AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
16.08.10 07:34:40
To: Quantu

Hello,

Thank you for the information, it's very valuable for us. It will help us in working on the issue.

And it is also good work around which will be helpful for other users. *SUPER*

Regards.
16.08.10 14:59:45
No problem whatsoever, I actually have another work around too...

If you don't want to mess with the affinity, by disabling hyperthreading in the bios, you can avoid the problem altogether... I was converting several videos, so i disabled it, which allowed me to overclock significantly higher [hyperthreading = HOT] ... i then just ran the converter in normal multi-threaded mode, and there was no issue... this was by far the fastest conversion option so far
25.10.10 09:33:43
Quantu:
No problem whatsoever, I actually have another work around too...

If you don't want to mess with the affinity, by disabling hyperthreading in the bios, you can avoid the problem altogether... I was converting several videos, so i disabled it, which allowed me to overclock significantly higher [hyperthreading = HOT] ... i then just ran the converter in normal multi-threaded mode, and there was no issue... this was by far the fastest conversion option so far

The affinity fix worked great! Thanks for posting it. I would have liked to disable HT in bios, but that would affect EVERYTHING, not just the avs4you editor. But, I'll take what I can get ;-)
06.01.11 00:19:29
I was converting a bunch of files for an iPod. AVS was crashing non-stop. One time it crashed when I opened a window, so I tried shutting down everything but the virus protection(AVG Free version). AVS didn't crash as much. Then I tried DISABLING the NETWORK ADAPTER. This worked for me. AVS hasn't crashed since.

I turn off the network, convert my stuff, then turn the network back on. NO CRASHING. AVS seems to be too sensitive to internet traffic, in my opinion.
06.01.11 06:25:24
To: Joe_Lego

Hello,

Conversion itself does not depend on network, however, if you use a lot of network services, load something via network, it can take a lot of CPU and Memory Usage and cause problems in work of AVS Video Converter.

Best regards.
25.02.11 09:01:24
I TOO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SINCE I DELETED SOME KEY IN REGEDIT(/..LOCAL.../INTERNET/L) IT WAS SOME WHAT OF THIS ADDRESS
I DELETED THAT KEY BECAUSE MY WINDOWS 7 SIDEBARS WERE NOT WORKING PROPERLY BUT NOW THE SIDEBAR WORKS PERFECTLY BUT ANY SORT OF VIDEO CONVERTER DOES'NT WORK !!!!!!!
I THINK THE SOLUTION CAN BE IN THE REGISTRY FILES !!!!!!
PLEASE REPLY IM IN FRUSTRATRION DUE TO THIS !!!!!:(
01.03.11 00:24:11
To: kool addy

Hello,

This (/..LOCAL.../INTERNET/L) is not connected with AVS Video Converter.

Could you please give more details about the problem:
- does AVS Video Converter give any error? When does it occur, after what action?

Regards.
07.03.13 14:56:23
I am running windows XP pro with latest service pack3. I have 3 gig of ram and the computer loads and plays FLV files in other programs like "UMPLAYER" just fine.

Your AVS programs hangs my CPU only when attempting to load FLV files but loads AVI and others just fine.

I have to open Windows Task Manager and manually stop AVS processes to regain control of my CPU.

It seems like when I try to load an FLV file with ANY of your video programs it grabs 90 to 100 percent of CPU usage and stays that way until I manually stop AVS processes.

The program worked fine until I updated it or something else is causing it to crash.
Nat
11.03.13 05:04:39
To: nitebell

Dear user,

To analyse the problem we need one of your FLV files you are trying to convert. Please upload it to our FTP server.

I have send you the instructions on how to do it via AVS Support System.

Do you get the same problem with any FLV files you import?

What is the origin of those FLV files and can they be opened on any other PC players?

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  270