AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.08.10 10:39:25
Hi I'm finding my way through video editing at the moment so I may be doing something wrong, but I'm finding it painfully difficult to cross-cut between two video clips whilst just using one of the audio tracks. Would this be improved by providing an additional video line, with an option to enable/disable either video or audio on each clip? I would have thought that would be far more useful than the 'overlay' line.

I ended up extracting the audio from one of them and adding it to the audio mix, but then I had to be incredibly careful about the length of each clip whenever I wanted to switch between them, otherwise the audio would go out of sync. Seems overly hard...

One of the other ways around it I found was to use Overlay, but expand the overlaid video to take up the whole screen. The only problem is that it somehow messed up the audio tracks on both clips, and moved them out of sync with the video...

Am I missing something?
20.08.10 06:08:46
To: laughinglion

Hello,

Do you have the latest version AVS Video Editor 5.1? Unfortunately, it is not possible to disable video of main video and video overlay tracks in this new version, however you can handle audio tracks of them both on Timeline. It is possible to split and delete parts of the clips using Split button. Also, you can adjust volume balance of both main and video overlay lines using Volume and Balancebutton or you can simply mute video overlay sound. Here you can find the details how to manage Timeline.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
23.08.10 17:31:11
To: Vlad

Yep, I've already played with all that, the only problem is that you need to be so careful about the precise length of clips that you cut between, otherwise the audio goes out of sync. Wish there was an easier way of doing it.
24.08.10 05:57:24
To: laughinglion

Ok, I see what you mean. I will forward your suggestion to our developers, so that they could consider to add it to the next version of the program.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  276