AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
10.12.08 11:29:53
I am trying to convert a movie of an usual DVD ( with .IFO files and .VOB files ) into the smaller file I get, using the AVS video converter 6.2, so that the file converted can be watched in usual computers players too, like Windows media player. Can someone tell a tip: what format must I chose, from all those formats which we find in the AVS video converter 6.2?
No problem if the converted file gets a little worse quality. My purpose is get a file smaller than 100 MB, from a 2 hours and 20 minutes long movie, from an usual dvd. Is that possible?
Dam
Administrator
11.12.08 05:05:18
To: codonauta

Hello,

codonauta:
My purpose is get a file smaller than 100 MB, from a 2 hours and 20 minutes long movie, from an usual dvd. Is that possible?

Yes, that is possible. But for that you'd better use AVS Video to Go:
- Launch AVS Video to Go
- Choose an input file >> Next
- Then All Devices >> Personal Computer
- In the With Capacity field set 100MB (or other needed size)>> Next
- Set parameters and press Start button.

Note:
The quality will be very low.
In fact you can tell me what for you need that size and may be we will find an optimal conversion parameters.

Best Regards.
12.12.08 14:24:08
To: Dam

Dam
Really, with the AVS Video to Go I got to do the conversion into a small movie file. The program didn't accept conversion into a 100 MB: a warning said that the video would get a very poor quality, and I had to change to a bigger size. In fact, it was not a good idea trying the conversion to 100 MB size because the subtitles get unreadable ( and I need subtitles in the movies ).
In my experiences in these days , the subtitles start being readable from about 500 MB.
My purpose is to load the converted file in a storage site, which permit at maximum 100 MB files size each time. But it is impossible to get movies with readable subtitles with 100 MB. Anyway, I was thinking I can split the .avi movie into several shorter pieces. Splitting a 500 MB into 5 files of 100 MB each and then it is possible to load to the site.
Regardless all these stuff,using the AVS video to go it was a very useful tip, because I was trying to do the conversion with the AVS video converter 6.2, and it seems that this process with AVS video converter is very slow: for a 2h:30' long movie from an usual DVD, it lasted about 4-5 hours to complete the conversion into the avi file, even choosing a low quality in the converted file. With the AVS video to go, it lasted 1h and 15-30 minutes. And my computer is very good: 2 gigabytes RAM, Pentium 4, with 3,4 gigahertz. The problem was not a bad computer doing the conversion.
Well, if you would have a comment or tip about all these stuff I wrote here, I would appreciate it.
Regards
Dam
Administrator
15.12.08 04:47:28
To: codonauta

Hi,

So, I can propose you two possible solutions:

1. You can try to use AVS Video to Go to make file smaller and then use AVS Video Converter to split file into separate files, 100 mb each. For that please use Split function and split it by Limit File Size (set 100mb)

2. You can try to use only AVS Video Converter. Just apply split it by Limit File Size and set the necessary preset. Not HD of course ;-)

You can also see posts about video resizing on the forum in the F.A.Q.

Best Regards
18.12.08 11:57:29
To: Dam

Yes, these procedures resolve all my problems. Thank you very much for the support.
18.12.08 11:58:29
I am wondering if there is a way to rip a dvd to avi and keep the output size to 700 MB. I am using the "To AVI" module to do this and compression is XviD 2 Pass.

Thanks in advance.
Dam
Administrator
13.01.09 04:07:20
To: rickyricardo001

Yes, that is possible to keep the desired filesize at 2 Pass compression.

To be short, I d recommend you to follow this link to AVS User Guides for the detailed information (Step 6).
13.01.09 04:08:20
I just purchase avs converter after checking all the others on the net. so I downloaded slumdog millionaire and it was mpeg-4 (770mb) and trying to convert to a dvd. but when I did it the file will be 8.3gb for the conversion and wanted to know if it would do 2 split discs or 1 double layer disc. once the conversion is completed to a file can i DVD shrink it to a single disc. This would make it easier for me. or is their something I have to download to reduce this file. Thanks
Dam
Administrator
14.01.09 05:48:37
To: chewbkka

Hi,

There are two possible solutions:

1. You can use AVS Video Converter to reconvert your video once again, but choosing another preset (Long Play e.g.)
2. You can use AVS DVD Copy to resize the video. Instructions in the posts above.

Best Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  218