video Converter, choose the preset, then click on Advanced > File Information and make a screenshot of this window. Please attach it here.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks for your advice.
I have tried opening the VIDEO_TS file and unchecked the "Hide extensions for known file types". The file still only shows .VOB extension. I can not find any .IFO file. When I try to play this .vob play this file, VLC will open it and plays the sound only - no video content. The Video Converter programme does not recognise it as a video. Other DVD players eg. windows media player do not recognise it.

Re. source file, it is an .avi file. This plays fine with VLC media player and on the Video Converter itself. I am attaching a screenshot of the file information for 2 files which I have had this problem with.
Attached files:
Administrator
To: lazosh

Unfortunately, it is still not clear if this is conversion or burning issue. Please could you provide us with the exact information on the following two steps:

1. Open VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD burnt and compare the files the folder contains with the files shown in the screenshot attached. Which files are missing?

2. The movie converted has also been saved to a folder on your hard disc set in Output File Name field of the program. Please find this folder on your hard disc and open VIDEO_TS folder with the movie converted. Which files does this folder contain? Try to playback VIDEO_TS.IFO file. Is the file played correctly?

Thank you in advance
Attached files:
Thanks for your advice.
I have now managed to successfully convert and burn a DVD. I am not clear why this worked as this was a movie I had previously tried to convert but had not worked. When it was successful, the DVD burnt contained the same files as on your screenshot. (These files had also appeared in the VIDEO_TS folder on that occasion although had not previously). On this occasion, the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in the converted folder did play successfully using eg. windows media player.

However, I have tried to convert and burn another film which has still been unsuccessful. On this occasion,
1. VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD burnt is completely empty. This was burnt using the video converted burner and it said it had burnt successfully.

2. the converted folder on my hard disc does not contain the VIDEO_TS.IFO folder. It only contains a .VOB folder. I have attached a screenshot of this folder. This is after having ensured that file extensions are not hidden.

I am now very confused! Please advise further.
Administrator

=-O This is really strange.

Please could you try converting this movie once again, but do not burn the disc, just convert the file with the same settings. If the file is not converted successfully this time, please again send us a screenshot showing the converted files. Apart from that, please open the source file in AVS Video Converter, choose the preset, then click on Advanced > File Information and make a screenshot of this window. Please attach this screenshot here as well.

Hope to hear from you soon
I am attaching screenshots of unsuccessful converted file and source file.
Thanks
Administrator

Unfortunately, we have not managed to reproduce the problem. Therefore we would need the following information:
- Attach your PC configuration. Follow Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System and make a screenshot.
- Specify whether you have administrative permissions on this PC.
- Describe your actions step by step when converting the file. Do you use DVD menu creation option?
- Also we would appreciate if you uploaded the file that has been converted incorrectly to our FTP server for testing. The instruction has been sent to you via our Support System.
- Also try converting any other file to DVD (a file smaller in size) and inform us on the result.

Thank you so much for the information
To: nadin

I cant manage to take any screenshots at all, somethings wrong.
There is an error in the programme, The frst two movies I did were fine. Its after that the problem has occured. After the movie converts it has a Video_TS file which only has the vob file in not the IFO files. Just to check there was not anything wrong with the files that i had. . I tried to convert the movies with AVS VIDEO EDITOR. It worked fine, which proves that there is a problem with AVS VIDEO CONVERTER.
I have paid for this product and at the moment not very happy with what it is offering.
Please give me a solution asap please

Thanks for the advice.
- I am attaching a screenshot of my system
- Yes I do have administrative permission on this PC
When converting the file, I have not been using DVD menu creation option. I select the file I want to convert via the browse button in Video Converter, then choose the Output file name, then select DVD PAL for my region in the UK (usually good quality or standard play to fit on one disc), then press convert now.
- I am having difficulty uploading the file as requested - I have sent a separate message to the support system about this
- I have tried converting another smaller file to a DVD and this worked OK. Indeed, some of the movies I have tried to convert have now worked - just not every time - even with the same movie
Apologies - screenshot now attached
Attached files:
I have now managed to upload the file to the ftp server.

Thanks
Administrator

Please could you free up some space on your hard disc to make sure there is enough memory for DVD creation.
In case this does not help, please write back.

