AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.05.10 13:41:31
Hello,

I have been using Video Editor 4 for a long time and have had no trouble with it until recently, when I began a new project and dragged a video file from the library section to the timeline. At that point, the program stalled with an hourglass cursor, and eventually the words "Not Responding" appeared in the menu bar. I had to close the program by going into the Task Manager; I noticed that two instances of the program appeared in the task window, and quitting one of them was enough to close the editor. I have tried using various video files (including the sample that came with the program), using the repair utility, and uninstalling/reinstalling, but I still get the same results. My system is a Lenovo 3000 C200 with Windows XP Professional SP3 and DirectX 9.
Nat
27.05.10 05:23:48
To: nortnork

Hello,

Fist please make sure you use the latest version 4.2.1.182 of AVS Video Editor: press the Help button on the top toolbar of the program - choose About.

Can you playback the files from media library on the preview without any problems?

Please try to do the following: unzip the file from the attachment and run it by double clicking on it - choose Yes.
Then try to use the program once again and inform about the result.

It would be great if you could send us your PC configurations as well: go Start - right click on My Computer - choose Properties - General - make a screenshot and send it to us.

Regards.
Attached files:
27.05.10 13:10:34
To: Nat

Thanks for the reply. I have the latest version already (installed it yesterday), and the videos play back in the preview window with no problems. BTW, I forgot to mention that this happens with graphics and audio files as well... I used the registry file you provided, and the program is still hanging. Whatever I drag onto the timeline does appear there, but a few seconds later the program becomes unresponsive.
Attached files:
Nat
02.06.10 02:16:08

Could you specify the format of the files you use in the program.
Please try to upload one of the video files you use to AVS Video Converter and press the Edit button, specify if the file can be seen on the timeline and can be played on the preview window of AVS Video Converter.
Regards
02.06.10 14:08:10

I have mostly been using .avi (video), .wav (audio), and .jpg (graphics) files; the same files I have used in other projects no longer work, and neither do any of the new files I have tried to import. All the files appear (and can be played) in the preview window, and a rectangular outline with no image appears when I drag them to the timeline, but the program hangs a few seconds after I do. I tried pulling down the edit menu, and that caused the program to hang as well. I have tried switching over to storyboard mode, but I continued to have the same problem.
Nat
04.06.10 03:23:40

Please unzip the file in the attachment and save both files to your harddrive: C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoEditor,
replace the file that is located in the mentioned folder with the new one.

After that start AVS Video Editor and try to place the files onto the timeline. When you will get a message with a bugreport please send it to us.

Thank you for your help.
05.06.10 16:51:44

There was no bug report; was there supposed to be an error message, or is there a crash log that I should look for?
Nat
07.06.10 02:45:26

After you place the files to the mentioned folder, you need to start the program and drag the files to the timeline, then wait till the program stops responding.
Please do not close the program for about a minute and wait for an error message to appear, please make the screenshot of it and send it to us.
Regards
08.06.10 16:52:50

That's what I did the first time; this time I tried waiting longer (about five minutes), and there was still no error message.
14.06.10 12:21:12

Hello,

Could you please give some more details about the problem? Did it arise after you upgraded to the latest version 4.2.1.812? Try to remember, did you install some third party software, codecs, or smth else and after that AVS Video Editor began hanging?

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  186