AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.04.17 15:58:07
To: Nat

Nat you just contradicted yourself with that reply.

Take my situation, upgraded my motherboard which essentially made it a new computer and had to reformat the SSD and my license has never worked since.

A change of motherboard and a reformat is pretty much a new PC so your licenses do not support PC upgrades.
Nat
02.05.17 08:19:48
To: Wyrmlimion

Dear user,

You have been assisted in AVS4YOU support system.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
29.08.17 15:16:48
To: pejsar
I also bought the software in 2008 and no where did I see that it was not REALLY unlimited. I just found that out today when I tried to put it on a new computer, and received an email telling me I had to buy my "unlimited" software a SECOND time. How hard would it be to put the disclaimer *for the life of your computer*? This is major false advertising and I am seriously considering turning them in to the BBB. I even had my daughter buy the software. That won't happen again. I will not send people to a company that is deceitful. All other unlimited software that I have, are able to track to make sure it is not on more than one machine. I guess I will have to shop for a new option. Not paying for "unlimited software" A second time to the same company. Disappointed because I really liked it. You also can tell by their responses that nothing has changed and they don't care. Same canned answer to everyone.
Nat
31.08.17 12:33:18
To: Tammi

Dear user,

Kind regards
11.02.18 17:37:12
I purchased the unlimited AVS4you software somewhere between 7 and 11 YEARS ago. It was great, so I purchased the unlimited license thinking I would never need or want another media editing product. I know I replaced or reformatted my machine several times until 2013 when I first encountered the licensing message. I contacted support and they resolved the issue. I thought maybe it was a glitch or something.

Now in 2017, I contact support and they offer me a discount to buy it again! I scrolled through the end user licensing agreement and discover the 'per computer' basis portion. I don't think that was there 10 years ago when I made my purchase but I have no way to prove it. I work in the tech industry and I have NEVER encountered such a disappointment. I have gone from recommending it to everyone I know to looking online to see where I can leave reviews warning people of this deception. This is beyond poor customer service; this is border line theft.

I am now shopping for another product to convert videos and audio. Any suggestions? Preferably a product that when I purchase an unlimited license it is actually unlimited?
Nat
15.02.18 11:54:03
To: jmhenry1064@gmail.com

Dear user,

We are sorry for any inconvenices caused.

Kind regards
05.11.18 21:48:28
I purchased the unlimited AVS4you software in 2007. It was great, so I purchased the unlimited license thinking I would never need or want another media editing product. I know I replaced or reformatted my machine several times until 2013 when I first encountered the licensing message. I contacted support and they resolved the issue. I have purchased 3 licenses for 3 devices.

Now in 2017, I contact support and they do not even respond! I scrolled through the end user licensing agreement and discover the 'per computer' basis portion. I know was not there 10 years ago when I made my purchase but I have no way to prove it. I have gone from recommending it to everyone I know to looking online to see where I can leave reviews warning people of this deception. This is beyond poor customer service; this is border line theft.

I am now shopping for another product to convert videos and audio. Preferably a product that when I purchase an unlimited license it is actually unlimited?
If not resolved or at least contacted I intent to post on Facebook and everywhere else not to buy this product.
Developer
06.11.18 09:34:01
blackmarketfireworks@hotmail.com:
I scrolled through the end user licensing agreement and discover the 'per computer' basis portion. I know was not there 10 years ago when I made my purchase but I have no way to prove it.

Our licensing policy has not changed since the end of 2006. You can check AVSVideoConverter v.5.5.1.652 from December 2006/January 2007 - the End-User License Agreement (EULA) has phrases: "AVS4YOU software is licensed on a per computer basis. Each license purchased allows using AVS4YOU software on a single computer."
Nat
06.11.18 09:57:46
To: blackmarketfireworks@hotmail.com

Dear user,

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Kind regards
29.12.21 14:33:35
I purchased Unlimited Subscription
Order no. 103618783
Total price: $46.02
My PC damaged I want activate licence in my new PC
It is not accepting. Help to activate in my new PC
Attached files:
30.12.21 09:24:40
To: nvkprasad@msn.com

Dear user,

You have been assisted via AVS4YOU Support System. Please log in using your registration email to view the manager's response.

Best regards,
AVS4YOU Support team
05.01.23 14:55:16
To: DWade

Damn! Can't believe all the post I'm reading in this forum with the EXACT issue I'm experiencing. I will find any and all review sites on the web for AVS4YOU to inform people that AVS4YOU is really MONEY4THEM. The software is good, however the EULA, and support, a joke. I will never give them another dime!
09.01.23 10:42:10
To: csalemi@hotmail.com

Dear user,

You have been assisted via AVS4YOU Support System. Please log in using your registration email to view the manager's response.

Best regards,
AVS4YOU Support team
11.03.24 16:33:41
To: csalemi@hotmail.com

100% agree with you. This company has found a loop-hole to force you to buy more knowing people don't own PC's from back in 2008. The agreement is very deceiving and not accurate. If they had said clearly "For the life of your PC", then it would make complete sense, no questions asked, however, it simply states;

"AVS4YOU software is licensed on a per computer basis. Each license purchased allows using AVS4YOU software on a single computer. If you install and use AVS4YOU software on any other computers you will have to purchase an additional license for each computer."

So in reading that, in my mind, if I remove if from my old PC, meaning it's no longer on any PC I own, and I install it on another one, then technically I am still using it on 1 PC, which is mine, yet I can't. I can understand if I used multiple copies on those PC's, that would make sense. I have raised this concern with the BBB and posted my 2-cents in other forums to make users aware they are bound by the companies bad choice of wording only to make users pay more.

I have been a customer since 2008, and they could care less about their long standing customers. To be honest, this day in age, there are a lot better FREE products out there. No sense wasting any money on this software.
14.03.24 13:00:02
To: Schafty

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback! We will forward it to the Sales Department.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  63