AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.07.17 23:21:03
This may sound silly, but I can't figure it out, and it's good not bad or anything. I have a CPU meter on my Desktop, so I know what resources are being used. I usually convert different video formats, mostly mp4 or AVI, to DVD structure so I can burn them to DVD-R. Without changing any settings in Video Converter, believe me I know what I'm doing, the program started using much less CPU during conversion. AVI video files used take a lot less CPU than MP4 or other formats, but now all video formats are using much much less CPU with the time to convert about the same as before. How is this possible, what could have happened to have Video Converter to start using less CPU? This may be a strange question, but the whole thing baffles me. thanks...
19.07.17 14:14:04
To double check Are you currently using windows 10 (creator version)? and may I ask if you are using the latest version of AVS video converter?

The thing is that I try to use windows task manager to convert a file to MP4 and it looks like that my usage saids %100 but when I double check it manually I see only 0.3% of usage on the program earlier, I am not quite sure if it is part of multi-threading or not.

Let me now if you have any other questions.

Kindly regards.
Attached files:
21.07.17 16:22:59
avslava:
To double check Are you currently using windows 10 (creator version)? and may I ask if you are using the latest version of AVS video converter?

The thing is that I try to use windows task manager to convert a file to MP4 and it looks like that my usage saids %100 but when I double check it manually I see only 0.3% of usage on the program earlier, I am not quite sure if it is part of multi-threading or not.

Let me now if you have any other questions.

Kindly regards.

No, I use Win 7, and always have the most current versions of the software. I can't explain why it seems to use a lot less CPU all at once, but it does. I thought somebody could help me understand reasons for that.
Nat
24.07.17 11:34:42
To: Indyrod

Dear user,

Please try to provide some additional information about the issue:
- specify the format of the file you use and its origin, size,
- describe your actions step by step,
- specify if you have any other programs running on your PC,
- send us the screenshot of CPU usage.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
29.07.17 04:15:52
Nat:

Dear user,

Please try to provide some additional information about the issue:
- specify the format of the file you use and its origin, size,
- describe your actions step by step,
- specify if you have any other programs running on your PC,
- send us the screenshot of CPU usage.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards

You don't need that, the source is usually always MP4 to DVD structure. It is happening now on ALL MP4's I am converting to DVD. The CPU usage used to be about 60-75 or higher at times percent on any MP4 to DVD conversion, now for whatever reason it has dropped down to around 15-25 percent average. this is a significant reduction without Me doing anything. The size of the MP4 makes no difference, it still is taking much less CPU to convert to DVD. The only thing I can figure out, is some Win 7 update from Microsoft made a change that affected this process, because I have done nothing else. I am happy about it, it's a good thing, it's just a mystery why it happened. I will document my steps.

1. Open Video Converter
2. Add the MP4 file with DVD output
3. The Video Converter output setting is NTSC Good Quality 720 x 480 the input MP4 usually is PAL.
4. The Advanced setting is 16:9 output
5 Create the chapters and Menu options
6. Start the conversions at the normal setting.
7. No other programs are running
Nat
03.08.17 12:28:45

Dear user,

Please try to reinstall the software using AVS4YOU Unistall utility.

New versions of the software have just been released.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  438