AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.08.12 18:50:25
Hello AVS Support,

For this thread, and all related threads on this (infamous) "internal error 65536" situation, can you please post some results summary after your customer submits their files to you for your technical assessment?

This would help your user community greatly. Or, at least those of us experiencing this error condition with "AVS Video Editor". After some quick reading today, looks like quite a number of reports, but nowhere do I see a clear & definitive summary from AVS4YOU about this problem; lots of 'do this' and if it does not work 'contact support'. THAT is NOT very HELPFUL. A little helpful would be: telling us there are multiple different possible causes 'X' (and list them), depending on our 'Y' configurations (that would be hard to list I know), and depending on our 'Z' Video Editor feature combination used in our DVD-video edit/burns.

I've used your product(s) for about 1.5 years ( mostly the Video Editor ) now and this is my first encounter with '65536'. I've created maybe 10 different DVD projects, all with different combinations of video & photos & chapter markings, some text labels. My yesterday's finalized project is video, pictures, 15 chapters, and text labels thereunder (+ a few more locations ...total of about 20). The DVD file creation, or just an mpeg burn, makes it to around only 1%. Then the error. < XP os. Video Editor rev 6.1.2.211. Plenty of disc space. No h/w or s/w changes since last successful burn to yesterdays fail. >

/ Regards / George
06.08.12 00:40:20
To: gedu

... so later that day (yesterday), here is what I did to my XP os PC to resolve my 'internal error 65536" failure, which by the way is what AVS4YOU Support has recommended in several forum posts:

Note: This recommended AVS Support solution, which was my solution too may not resolve every problem on every configuration.

- removed all AVS software components; used Control Panel, Remove/Uninstall Programs;
Note: initially I selectively installed different AVS programs over time as I needed them,
or to test them; so I just removed each one at a time to better see if there
was any coresponding error message I might should be aware of.

- deleted all AVS folders from C: Programs; C: Programs/Current; Documents.../All Users/ ...
Note: there is a better list in this forum created by a couple AVS Support people but I can't find one just now.
: Maybe they can tag it or recreate it in this thread for everyone edification.

- ran a registry checker program (perhaps any one will do??) ... twice ; it found & fixed (removed ) 300+ leftovers from AVS ...
and a few more on the second pass.

- ran Start > Run > regedit ... searched for things AVS, like HKEY...AVS4YOU; but I didn't delete anything...

- instead I download a little AVS Support utility which does those recommended deletes for you. (again, saw in this forum somewhere)

- ran the registry checker again ... was clean this time. Shut down, rebooted...

- reinstalled my previously saved Video Editor executable (version noted above); restarted my project ( ...waited waited ) ...

- forgot I had to re-authorize the AVS software to prove I purchased it; hunted for my unique 'key'; did that ok ...

- Produced my project ... waited, watched, made it to 5% complete, looks promising ... went to bed. Awoke, worked AOK. Burned my DVD as desired.

Sorry I'm missing some key, specific instructions above, but I'm traveling, wanted to quickly get this posted for GMT time 8/6/2012 in case AVS wants to do a better write up with this already recommended solution, plus any other solutions that were different.

/Hope this helps /Good Luck / George

-
Administrator
06.08.12 09:00:09
Hello,

Thank you for the detailed description of the solution.
We are glad that the issue was resolved.

In case you have further questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards
11.09.12 20:23:57
Dear all,
I have the following error message while creating a blu-ray disc: Internal error 65536, the program stops around 30%
My PC: Intel core I5 2.3 GHZ with 8GB ram
Could you please solve my problem?
Thanks and best regards.
Administrator
12.09.12 08:46:53
To: fstefano20

Hello Stefano,

We would like to invite you to track the answers to your requests in our Support System. We have already sent you the reply.
12.09.12 15:41:40
Hello AVS Support,

< posting this request for the 2nd time >

Can AVS4U please create a summary document of your "solution" findings for this thread, and all related threads on this (infamous) "internal error 65536" situation? A FAQ, or 'learnings', or recommendations doc .... something better than what you are currently providing?

This would help your user community greatly, and perhaps boost your sales, and definitely help your support-after-the-sale reputation (which means more sales).

