AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.12.10 05:35:37
While downloading the new version (5.2) of Video Editor this morning I noticed that the new version includes increased functionality for "producing" videos (i. e., creating menus, etc. when burning to media) and that the AVS4YOU DVDAuthoring program is no longer offered for download at all. Does this mean that the newest and future versions of Video Editor intend to incoporate all the functionality of DVD Authoring into Video Editor and that DVD Authoring has been or is being phased out of the AVS video software suite? (My last downloaded version of DVD Authoring was 1.3.4.56).)

In case it matters in relation to my question, I run the AVS software on Win 7/64, 6Gb RAM, 2 all-media-capable DVD RW drives.

Thanks in advance for your prompt attention to this inquiry.
19.12.10 03:26:02
To: stanwhjr

Hello,

Yes, you are quite right. We have stopped developing AVS DVD Authoring and added more functions for DVD-menu creation (which dvd authoring had) to AVS Video Editor. So, we recommend to using AVS Video Editor now to create DVD with menu's. The program is compatible with your system - Win 7/64, 6Gb RAM, 2 all-media-capable DVD RW drives.

Regards.
11.02.11 17:28:21
To: Vlad

I am really unhappy to hear that the AVS DVD Authoring is now defunct. That video editor is not easy to use, it doesn't have the options that I enjoyed most from Authoring which is a more easier format to control the background, text size and style. It wasn't as hard to use as the Video Editor. It feels like it is alot less user friendly program.
11.02.11 18:11:20
Another thing is all the videos that suppose to show you how to do something is all out-dated. I don't find tabs that they show in the videos that is suppose to be there. >:(
11.02.11 19:21:27
http://dvd-authoring-software-review.toptenreviews.com/avs-dvd-authoring-review.html

It is ranked #3 out of 10!

Standout Features

•Very Easy to use Interface
•Includes DVD Authorizing Wizard
•Great DVD Quality
^ That is what the Video Editor is lacking!
14.02.11 06:24:21
To: Jeff Hahn

We are sorry to hear such negative feedback. However, a lot of users whished the ability to edit videos in AVS DVD Authoring, which is not possible as the program was developed specially to create DVD menu's and also asked extended DVD menu creation capabilites in AVS Video Editor. That is why we decided to add more features to AVS Video Editor.

As for video guides (I suppose you mean them), could you please specify which of them are not up-to-date?

Regards.
04.03.11 14:52:42
Hi guys.
This is bad news imo.

I was just checking out the DVDAuthoring program, and its DVD menu creation features + interface are WAY ahead of what the VideoEditor currently app offers.

Maybe I have it wrong but how can the videoeditor for instance add multiple titles with several chapter menus per title? Not to mention the awkward way of having only 1 media file per workarea in the VideoEditor.

Please consider at least incorporating the complete DVDAuthoring menu creation interface inside the VideoEditor application. As it stands now the VideoEditor's menu creator is not very useful.

thx
06.03.11 06:45:39
Vlad:
To: Jeff Hahn

We are sorry to hear such negative feedback. However, a lot of users asked whished the ability to edit videos in AVS DVD Authoring, which is not possible as the program was developed specially to create DVD menu's and also asked extended DVD menu creation capabilites in AVS Video Editor. That is why we decided to add more features to AVS Video Editor.

As for video guides (I suppose you mean them), could you please specify which of them are not up-to-date?

Regards.

I was very surprise to read the "AVS DVD Authoring" is no longer available. It is a very beautiful program to create menu for DVD Video. There are many feature that are not present in AVS Video editor program. It is very useful (very important by my side) the feature to create more than one title, customize the wallpapers, text, chapters and so on.
I suppose it is not a good idea to stop the support "AVS DVD Authoring" and I am completely agree what @Jeff Hahn saying.
Is the product shows in this link http://dvd-authoring-software-review.toptenreviews.com/avs-dvd-authoring-review.html
a "Online Media Technologies Ltd" product or not?

