AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.09.09 07:52:33
I have just used AVS Video Editor to make an 8 minute presentation composed of stills and movies with music, effects and transitions. In fact just about everything. I am very pleased with this software but I have a few issues.

1. When working with a long presentation I get a lot of freezes where the whole UI just locks up. Other times the preview player controls grey-out for no apparent reason. In both these cases I need to restart the application which takes a few minutes... The player lockup generally only frees after making a change and resaving the project.

2. Start up takes forever because the project needs to open every image file to add the preview images. Very annoying. Maybe cache the thumbnails?

3. My movie consists mainly of a series of still images with a background music track. When playing the movie there is a lag before opening each image which makes it very difficult to fully synchronize between transitions and the music. I would suggest that you need some kind of cache or read-ahead buffer so that each image is already loaded into memory when it is needed.

Thanks,

Rafi
Support Manager
18.09.09 01:07:41
To: rafi@rafistern.com

Hi Rafi,
Specify your PC config and the source of the photos you are working with (the size/quality is most importent)
Do you have latest VE installed?
Following that link you'll find a topic with similar problem.
Such problems are typical for projects containing HD videos
The fact is, that the preview player has to be redone... and it will be redone...
rafi@rafister...:
I would suggest that you need some kind of cache or read-ahead buffer so that each image is already loaded into memory when it is needed.

Thanks a lot, that's one of the possible solutions.
18.09.09 01:45:32
To: cotoPeC

I am running on a dual core Centrino @ 1.83 MHz with 3GB memory. I have the VE 4.2.1.166.

The videos are 640x480 uncompressed AVIs. I am switching still images which are mainly 1200x1024 at a rate of one every 2-3 seconds plus minus.

Another issue I have is that when my laptop is docked my screen uses 1220x1024 but undocked 1024x768. AVS Video Editor sometimes completely fails to resize and other times just misses the scroll bar at the bottom of the time line.

Rafi
Al
Support Manager
18.09.09 03:29:52
rafi@rafistern.com:
640x480 uncompressed AVIs

Uncompressed and HD video is too heavy for preview player (the output video doesn't have any lag's of course)
Our developers are working on the solution.

rafi@rafister...:
AVS Video Editor sometimes completely fails to resize and other times just misses the scroll bar at the bottom of the time line.

Do you change resolution while running the program?
Restart the program after docking.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  398