AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.05.10 07:56:00
My new PC with 4 gig of RAM, seems to slow down with time....at first, i had no problems, then when my videos included more pieces of overlays, sounds, edits.....just moving one frame a bit, will bring the software to pause, or the playing button appears, no playing on screen, it takes a few seconds for any kind of move....someone told me it was my hard drive, but the disk is defragmented..etc..and therer is lot of free space on the hard drive....

i will be doing more and more of this, and i also need this computer to run customer service for my business at the same time...any suggestions???...should i get a new computer on the side, strictly for videos?...reformat would help??? anyone out there can help me? i like AVS, but is it the software?..please help!!!! thanks...i am on windows vista at that computer, but my laptop at home on windows seven seemed to slow down too with time....

some of these movies include 50 megs files of video where i trim to keep 3 seconds for overlays..that type of thing....but nothing like a 2 hour fancy movie.....please help
13.05.10 09:01:59
My computer is a 2.5 GHZ, 32 bit, vista, 4 gig of ram
14.05.10 04:51:45
To: super guy

Hello,

As as far as I can see, it is the problem when you preview your video project. Try setting low quality preview in AVS Video Editor. For it open Edit in top toolbar of AVS Video Editor and open Settings option. In General select low (fastest) preview quality. Also, please do not run any other application or process when you work with AVS Video Editor, it seems that your computer is not powerfull enough to work with some video or files.

If it does not solve your issue, please specify the format, size and origin of video files you work with in AVS Video Editor. Also, please attach a screenshot of your PC configuration (right click on My Computer>Properties).

Regards.
Attached files:
15.05.10 08:00:10
To: Vlad

thanks,glad to hear someone answers me... but i have a computer 3 months old...4 gig of RAM, 2.5 Ghz, vista 32 bit, dual core...
someone told me to divide my work in sections, to cut down on demand....also, to store all data on a seperate hard drive....is this good?
i also made the viewing go as LIST instad of thumbnails....can we do that in the video lines below too?...that would also help..no?
please confirm from your experience beacause i run lots of videos...
thank you
17.05.10 12:14:26
super guy:
To: Vlad

someone told me to divide my work in sections, to cut down on demand....also, to store all data on a seperate hard drive....is this good?
i also made the viewing go as LIST instad of thumbnails....can we do that in the video lines below too?...that would also help..no?
please confirm from your experience beacause i run lots of videos...
thank you

Yes, all this is also helpfull. Have you tried my suggestion select low quality preview?

Also, it would be really helpfull if you specify the format of your files. With how many files do you work at once?
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  79