Thanks and best regards

Giampaolo

P.S.: Please raise up the AVS DVD AUTHORING....... I will be available to pay extra licence to usable the program.
07.03.11 01:17:43
kana48:

I suppose it is not a good idea to stop the support "AVS DVD Authoring" and I am completely agree what @Jeff Hahn saying.
Is the product shows in this link http://dvd-authoring-software-review.toptenreviews.com/avs-dvd-authoring-review.html

The webpage you are refering to does not exist.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by removing AVS DVD Authoring. However, I should say that AVS Video Editor is much better, as it also allows to edit your DVD, cut scences, adjust audio settings, add soundtrack, etc.
07.03.11 13:36:24

Hi Vlad.
Firstly, here is the corrected link the other poster gave:
http://dvd-authoring-software-review.toptenreviews.com/avs-dvd-authoring-review.html

Secondly, I don't understand how you can say avsvideoeditor "is much better". It is a completely different application with a different focus. It has very weak features for authoring dvd's. The menu creation capabilities are almost laughable compared to what can be done with avsdvdauthoring.

What about multi level menu's. What about menu-page layouts? What about multiple titles with multiple chapter menu's?

I'm sorry to say it makes absolutely no sense to kill off avsdvdauthoring. Maybe it didn't get sold enough for your company to make money with it. If that is the case I can understand why you dropped it. In that case it would still be nice to offer avsdvdauthoring as a free download without support to draw in customers for other avs titles.

But anyway, please let the avs staff know they should consider incorporating the menu-creation features it has into avsvideoeditor.
If avsvideoeditor gets anywhere close to avsdvdauthoring I will consider buying it.
Goodluck.
09.03.11 15:37:49
Vlad:
kana48:

The webpage you are refering to does not exist.

Sorry
The link is same present in the @Jeff Hahn's post #13883
11.03.11 04:13:29
To: Mark2011

To: kana48

Thank you for your feedback, it is very useful for us.

Be, sure I will forward your suggestion to our developers to add most features of AVS DVD Authoring software to AVS Video Editor disc menu capabilities.

AVS DVD Authoring is not even avaliable as a download as it conflicts with new versions of AVS programs.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused!
19.03.11 16:49:57
I am also in agreement with the other users. Video Editor is not at all sufficient for my DVD creation needs. Please bring back DVD Authoring!!!!
02.04.11 14:15:25
Please bring back DVD Authoring!

User Friendly is Good!
22.05.11 14:02:08
How can you offer a program (AVS Video Editor) that is supposedly better than the DVD Authoring? It lacks way too much to become a DVD authoring tool at this point. Are there plans to rectify this error in judgement? For example... and unless I am simply lacking experience here... how does one create a multiple item menu DVD that returns to the menu after each chapter?
24.05.11 05:01:03
Hello,

Yes, AVS DVD Authoring and AVS Video Editor are different kind of programs. However, AVS Video Editor also has quite good DVD menu creation capabilities and can be used as some kind of alternative to AVS DVD Authoring software which we have stopped developing.

DoScuba:
how does one create a multiple item menu DVD that returns to the menu after each chapter?
Unfortunately, it is not possible with our software to create such DVD menu which would allow to return to menu after playing one chapter. It was not even possible with AVS DVD Authoring tool.

Regards.
21.06.11 14:28:22

Hi here. It is not clear, for me, why you have stopped AVS DVD Authoring developing.:'( It was the program that gave me more satisfaction and enthusiasm. What I did with AVS DVD Authoring I can not do with AVS Video Editor. Furthermore, I can not duplicate my previous projects with DVD Authoring and this is very frustrating. I am very upset about your childish justification. I ask you, where can I find and / or purchase it? When I purchased the suite, on 2009, I was very enthusiastic about; now no more. I will search for such as programs elsewhere.

A disappointed user.

Have a good evening

Giampaolo
22.06.11 16:48:19
This program was the reason that I purchased my original subscription, and then the unlimited one. I can't tell you how disappointed I am that you're no longer developing it. Could you at least share a link to an archived copy, so I can reinstall it? I'm getting error messages that I'd like to resolve, and that seems to be the easiest way.
25.06.11 15:55:56
To: beads76

Which kind of message?
27.06.11 07:29:44
Ok, guys. Here is the link to download archived copy of AVS DVD Authoring.

But please note that you install it on your own responsibility, as the program conflicts with new versions of AVS programs.

We have stopped developing AVS DVD Authoring because of several reasons - there were several bugs, the program was not very popular and we have extended dvd menu creation capabilities in AVS Video Editor.

We strongly recommend you to use AVS Video Editor to create DVD menu to avoid any problems.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  26