AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Support Manager
20.07.12 11:11:28
To: bodsanon

Hi,

We are always ready to help you. If any other questions appear, please feel free to contact us at once.
13.11.09 15:51:16
After watching the unactivated trial preview I was pleased with the picture and sound as it was imported from my VCR. So I purchased the Unlimited edition. So far a big mistake. I cannot "Capture" from my VCR. My capture device is a Pinnacle 710-USB. Any suggestions? I sent e-mail to Support without a response.
Dudley
13.11.09 16:00:35
I forgot to mention in my previous message that I have Windows 7.

Dudley
Administrator
16.11.09 23:55:48
To: dfournier948@md.northwestern.edu

Are you using the latest version of AVS Video Recorder to capture your videos?

In order to solve the problem please use the following recommendations:
- сhoose other video format;
- choose other audio device;
- close all other capture applications (incl. the native ones);
- disable all other USB and PCI devices;
- disconnect and connect your device anew;
- restart your PC;
- update drivers for your device or reinstall them, make sure they support Windows 7.

If this does not resolve your issue, please attach a screenshot of the error you get and specify the exact moment it pops up.

Best regards
19.11.09 01:38:39
Hi,
I have all most a similar problem. Contacted the support and have not received any response.

I tried the Avs Video Recorder but after recording and playing back the file there is no sound. How to solve this?

When I use the old program Video Tools - capture wizard, that works but even de MPG2 files do have a very bad quality.

So I really need a solution to capture from my DVD player in a very good quality inclusive the sound.

On Avs Video Recorder - Devic settings are as follows :
Video Input : composite
Video standard : NTSC_M
Audio device : 713XBDA analog capture
Audio device input : this one is greyed out.

thanks for your help

Kind regards
Administrator
19.11.09 03:19:30
To: martinexena

Please use the recommendations given in the above post #8121.

If this does not help, specify the exact model of your capture device, the OS installed on your PC, the format you choose in the program. Describe your actions in more detail.

Regards
22.11.09 04:56:30
To: nadin

Nadin,
I have XP home - 4GB memory - Service pack 3 - intel pentium D 3.0Ghrz
The dvd player is from the brand Thomson.
As mentioned I connect the dvd player through the analog cables which are the red, white and yellow ones and the black s-video.
In my previous message I already gave you the video and audio settings.
As you can see from that one of the audio settings is greyed out.
Therefore I cannot capture any sound with the video clip.

As mentioned also, if I use the old program AVS Video tools - capture wizard then I do have sound and video. But the video quality is bad although I took mpg2.

Als the old progran works, your new one should do the same but it doesn't.

I downkloaded the Video Editor version 2.4.0.21 from the AVS4You Software navigator.
Sofar no sound at all.

In the meantime the support aswered with the info to download the Video Recorder through their link. But on my question if that is the same version or not? And if in case of a newer version I can install it onto the existing one or if I need to uninstall the previous version of Video Recorder, again there is no answer.

I used to have a faster reply in the past but lately it doesn't go that way anymore.

Kind regards
MX
Administrator
23.11.09 02:42:30
martinexena:
As mentioned I connect the dvd player through the analog cables which are the red, white and yellow ones and the black s-video.
DVD player is not a capture device. Capture device is a device built into your PC, the one you connect your player to. Please could you specify its exact model. This information would be really helpful to us.

martinexena:
I downkloaded the Video Editor version 2.4.0.21 from the AVS4You Software navigator.
Yes, this is the latest version, so you don't have to update the program.

Also please specify if there are any other options under Audio device : 713XBDA, if you can choose something different here.

Thank you in advance
23.11.09 04:09:25
nadin:
martinexena:
As mentioned I connect the dvd player through the analog cables which are the red, white and yellow ones and the black s-video. DVD player is not a capture device. Capture device is a device built into your PC, the one you connect your player to. Please could you specify its exact model. This information would be really helpful to us.

Hi Nadin, sorry for the misunderstanding. Capture device I could find through the configuration panel are as follows :
1) Realtek = this is the standard.
2) 713XBDA

martinexena:
Yes, this is the latest version, so you don't have to update the program.
Also please specify if there are any other options under Audio device : 713XBDA, if you can choose something different here.
Thank you in advance

Under Audio Device I only have 1 option and that is 713XBDA. There is no other possibility.
Administrator
24.11.09 06:25:47

Please could you provide us with .log files which contain the detailed information about the capturing process.

To find them folliow (for Windows) C:\Users\[Current Windows User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\LogFiles\
(for XP) C:\Documents and Settings\[Current Windows User]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\LogFiles\

Please zip files this folder contains and attach them here.

Thank you
24.11.09 10:16:21
Nadin,
I cannot reply on any topic so the only thing left for me to do is to make a new topic.

Here the reply I also send you through the support ticket.

Nadin,
As I cannot reply on the forum. In fact I cannot reply on any topic.

