AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.08.10 13:09:26
Downloaded video converter last night. Converted some Quicktime clips to AVI. Tried to play them back with Windows Media Player...was unable to do so. Converted them to .wmv files...still could not play back. Anyone have any ideas? I had been using RAD tools for my conversions, but I saw this site in the forum with Pinnacle Studio (which I use) . You at AVS had so much more (it seemed) that I got the Unlimited Membership. If I am using a wrong codec does anyone have any idea on how I can change it? (and what I should change it to?)
19.08.10 03:43:41
To: oldman1

Hello,

Could you please specify which error do you get trying to play resulted wmv videos in Windows Media Player? Also, please specify what output settings did you select when converted avi's to wmv. Finally, please inform us about your PC configuration - Operating system, CPU, Ram.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.
19.08.10 15:26:10
To: Vlad

I am sorry, I should have supplied that information up front.
system:
hp Pavilion p6157c
7gb system memory
AMD Phenom X4 9650 Processor
nVidia GeForce 9100 integrated graphics
Running Vista Premium

I was probably a little unclear. I converteda .mov to .avi
. After I did so and tried to play it in my windows media player , I got the error
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.
20.08.10 03:45:38
To: oldman1

Thank you for the details. Seems that WMP does not have video codecs to play the file. Please use the solution given here.

I hope it helps.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  145