Regard,

/gedu
Administrator
13.09.12 08:21:00
To: gedu

Hello Gedu,

We appreciate your taking time and providing us with your suggestion. It is very thoughtful and considerate. We will surely pass it over to the person in charge to be potentially implemented.
28.04.12 22:59:04
I have only had this program for 4 days and today i started to get an error when converting the video using avs video converter.
What has happened is i have used the software Fraps to record video and when I go to use the converter at 48.76% done it gives me the message "an internal error has been encountered code 65536, ect, ect"

I have looked to see if anyone else has encountered this probelm and found alot of difference solutions but none have worked for me.

I have ran the repair and everything checks out with the exception of avsshellconverter64.dll cannot load library and AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll cannot load library.
I have completely removed all avs using a guide i found where it took me through uninstalling it, removing it from my registry, deleting it from the program files, and then doing a reinstall.
I have tired to use a different video, also recorded on fraps and this gave the same problem only difference was that it happened sooner.

I am converting it to AVI Format and using profile HD Video for YouTube.

I am also a registered owner of the unlimited package deal.

I have had this work in before today, and converted videos before. I have not ruled that this could be Fraps, however like I said, everything worked before today with great success and avs is the one giving me the error.

If I missed anything the please let me know and I will provide you with any information that I can.
Lex
Administrator
29.04.12 07:10:49
To: DustinRush

Hello,

Your request was processed at our support system:
http://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx

Best regards.
24.08.11 20:11:09
I am new to AVS Video Editor and I am using unregistered version. While producing a video, it came up with this:
http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/95/74/36/65/06/Snapshot_1.png
Any suggestions?
Attached files:
Lex
Administrator
25.08.11 10:02:29
To: qaywsx

Hello,

Make sure you use the latest version AVS Video Editor 6.0.3.184:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoEditor.exe

Please provide additional information:
- specify the format of the file you are trying to edit and its origin
- specify to which format you convert and which presets you select
- attach a screenshot of your PC configuration: right-click My Computer, choose Properties, make a screenshot of the General tab.

Best regards.
25.08.11 14:42:49
I was producing a video out of a Video Editor project. Its size is 8482 KB. I choose to make a WMV file, codec Windows Media Video 9, custom profile and 1920∙1080 frame size. I checked and I)ave latest version. The screenshot is here:http://forum.avs4you.com/attachments/05/16/68/47/17/Snapshot.png
Hope that helps. Thanks for reply!
Attached files:
Lex
Administrator
26.08.11 10:56:30
To: qaywsx

Hello,

Please try to reinstall AVS Video Editor following our instructions.

Best regards.
27.08.11 17:51:14
Tried it. It doesnt help.
27.08.11 18:09:38
Oh, wait. It is all right now. Looks like that the frame size was too big for 51 min long video. Thank you for your help anyway*OK*.
16.05.11 12:32:38
I'm trying to convert a video I created using AVS video converter and I continually get the 65536 error code. It doesn't matter what format I choose, I get the same error. I've tried the repair functionality, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've used a registry cleaner... nothing works. I'm working on a time-sensitive project and I'm hoping that someone on the boards can help since support seems not to have an interested in responding to customer issues.
Al
Support Manager
17.05.11 05:09:40
To: sadams

Your support request has been answered by the tech support manager (We apologize for the delay)
I'd recommend to reinstall the software following the instructions, make sure that you have latest version of the program installed.
Please, specify the format and specs of the file you are currently working on
13.05.11 18:50:13
My Video Editor used to work fine. But for the last 6 months I have had a lot of problems. Now I cannot even produce a video. Most of the time the program stops rendering the video when it is between 45% and 95% finished. Then the error code 65536 pops up. One time it did finish producing the video and I was able to burn two DVDs. The first burned disc played 3/4 of the way through and stopped; it was no good. The second try at burning the DVD did not play at all and I could not even open it on my computer. I have deleted and reinstalled the program a few times according to AVS4U's recommendation but with no change. I am running XP pro on a Dell desktop computer.

I presently have submitted to customer support a request for help but have not heard back from them. Can anybody help me solve this problem?

Glenn
15.05.11 15:34:15
To: jmeldrum@juno.com

I am having the same issue and it is slower than previous versions. I installed 5.2.2.173
18.05.11 05:45:47
To: Silvex

The error usually occurs working with certain files. What is the format of the files you work with?

Also, please specify your PC configuration (Operating System, CPU, Ram).

To: jmeldrum@juno.com

As far as I know our support manager has already been working with you on the problem. Please follow his tips to solve the problem.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  215