You asked me to send you the log files which should be found under :
c:\users\current window users\appdata\roaming\avs4you\avsvideorecorder\logfiles\
Now :
1) I do not find it using the info you gave me
2) I searched for logfiles but the only one I find are Logfiles on Windows Sys 32
3) I searched for Roaming but that is not found neither
4) I only found under Program Files/AVS4YOU a file called AVSVideorRecorder_Log.bat
I send a screenshot in the attachment
5) I even searched on AVS4YOU but could not find any file that contains logfiles.
6) I searched in all maps of Application Data but no log files to find.

Do you have maybe a tool that can collect the necessary info from my computer?

Kind regards
Martine
Attached files:
Administrator
24.11.09 22:34:27

We have corrected the problem with posts you have reported.

martinexena:
I only found under Program Files/AVS4YOU a file called AVSVideorRecorder_Log.bat
I send a screenshot in the attachment
Yes, then please double-click this file to start AVS Video Recorder. Then try to capture your videos. As soon as the problem is reproduced and you close the program a window with .log files will be opened automatically. Please zip them and attach here.

Looking forward to hearing from you
25.11.09 01:05:17

Thanks for the info.

Double clicking on the AVSVideoRecorder_log.bat will open the AVS Video Recorder program? (normally the program that runs it is a .exe file)

How come there are no logfiles after my first attempt?

I will give it a try this evening when I`m at home.

Kind regards
Martine
Administrator
25.11.09 01:35:25
martinexena:
Double clicking on the AVSVideoRecorder_log.bat will open the AVS Video Recorder program? (normally the program that runs it is a .exe file)
Yes, this will launch the program with the log creation function enabled.

martinexena:
How come there are no logfiles after my first attempt?
This was my mistake, sorry.

Hope to hear from you soon
25.11.09 10:28:19

Hi Nadin,

Attached the zip-file with the logfiles. I just did a very small capture of about max 2 minutes. You find that capture aswell so you have the test capture and the logfiles all together.

Important to note is that when I use the old AVS Video Tool - Wizard capture I can capture without any problem. I even can choose which capture device I want as all available devices are shown in the drop down. This goes for the audio and for the video settings. As this is an old program of yours, this new one AVS Video Recorder should normally be able to do the same.

Looking forward to the solution.

Kind regards
Martine
Attached files:
196.14 KB
25.11.09 10:50:24

Nadin,

You have an additional problem to solve.

Now that I have used the .bat file to get the logfiles to you, I no longer can use the old program AVSmedia Video Tools - Capture wizard. After I have launched the program I suddenly get a pop window telling me the program will shut down because of a problem. It is impossible to run the program. And this occured after the logfiles of the AVS Video Recorder have been created.

So something must have corrupted my other program. So you need to fix that aswell now, cause now I'm stuck all over.

Now you have to solve that urgently too as I have nothing left now to capture anything.

Sorry to say, that I'm very unhappy now.

Attached the screenshots

Kind regards
Martine
Administrator
26.11.09 03:05:38
martinexena:
Important to note is that when I use the old AVS Video Tool - Wizard capture I can capture without any problem. I even can choose which capture device I want as all available devices are shown in the drop down. This goes for the audio and for the video settings. As this is an old program of yours, this new one AVS Video Recorder should normally be able to do the same.
AVS Capture Wizard and AVS Video Recorder have different principles of operation, so it is normal that they work differently.

martinexena:
Now that I have used the .bat file to get the logfiles to you, I no longer can use the old program AVSmedia Video Tools - Capture wizard. After I have launched the program I suddenly get a pop window telling me the program will shut down because of a problem. It is impossible to run the program. And this occured after the logfiles of the AVS Video Recorder have been created.
Launching AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat in NO way affects functionality of AVS Capture Wizard, as these programs are not connected between each other, as already mentioned.

Try reinstalling the programs. If this does not help, try updating drivers for your device.

As for the original problem (getting no sound in the recorded files), please follow the instruction we have sent to you privatly on the support page.

Best regards
26.11.09 09:19:25
nadin:
martinexena:
Launching AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat in NO way affects functionality of AVS Capture Wizard, as these programs are not connected between each other, as already mentioned.

Try reinstalling the programs. If this does not help, try updating drivers for your device.

As for the original problem (getting no sound in the recorded files), please follow the instruction we have sent to you privatly on the support page.

Best regards

Nadin,
How come then that it worked perfectly before I run de .bat file and stops working after it?

I will further reply through the private support
Administrator
27.11.09 05:25:53
martinexena:
How come then that it worked perfectly before I run de .bat file and stops working after it?
Somehow the program might have got corrupted, but this was not caused by the .bat file.

Hope to hear from you soon
04.05.09 06:03:14
I just joined this morning and I am very fustrated! The system will not allow me to do anything. What is going on? I am trying to copy from my camera to a DVD. What am I to do? This was suppose to be easier than my old way!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  32