AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
09.03.10 10:00:22
I just finished making a video in AVS video editor 4.2 and am looking for opinions and suggestions on what to do with it next?

Right now I have it complied in .wmv at a 1440x1080 resolution, which is what the camera recorded at. I wanted to make it a playable DVD which seems to be as simple as just selecting it in the "Save Movie" menu? However I don't want to lower the resolution to any of the options they have listed for DVD, I see 1920x1080 listed under the Divx menu but wasn't sure how compatible that would be in real life? Should I expect most people's DVD plays can probably figure it out or is it only for people who picked specific players based on stuff like that. I also wanted to put the .wmv version on the disk as well so you could copy it onto your computer or could you still get the video file off the disk after you've burned it? Will the AVS software finalize the disk or can I add additional files to the disk after, if I need to?
10.03.10 11:15:49
Nobody's ever burned a DVD with this thing?
Administrator
10.03.10 23:30:41
bob_008_@hotmail.com:
I wanted to make it a playable DVD which seems to be as simple as just selecting it in the "Save Movie" menu? However I don't want to lower the resolution to any of the options they have listed for DVD, I see 1920x1080 listed under the Divx menu but wasn't sure how compatible that would be in real life? Should I expect most people's DVD plays can probably figure it out or is it only for people who picked specific players based on stuff like that.
If you would like to play the disc in a DVD player, you need to select either of the DVD presets when saving your movie in AVS Video Editor, but the HD resolution presets are not available in case of DVD. This is due to specification of this format.

However, some DVD players also support DivX. If your player does, you can choose To AVI when saving your movie and select one of the DivX presets. To adjust the resultion, click Advanced and set the required frame size.

bob_008_@hotm...:
I also wanted to put the .wmv version on the disk as well so you could copy it onto your computer or could you still get the video file off the disk after you've burned it? Will the AVS software finalize the disk or can I add additional files to the disk after, if I need to?
You can burn your WMV video to DVD using AVS Disc Creator. Choose Create Data DVD option to burn a multi-sessional disc. However, this way you will be able to play the disc on your PC only.

Best regards
25.03.10 12:06:22
I have the same question. Having used AVS editor to get the file looking like I want I now want to use AVS DVD author to make a DVD. So which format do I save it in. I would think its either AVI or mpg. I notice in AVS editor there is an option to save it and make a DVD but I assume that is a simplified process and not a link to AVS DVD Author. Any clarification would be appreciated please
01.04.10 05:34:19
To: john.driscoll@zen.co.uk

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer.

Yes, it's better to save your video to AVI or MPEG file formats to input them into AVS DVD Authoring where you can create complicated menu for you DVD. AVS Video Editor allows to make simple menu if you save video to DVD.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  114