AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.12.09 19:26:47
[REPLHay staff. Thanks for all your support so far. Today I burned a movie using Avs dvd copy. I ruined 2 blanks before a succesfull copy. To give you a better detail: There are five stages of burning. Finalizing is one stage, another is shrinking. I can't remember all five off the top of my head. The failure begins in the burning stage somewhere. It spits the disc out with no error screen whatsoever. It has become difficult for me to beleive 2 discs out of 3 are defective. Please help.
16.12.09 04:59:16
hicksbryan9:
It is hard to beleive that memorex ( a good name) is producing defective discs. What brand do you suggest then? Also: If I pop in a standard 4.7 g disk to burn a 7.7 g movie, will it automatically condense it with AVS dvd copy?

We recommend to burn low speed discs (2x-4x) from TDK and Verbatim manufacturers. If you choose standard 4.7g disc size for output, our program should schrink input 7.7g movie exactly to this size. However, it may be that input movie is already highly compressed, in that case it will not be possible to schrink movie to lower size with AVS DVD Copy.

hicksbryan9:
The failure begins in the burning stage somewhere

Could you please repeat the problem and notice on what exact stage the process fails?
16.12.09 19:02:20
When I use Avs dvd copy, there are 5 stages that pop up. The entire problem starts up exactly in the "burning" stage. Then next thing you know my brand new laptop spits out the disk with no error message whatsoever. I look at the disc and see a discoloration on at least a third, and know right away, I got beat. This comes from repeated experience with the task of burning. I immediately toss the disk, because I know from experience there is no hope for it. There is five stages, that which I do not know by memory. But one says burning, and that is wherein somewhere the disc fails, one after another.
17.12.09 13:16:07
To: hicksbryan9

Could you please specify the model of your burner and the type of your blank disc? Is it DVD-R or DVD+R? dual layer or standard 4.7Gb disc?
18.12.09 18:58:37
The burner is Dvd +rw I beleive. Blank disc is 8X dual layer 8.5 gB memorex. I don't know how to find model of burner right off, but I know I own a brand new Dell inspiron 15" laptop available at any wal mart.
21.12.09 03:42:32

You can find the model of your burner in Device Manager (right click on My Computer shortcut, Manage in context menu, Device Manager ).

Also, as far as I understand, previously you could burn memorex dual layer discs on your Dell laptop using AVS DVD Copy without such problems. Am I right?

By the way, have you tried discs of other brands? For example, Verbatim?
24.12.09 07:21:26
I am having problems again. I just bought a 50 pack of dual layer discs, and tried burning. It is a different brand. So far I have not burned one successfull movie. I have ruined three blanks. I think I am about ready to quit this hobby. This is my last try before I quit. To answer your question. The burner is optiarc DVD + - RW AD-7580s . When I shop for discs, I get puzzled as to the writings on the disc. +r , -r, rw. dl, 4x, 2.7X. Also when the product is advertised, I don't know if the disc is designed for movies or photo graphs. The current brand I am using is not working at all, and yes, I am currently trying a new brand. It is Phillips dvd +r, 8.5 gb, dual layer, 8x speed. I buy the dual layer discs thinking my quality would never be cut down if I have a movie larger than 4.7g. The quality I hear degenerates as you compress on a standard disc.
Can you suggest a brand and type of disc for me to use, and a site online to buy it in the united states? I think it is very possible it is the speed of the disc that is causing the problem. Yes, VLAD, I previously could burn memorex dual layer discs on my dell laptop with AVS dvd copy, but with occasional blank disc chew ups. I just wasted 41 dollars on 50 blanks I think the majority of them will be ruined. I thought about purchasing the slower discs but It slipped my mind. One last thing. I noticed, the whole thing quits in the burning stage, as mentioned. The drive has light on like its in use, but no activity commenses, and no error screen. The latest movie I tried to decrypt and burn, Is my own movie. The size of the movie is only 4.5 gb. Maybe perhaps since half the disc dual layer disc will be empty upon burning, makes this problem happen? What do you think? Or Maybe this is copyright protection preventing and blocking me??? I am copying my own stuff, and yeah I think it is legal to do it for this reason. I want a backup, incase the original gets stolen.
24.12.09 07:23:31
Is there a way in the settings to manually slow the speed of the burn down????????
Administrator
25.12.09 03:13:51
hicksbryan9:
I am having problems again. I just bought a 50 pack of dual layer discs, and tried burning. It is a different brand. So far I have not burned one successfull movie. I have ruined three blanks.
According to what you write, I can assume that there might be hardware problems, your burner might function incorrectly. The fact that you have problems burning discs no matter which software and which discs you use proves this. I'd recommend checking the burner. Cleaning its head might be useful.

