AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
16.03.09 21:21:31
I am using the custom mode to create my DVD. I have two video files in the DVD, which is only about 22 minutes long. The first file is 603 MB and about 20:47, the second is 21 MB and about 1:47.

I was trying to create it with 8 chapters, but they would not build properly. I set up where I wanted each chapter to start on the timeline, and after it builds, the clips that play in the thumbnails are correct but when I click on them a different chapter plays than what is displayed in the thumbnail. Also, when I was creating with 8 chapters, the first 3 chapters were not clickable. In other words, the thumbnails were on the chapter screen, but you could not select to play the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd chapter. And if you click on any of the others, they played the wrong chapter. I then tried to create it with only 4 chapters, and although I can now click on any of the 4, it is doing the same thing as far as playing the wrong part of the movie. If I click on chapter 1, it plays from the beginning of the movie as it should. But when I click on chapter 2 it plays chapter 3. Click on 3, it plays 4. Click on 4, it plays 2. The thumbnails are all correct, though.

Also, I created background music for the DVD. One clip, for the main menu, is 15 seconds long. After build it will only play about 7 seconds of this clip before looping. The other clip is for the chapters menu, and is 29 seconds long. It plays 24 seconds of it. I don't understand why it won't play the whole of either of these clips, since it is supposed to play up to 30 seconds.

The third issue is that on my main page I put a button on for "view trailer." The trailer for the movie is my second file, which I inserted after the first file on the timeline. When I added the button, I set the cursor on the timeline to right where I wanted it to start playing the movie, but when it builds the DVD and I click the button, it starts playing the movie from the beginning of chapter 2 instead of the point where I programmed it to begin play.

I am checking these DVD files with VLC media player and Windows Media Player, with the same problems appearing in both. I have tried at least 5 times now to build this DVD, and have resolved several issues that have cropped up on past attempts. But the above questions are things that I just cannot figure out. I have not yet burnt them to a disc, because I don't want to waste discs if the program isn't going to create these as I have laid them out.

I am building the DVD for 4.7 GB Single Layer High Quality format. The source files are both MPEGs.

I have attached two pictures. In one you can see the Chapters page. In the other, you can see what comes on when I click on chapter two in the upper right hand corner of the screen. As you can see, it's playing the part of the movie shown on the thumbnail for chapter 3 in the lower left hand corner.

Also attached are two MP3's. The first is a recording of what is actually playing on the main menu when I play the DVD file. The second is what should be playing. Also, please note that although I have attached MP3 recordings, the actual files for the background music are saved in WAV format (although I don't see why that would matter).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would suggest to AVS that the option to preview the DVD before going through the build process and perhaps writing better instructions for the authoring program would be immense improvements which would add greatly to the functionality and efficiency of this program.
Attached files:
16.03.09 21:25:30
It only seemed to attach one of the files I tried to attach to the previous message. Showed them all in the preview, but only one after I posted. The MP3 on the previous post is what my menu music should sound like. I am attaching what actually is playing to this one.
Attached files:
Administrator
27.03.09 02:24:40
robertbmagee:
...the thumbnails were on the chapter screen, but you could not select to play the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd chapter. And if you click on any of the others, they played the wrong chapter.

Our testing team has not managed to reproduce the problem. Probably, as you have used the Custom Mode to create your DVD, it would be useful for you to note some information on this type of project posted within the following thread.

Actually it might be possible to reproduce the problem if you provided us with the detailed information on the way the project has been created (step by step actions), so that we could try to create it the way you did. Please send us all the information on the support page.

robertbmagee:
Also, I created background music for the DVD. One clip, for the main menu, is 15 seconds long. After build it will only play about 7 seconds of this clip before looping. The other clip is for the chapters menu, and is 29 seconds long. It plays 24 seconds of it. I don't understand why it won't play the whole of either of these clips, since it is supposed to play up to 30 seconds.

This problem does persist due to some technical reasons. It is to be corrected within the next update of the program.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  362