There is over 50gb of memory. is this programme able 2 convert xvid.avi to dvd?
Administrator
To: fcuk

We would appreciate if you provided us with all the information required:

1. Please open the source file in AVS Video Converter, choose the preset, then click on Advanced > File Information and make a screenshot of this window.

To make a screenshot:
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard;
- open a graphics editing program (e.g. Microsoft Paint, select Start\Run..., enter 'mspaint' and press OK to start it);
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard;
- save the image in PNG format;
- attach it here.

2. Attach your PC configuration. Follow Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System and make a screenshot.

3. Specify whether you have administrative permissions on this PC.

4. Describe your actions step by step when converting the file. Do you use DVD menu creation option?

5. Also please upload the source file to our FTP server for testing. The instruction has been sent to you via our Support System.

Hi I have attatched the system and avs screenshots.

Yes I do have administritive permission on this sytem.

I open AVS Video Converter, click browse next to the input file name. Choose my file, then click the dvd option on the top. Then for profile I use DVD PAL LONG PLAY and simply press convert. After the conversion is finished I open up the folder where the file is, it has two files. AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. The audio file is empty and the video_ts file only contains 1 small sized .vob thing. If I have a 700mb movie to start with, it ends up as a 256mb .vob file. There are no ISO files.

I will shortly upload the source file to the FTP server.

Attached files:
193.2 KB
73.62 KB

Sorry I forgot to say that I do not use the DVD menu creation option.
Administrator
02.04.09 00:03:53
To: fcuk
It seems that our testing team has come close to a solution. :-)

During conversion please draw your attention to the following:
- if you put AVS Video Converter into tray after (or maybe during) conversion and launch the program from the tray to start converting the second file (in this case the second file might get converted to DVD incorrectly);
- if you use the Pause button during conversion;
- if your monitor is switched off during conversion / if the sleep mode is turned on (this is especially important in case you use Vista).

Would be great if you informed us on these details
02.04.09 00:04:53
I have read through the forums and found a few posters with similar problems to mine. Unfortunately there never seems to be a post indicating resolution to the problem. I will outline the steps I have taken.
1. I am running all AVS software as administrator
2. The DVD I am using is compatible with my DVD burner.
3. The source file is in AVI format. I have created a DVD from this file using different software with no problem.
4. In video converter 6 I use the browse for input file name and choose the avi file.
5. I browse the output file name, which is a folder I have named Converted Videos for TV
6. The "To DVD" button is pushed.
7. Profile is set to DVD NTSC High Quality (HQ 60/108 min. at 1 DVD/DL DVD Disc). I have not changed any of the advanced settings. They are left at the default values.
8. I click Convert Now! It appears to be converting. This operation takes approximately 6.75 minutes. I am told Conversion is completed! and given the choice to open folder, burn to disc or close. I choose burn to disc.
9. The burning window informs me everything is ready.
10. I click Start burning! It tells me the disc is not empty. Erase the disk? I click yes. It appears to be erasing the disc.
11. It starts burning. It completes. It will not play in the DVD player connected to my TV. In windows explorer, I see Audio_TS and Video_TS folders on the DVD. Both folders are empty. The hard drive has those folders as well. Audio is empty. Video has VTS_01_1.VOB. WMP gives error WMP cannot skip to the requested location". If I try to navigate to that VOB file via video converter, it does not recognize it as a video file.
Please keep in mind I can burn the exact same DVD with the exact same AVI file using different software with no problem.
02.04.09 00:04:53
I ran out of room on the previous post and I forgot to mention I use windows vista.

I have also tried converting the AVI to DVD using Video Converter 6 and then burning it to disc with AVS Disc Creato, as was suggested in one of the posts I read. It made no difference. The DVD did not play in my TV, nor on my computer.

Again, I can play the same AVI file converted and burned onto the exact same DVD using different software on my computer.
Thanks in advance for your assistance. I'm looking forward to getting this software to work. It has so many incredible options for editing both video and voice... I can't wait to use it !!
12.05.09 08:32:03
Please let me know if you're able to help or not? It's been more than 48 hours since I posted the above messages.

Thanks
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  518