AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
08.04.09 03:41:49
A family member owns a Philips DVP642 DivX player that will not play any of the standard video discs I create. He has 2 other (non-Dvix) players also and they both play fine. The Dvix player works for all other movies i.e. new, rental, movies created by DVD Fab 5, etc.

As a test, I did a "Save Movie", then selected "Disc", then "DivX/Xvid" thinking it would create a video file in Dvix format (whatever that is) but it created .AVI files instead, not a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder. Is this correct?

Please explain how to create VIDEO_TS in DivX format?

Thank you
Administrator
08.04.09 23:35:54
To: accessible

Among the formats supported by the player mentioned (Philips DVP642) are:
- DVD which has the following structure: AUDIO_TS folder which is empty and VIDEO_TS folder which contains IFO, VOB and BUP files. DVDs are usually encoded with MPEG2 codec.
- AVI encoded with DivX or MPEG4 (you can learn more on DivX in Wikipedia).

In case you would like to save the movie edited in AVS Video Editor to DVD, choose Save to Disc > DVD.
If this is DivX, choose Save to Disc > DivX/XviD and select the appropriate profile (ex, MPEG4 DivX/XviD compatible).

Best regards
25.03.13 11:19:30
Hello:
I am using a new Canon HD camera and have just taped a school play (2 hr 17 min 18 G) in MTS. I would like to burn to1 DVD. If I load it through Editor I need to reduce the size to fit to 1 DVD during output and the resulting image looks very unsatisfactory on my TV - kind of broken up. Should I convert to another image file type before burning the DVD or am I asking the impossible?
Thanks!!
Nat
26.03.13 05:57:20
To: mzeender

Dear user,

If you home DVD player supports Divx/Xvid video, you can convert your video to AVI file format.

To avoid loss of quality press the Advanced button of AVS Video Converter - choose Conversion options - in video codec choose MPEG (DivX/Xvid compatible), choose input frame rate, frame size and bitrate for the output.

After creating the video you can use AVS Disk Creator to burn the video to a disk.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  340