AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.02.22 16:40:19
Hello! I have been using your products since 2008. Haven't had any issues until now...
About a week or so ago I needed to convert a couple of files to .flac, so I opened audio converter, chose flac as the type of file to convert to, and converted the files. A few days later I needed to convert some .flac files to .mp3, so I opened audio converter but all the different file type buttons are no longer there. It doesn't matter what type of file I open, it will only convert to .flac.
I have re-installed audio converter twice... first with the last copy I had saved and when that didn't work, I installed the newest version from avs4you. That didn't work either. So next I uninstalled the program and re-installed it again. Still no luck! Any suggestions?
I had converted .wav files to .flac before but I believe this was the first time I was converting .mp3 and .mp4 audio to .flac!
Developer
21.02.22 08:14:46
To: alekatsea

It looks like you just accidentally hid (minimized) the Ribbon Command Bar in AVS Audio Converter. Just double-click on any menu tab to bring back the Ribbon Command Bar.
17.03.22 10:50:59
To: RomaRio

I tried your suggestion but the ribbons are there... When I double click, the ribbon disappears and then reappears, however, the ribbon for the concert menu only shows the add file button (large green plus sign); grab from cd (disk sign),; import from video (blue film frames) and remove (the large red x) buttons. The area where the mp3, wav, m4a, fleck, wma, each, ogg, mp2, amr buttons is completely black... The buttons are not there anymore... not greyed out buttons but no buttons.
Developer
17.03.22 16:15:02

Please show the screenshot...
20.03.22 17:20:36

G'day!
I am attaching a .jpg file showing the ribbon and the missing buttons.As you can see, the ribbon is there but the buttons are not.When I double click, the ribbon disappears, double click once again, it reappears.
The ribbons from the other menus are unaffected.
As previously mentioned, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program a few times, before deciding to try for help in the forum, hoping it would solve the issue, but that didn't work.
Developer
21.03.22 16:09:55

Please close AVSAudioConverter, run Registry Editor (regedit) and delete key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVS4YOU\AudioConverter6\Layout
and run AVSAudioConverter again - voila! :-)
22.03.22 14:29:52

Yes, that seemed to do the trick. The buttons are back and the program seems to be working fine.
Thanks!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  346