Also you could send us .log files which contain the detailed information about the burning process. Possibly they would help us to find out what is causing the problem.

You can find the required files in the following directory on your PC:
for Vista - C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDVDCopy\logs
for XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSDVDCopy\logs

Please zip the files this folder contains and attach here.

Kind regards and merry Christmas!
25.12.09 07:15:16
I tried doing what you said, and could not find "users", Could you please send detailed directions? Now the ratio is 4 destroyed blanks per 1 good copy.
25.12.09 07:25:46
I don't know which windows system I am using, but I tried both approaches you mentioned and got lost. I could not find what you are talking about anywhere. Please give detailed directions.
Administrator
26.12.09 05:06:03

To find out which OS you are using you can follow to Control Panel (Start > Settings > Control Panel for XP or Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System for Vista). Here double-click on System and you will find the OS version in General information.

Instead of [User] there should be the name of the PC user currently logged in on your machine.

Regards
28.12.09 12:06:57
Check this out, staff: I out of curiosity tried new software. It is called clonedvd4.0. I am on a free trial for 14 days, after which I pay up 70.00 to become a member. Anyway, I burned movies and each copy was a success, with no spit outs, or destruction of blanks. I have burned at least 3 so far. So this tells me, it is not the brand of the disc, or a defective disc, nor a dirty lens on the burner. This also states something is wrong with the way I am going about burning with your software. I am using dvd decryptor, prior to burning. It looks as if I will have to possibly use different software to continue this. What do you suggest, so I can possibly continue using avs dvd copy? Is it too late to give me a partiall refund on the AVS software? Maybe the avs software needs an update???
I am weary for it seems software always works at first, during trials, then once you buy it, gliches occur. I suspect the clonedvd software will botch up down the road.
Administrator
29.12.09 03:55:25

We'd be glad to clear up this problem and fix, but we really need the .log files. They would help us understand what is causing the glitch. If you could try and find these files, that would help us a lot.

Kind regards
30.12.09 05:47:00
I tried before to retrieve what you are talking about and got lost. I will try again today after work. I hate to spend more money on new software.
Administrator
06.01.10 04:07:47

We are looking forward to hearing from you. If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to write back.
08.01.10 08:58:53
I am computer illiterate. When you ask me to retrieve log files, this is a big challenge for me. I have went into a depression over this issue. I have spent hundreds of dollars on software, and discs, and this computer is still not burning discs right. I bought clonedvd.nets software just recently thinking it would work, since the trial version worked fine. Now, after buying it, it destroys the blanks and makes them unplayable. Always the software works good before you buy it. I will try now to retrieve log files and post them. I have bought a 50 pack of blank discs, and am well on my way to ruining every single one of them.
08.01.10 09:06:44
I found out I am using windows vista. I go to users from the icon that says "C" and it takes me nowhere but hicksbryan9 folder, and public folder. I tried to follow the path you mentioned and got absolutely nowhere fast. Am I doing it wrong? Please help.
08.01.10 09:11:13
My computer technician recommends I wipe the entire hard drive clean and reload AVS and burn software. I am hesitant for some reason.
Administrator
09.01.10 04:45:24
hicksbryan9:
I found out I am using windows vista. I go to users from the icon that says "C" and it takes me nowhere but hicksbryan9 folder, and public folder. I tried to follow the path you mentioned and got absolutely nowhere fast.
You need to find AppData folder. It must be hidden on your PC. In order to make the hidden folders shown, please click Organize > Folder and Search Options, switch to View bookmark > Hidden Files and Folders. Please enable the option "Show hidden files and folders".

hicksbryan9:
My computer technician recommends I wipe the entire hard drive clean and reload AVS and burn software. I am hesitant for some reason.
I would rather assume that there are some problems with your burner, as you fail to burn discs no matter which software is used.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  641