AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.02.09 15:16:24
I recorded an interview I did on a Sony digital recorder and loaded into onto my PC as an MP3. I want to put the interview up on my website, so I purchased the AVS editor. I can't seem to cut off the first 32.250 seconds of the MP3 - the lead in garbage. My question is how do you do it? I keep trying to key in the start position and the end position, but when I save it, it saves the whole tape. Also, I have tried to filter the electric noise off the MP3 using the notch filter. The MP3 is 1.59MB in size when I start working with the AVS filter, when I get finished it is much larger. Do I need to run the MP3 thru a compressor? and if so how do I do it.

Thanks for your assistance,

KJS
Administrator
20.02.09 07:08:54
kjsween:
I can't seem to cut off the first 32.250 seconds of the MP3
You need to set the cursor at the beginning of the area to be deleted, then keep pushing left mouse button and drag the cursor to the end of the area. This way trim section will be highlighted. Right-click it and choose Delete Selection option (see the screenshot). The part of the file you highlighted will be deleted.

kjsween:
The MP3 is 1.59MB in size when I start working with the AVS filter, when I get finished it is much larger.
After adding effects to audio, output file size will be larger anyway. You can save your file with lower sample rate and bitrate settings, however, output sound quality will be deteriorated in this case. Note that adding effects means sound improvement, so this involves file size increase.

Best regards
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  195