AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
01.04.10 21:03:29
I've sent a few support tickets in the last couple of days and have not gotten a response, and now I see that the turn over time is about 48 hours, so now I feel like an idiot. However, I'm going to post this on here anyways:

I had a one year license to AVS Video Converter and all of a sudden it began crashing on me when it was working just fine earlier in the day. I thought that maybe my license expired, so I purchased an unlimited license. I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled it and put in my new license key, and the damn thing still keeps crashing on me. I’ve attached a screenshot of the error I keep getting. Can someone please fix this problem?

Thank you…

P.S. I was using version 6.3 when this started to happen, and when I bought the unlimited license and reinstalled it, I used the newest version available on the website. Also, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Attached files:
02.04.10 07:55:26
To: jsorrick

Hello,

As far as I can see you adjust your custom output settings for conversion. In order to assist you we need to know what exact output settings select.

Please select the same custom output settings in Edit profile, follow Advanced>File Information tab and make a screenshot of this window. Attach the screenshot to your message.

Also, please try converting to one of the pesets with output settings which already exits in the program and see if the same crash occurs.

Regards.
02.04.10 15:30:56
I've attached two screen shots of what I use for custom settings, one is for converting to AVI format and the other I use for converting certain existing AVI's to WMW format.

I will try later to use one of the preset profiles to see if that makes a difference and get back to you. However, I paid for the program and want to be able to use the custom settings, especially since the custom settings I have were working perfectly earlier the same day, then I restarted my computer and all of a sudden, the program starts failing.
Attached files:
02.04.10 15:59:36
Ok, I tried converting an AVI video to WMV using the preset profile Windows Media Video 9 High Quality and got the same exact error message, same with trying to convert a WMV file to AVI using the preset profile Video: MPEG4 (DivX, XviD), 1500 kbps; Audio: MP3, 192 kbps.
02.04.10 20:06:37
I also wanted to add that I just tried using my laptop to convert videos and the same problem is happening there too. I don't know if it's a license thing, since it's a separate computer, but it's the same error message and it occurs at exactly 0.05%. I don't know what this means, but though I'd throw it out there.

John
04.04.10 14:02:01
Ok, I would really appreciate some kind of response with a solution to this problem, otherwise, refund my money and I will move on to some other program.
04.04.10 14:10:14
I also want to add that I've already tried uninstalling the ALL AVS programs, deleting ALL program files and folders, deleting anything related to AVS from my registry, performing a registry cleanup, performing a disk cleanup AND defrag, deleting my temp folder, and then restarting my computer. Then I downloaded a fresh up to date copy of AVS Video Converter and installed it, entered my registration info, and I still get the same exact message as before and it occurs at exactly 0.05% conversion.
05.04.10 04:42:49

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer and thank you for the screenshots and all the details provided. Perhaps, there is the problem converting some certain files. Do you get the error exactly at 0.05% when converting just the one particular file or every your file? Could you please specify the origin of the files you convert?

Regards.
05.04.10 15:41:32
It seems to be every file that I try to convert. I used Magic DVD Ripper to convert the first season of Sons Of Anarchy into AVI files and then split them up into individual episodes. Then I decided to convert them to WMV since they're easier to work with. The first six episodes all worked just fine, but episodes 7+ won't work, and they are ALL from the same source. I also tried converting other AVI files to WMV using the same method with a few other movies of mine that I'm backing up, and the same result for ALL of it. The sources are the DVD itself, not a burned or bootleg copy.
06.04.10 04:02:30

Thanks again for all the information.

I'm kindly asking you to do one thing which will help to identify the reason of the problem - please try converting the files not to wmv, but another format, for example mpeg, and see if the same error occurs. Please inform us about the results.

Also, please specify your PC configuration - Operating System, CPU, Ram.
06.04.10 16:12:17
Here's the deal, I got tired of dealing with this issue, so I backed up my computer and re-formatted the whole thing and re-installed my operating system. This fixed the issue as far as I can tell with MOST of the files that I wanted to convert. Some of them are still giving me the error message as before. I am attributing this to file corruption, so I decided to just delete the files that won't work. I also seem to remember the only system change that took place around the time I encountered this issue was that Java ran updates and installed the newest version, so I think that either that caused it, or the files became corrupt somehow (which is odd because I was able to convert other files that came from the same exact source). For your reference, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with 4.00 GB RAM and my CPU is Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz. As of right now, I no longer need help with this problem since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, if I encounter this problem again, or another one, I will contact Support. Thank you for trying to help.

John
08.04.10 02:13:42

That's great news, John :-).

We are glad that you managed to solve the problem, thanks for informing us about that.

If the problem arises again, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  154