AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
14.08.09 09:01:53
Hello
Recently for some reason my converter (6.3) slowed right down, sometimes taking as long as 2 hours for a small conversion.

Then of a sudden, the problem is the opposite: the conversion is too fast, and the resulting screen is only about one third the normal full size.

I have tried re-installing the software, but that has made no difference at all

could someone suggest what the problem may be

thanks
Experienced User
14.08.09 14:25:21
To: isekeb@yahoo.com.au

what are your input file formats?
and what is your output format?

have you ever got it to work?
14.08.09 18:33:15
To: greggustin

Hello Greg
I don't know what input and output formats are...I am computer illiterate.

However the converter was working perfectly in the beginning...but now it seems to be all over the place...sometimes too slow, sometimes too fast...and now with a smaller than usual screen.

As a test, I have downloaded the software to a second computer, but I can only get the non-activated version...How can I change that to the activated version - I already have the licence key...but there appears nowhere that I can paste it in...

andrew
Administrator
17.08.09 00:06:19
isekeb@yahoo.com.au:
I don't know what input and output formats are...I am computer illiterate.

Actually the problem might be that the first time you chose a higher quality preset (ex, AVI HD) and the second time a lower quality one (ex, MP4 Apple iPod), so the program was slow at the beginning and fast later, during the second conversion. Therefore that'd be really important to know input and output file parameters.

Please import the file you would like to convert into the program, choose the preset used the first time (click To AVI, To DVD etc, select the Profile), then click on Advanced > File Information and make a screenshot of this window (see example attached).

To make a screenshot please:
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard;
- open a graphics editing program (ex. Microsoft Paint);
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard;
- save the image in PNG format;
- attach the image file here.

Then do the same choosing the output settings used the second time.

Hope to hear from you soon
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  240