AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.02.09 19:29:34
Using iDevice Explorer, I click the 'Find' button and app finds the attached iPOD Shuffle device. In the past, if I then click on the iPOD Shuffle icon, it opens the device and I can then copy files to it.
Recently, I'm having a problem where it still finds the iPOD but, if I double-click on it -- or even right-click and select 'Open' -- nothing happens and I cannot copy any files to the device. Tried running Repair plus tried removing app and reinstalling. Still having problem. Anyone else experience this?
Administrator
17.02.09 05:09:13
To: griff1213

Please could you provide us with the following information:
1) Specify the model of your iPod Shuffle device (1G or 2G, generation, year) and its color;
2) iTunes version installed on your PC;
3) Also we would need iTunesDB from your iPod (the path is as follows: \iPod_Control\iTunes\iTunesDB), please zip it and attach here;
4) Make sure you are using the latest version of AVS iDevice Explorer (v.2.1.2.212).

Hope to hear from you soon
20.02.09 20:39:25
To: nadin

Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions:

1) The device is a silver iPod Shuffle, 1G (sorry, not sure of the generation/year).

2) I don't use iTunes with this device at all, I'm just copying .mp3 files to it using your software (usually works great).

3) I'll attach the iTunesDB from the iPod below. (Note that I don't copy music files to the iPod via iTunes. I only copy two audio files each day using iDevice Explorer and I listen to them during my drive home from work. I then delete them and replace them with two more audio files).

4) I have the latest version of iDevice Explorer (see attached .BMP)

Some additional comments:

I notice that sometimes, when I first start iDevice Explorer, two identical icons will appear with the term 'Apple iPod Shuffle' next to them (see attached .BMP file). Sometimes, if I just close the app and restart it, the additional bogus icon will disappear, other times the app will start duplicating icons to the point where there are 5 or 6 duplicates of 'Apple iPod Shuffle' showing.

At that point, the only way to get rid of them is to remove the repeated entries from the Registry. After that, things are back to normal. However, after using the product for a few days, I started it today and, again, there was the duplicate icon.
Attached files:
20.02.09 20:41:32
I sent three attachments. It looks like only one was picked up. Please let me know if the other two are missing and I'll send them in separate notes.

Thanks.
Administrator
24.02.09 02:44:58
griff1213:
I'll attach the iTunesDB from the iPod below.

Unfortunately, the database has not been attached. We really need to analyse iTunesDB in order to find out possible reasons why your device cannot be opened in the program (please zip it prior to attaching).

However, if you would like to start using your iPod from scratch, i.e. erase all the music from the device and upload it anew using iDevice Explorer, you can delete the following files:
- iTunesDB located in \iPod_Control\iTunes\iTunesDB;
- iTunesSD from the same path;
- iPod Control Music.
Then open your iPod in iDevice Explorer and upload music.

Best regards
24.02.09 16:36:52
To: nadin
Here is the iTunes database
Attached files:
Administrator
25.02.09 06:50:53
To: griff1213

We have analysed the DB and there seems to be no problems at this point. Actually, as it contains only two files, it would be easier for you to erase all data from your iPod (delete the files I have mentioned) and upload music anew. As soon as you open iDevice Explorer the program will create database from scratch. You will need to upload your files to the device and everything must work as before.

However, if you still would like us to look for a solution without deleting the files, please could you send us iTunesSD file as well. Possibly the problem is hidden there.

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  113