AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
22.10.14 02:33:01
I want to convert my Stargate SG1 DVD's to digital, I usually just rip music, so I’m not that familiar with all the advanced settings for doing video. I ripped one track as test, it was wide screen, but I had black picture frame all the way around it during playback. I had left all the settings at default, and didn't even open up the "advanced area", I then went into advanced and changed the Frame to 1280 x 720, this did give me a file that plays in full screen. But I was surprised to see that the file size actually became smaller. Usually the higher the quality, they large the file.

I'm not concerned with the large file size as I have plenty of room on my HDD's. I want to create files with AVS settings that will give me the best quality playback on my Samsung 55" Smart TV. The quality of the first few seasons of the DVD playback is not that great, I think when the show started it was shot in WS, but not in HD.

1.There are 4 - 5 chapters on each disc, so I set it split using Chapters, but that did not work, so I changed it to Batch Mode, and that gave me file for each episode/track.
2. I decided to use MP4 as file format.
3. I set the Frame Rate to a max (30fps), and the frame size to 1280 x 720

There are a lot of different choices on settings and advanced, just want to know what everything should be set at to provide the best quality?
Attached files:
25.10.14 14:28:26
You might want to take a look below and hopefully, that will help.

http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter6/Features/Converting/Discs/DVDs/ConvertingDVDs.aspx
Nat
31.10.14 13:21:18
To: w4cgunner@yahoo.com

Dear user,

To get the output file of high quality please select the input file parameters like frame rate, frame size and bitrate for the output by clicking on the Advanced button after selecting the format. To check the input file parameters right click on the video in media library - choose Properties.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  268