AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.02.10 10:01:11
The datalog file is just one word, I don't know what you can do with that. Bryan
Administrator
10.02.10 06:10:46
To: hicksbryan9

Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for the .log files. They show that the last two burning sessions were closed correctly. Have you tried to play the last two created discs on your PC? What is the result?

Unfortunately, the .logs do not contain any definite information about what exactly is causing the problem and that's also quite strange that the program quits without any errors, as you say. What we can suggest is that you try to use AVS Disc Creator instead which has the same copying functionalty, but was updated not a long time ago.

Please try using Copy DVD mode in AVS Disc Creator. You can find the detailed instructions on the following page, please use them. If the burning process is cancelled, you must get an error. Please attach a screenshot of this error.

Also, as soon as you get the error, do not close the program, but follow to the path with the newly created .log files and send AVS Disc Creator .log files to us. (If you close the program prior to taking out the .logs, some of the information might get lost)

The path is the same, but you should go to AVS Disc Creator folder instead. On your PC it must be the following one:
C:\Users\hicksbryan9\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs

Looking forward to hearing from you!
14.02.10 05:44:15
Nadin: I have tried AVs disc creator. It does not let me burn a movie at all, ever. I will try again today. It will only let me import files by individual nature, but not entire movie.
14.02.10 05:57:29
Nadin: Specifically on AVS disc creator, here is my problem: I try to retrieve my movie from hard drive for the software to burn and it pulls it ok. But as you go down the page and try to fill in the blanks that say "File name, and "Files of type", I don't know what to type in. Everything I put in here is unacceptable to the software, so the computer refuses to burn. I have tried about a hundred times with no success. I use dvd decrypter as a starter, because it has worked in past. Oh yes, I had some succesfull burns lately (with avs dvd copy), but the quality has been bad, with what looks like a checker board across the tv screen, mixed with haze, and the images themselves. I think this may be because I had to many other windows open and had my laptop running on battery power only. I go crazy because I have spent so much money on this, and noone has problems but me. Regards. Bryan
Administrator
15.02.10 00:48:07

If you would like to burn a DVD saved on your hard disc, please follow the steps below:
- open AVS Disc Creator, click Video&Photo tab and choose "Burn DVD-Video Files" (note scr.1);
- click "Add DVD-Video" and find VIDEO_TS folder on your hard disc which contains the movie you would like to burn, then click "Add" (scr.2),
- after the files are added, click to "Close" the dialogue window (scr.3),
- click "Start Burning!", make sure the blank disc is inserted into the drive,
- choose "Burn" in the new window leaving the settings as is (scr.4).

As a result, the DVD must be burnt onto the disc.

Please inform me whether these steps are helpful. Do you burn the DVD successfully this way or not?

Regards
Attached files:
55.39 KB
94.36 KB
141.73 KB
53.24 KB
21.02.10 19:50:16
Something about file name that blocks me every time with AVS disc creator. Every single time, consistantly. Please comment on that specifically Nadin, please. Bryan
Administrator
24.02.10 03:28:16

Pease could you provide the screenshots to better explain the problem, as it is not quite clear what is happening on your part.

To take a screenshot:
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard;
- open a graphics editing program (for ex. Microsoft Paint);
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard;
- save the image in PNG or JPG format;
- attach the image file to your message.

Best regards
25.02.10 06:05:36
Nadin: you make it sound simple to attatch screen shots, however, I beleive it is simpler to tell you where the problem lies. Look for a task bar within the program that says File name: Image and Files of type: Images.icd It wants me to fill in the blanks correctly before burning, and no matter what I put in, is incorrect. I am working alot and don't think I have microsoft paint, and the know how to post screen shots. I will try one day though. I have spent hundreds of dollars on blank discs, software, and the like. Nothing is working. I get very frustrated with this whole thing. Everything works in the beginning, until later. Now, half of my blank discs are ruined, and I bought them in bulk. Bryan
25.02.10 06:06:27
I don't think I have microsoft paint. Where can I find it on my machine??
Administrator
25.02.10 22:46:36

You are trying to use the copy mode. As you would like to burn the DVD stored on your hard disc, please follow the steps I have provided in the above post (#9695).

If there is something that is not clear, please do not hesitate to ask me.
24.03.10 07:28:26
Nadin:
I have tried AVS Disc Creator according to your directions and have had success!! It is not completely full proof, however. On one burn, the movie freezes up as it tries to transition from introduction to dvd menu. Do you have an explanation for this.? I have spent hundreds on different softwares, and this is the only one working now. I am in a habit of using dual layer discs for anything over 4.7 gb so as to not sacrifice quality. I wanted to ask you about disc creator. Why does not it mention the size of the movie you are trying to burn? I saw some strange looking graph on the bottom reading in GB. Does Disc creator produce just as good quality as AVS DVD copy? Why is it AVS DISC creator is only software that works out of 3 programs? Clone DVD4, and AVSDVD Copy, both Glitch and fail, almost 85 percent of time. I finally am experiencing success with burning, after months and months of struggling. Thank you, Nadin.
Administrator
25.03.10 02:09:49
hicksbryan9:
On one burn, the movie freezes up as it tries to transition from introduction to dvd menu. Do you have an explanation for this.?
If this happened on a single occasion, most likely, the disc was defected.
It is also advisable to burn discs at the lowest speed available.

hicksbryan9:
Why does not it mention the size of the movie you are trying to burn? I saw some strange looking graph on the bottom reading in GB.
The line on the botton is the disc size meter. Please follow this link to find more information about it.

hicksbryan9:
Does Disc creator produce just as good quality as AVS DVD copy?
AVS DVD Copy and AVS Disc Creator have common program components, but AVS Disc Creator is updated more often. We are planning to release the new version very soon with some functional improvements included.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, in case any further issues occur.
28.03.10 09:26:04
Nadin: I just tried to slow the speed of the burn using avs disc creator. The same problem is occuring again. The movie freezes in certain sections and will not play. Its almost like the screen locks on one image and just stays. As you try to forward past it with a dvd player, it is unable. The movie completely locks up at the defective part. I am now going through blank discs like water again. Could the problem be that I am using dual layer discs. I saw on AVs disc copy that the movie is 6.9 gb, and I burn therefore to a larger disc, so as to not compress on a standard 4.7gb disc. Could this be my problem???? Oh by the way, the graph on avs disc creator still makes no sense to me inspite of the link. The graph is not telling me anything, maybe I am reading it wrong. I don't know.
05.04.10 07:45:53
hicksbryan9:
the graph on avs disc creator still makes no sense to me inspite of the link. The graph is not telling me anything, maybe I am reading it wrong. I don't know.

There is a scale in the graph which shows possible size of data. When you add data for burning, their size will be marked on the scale with blue color. If added data exceedes output disc size, those part that is extra for the disc will be marked with red.

I hope it clarifies.

Regards.
29.06.10 10:04:24
I'm having a bit of trouble burning dual layer DVDs with DVD Authoring. Burning regular DVDs works fine, but not when burning the Dual Layer.

The program works fine when going through the process of building the DVD and burning, but when I go back to try and play the DVD either on my computer or in my DVD player it doesn't work. I've had the DVD burner looked at and it burns fine with files. I've tried burning the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS onto a dual layer outside of the program and it works fine, but it won't play on my DVD player and its been able to read burned disks before. This is a recent problem and the program has worked before, until now. I use mostly Memorex DVD+R and I've tried using other DVDs with the same result. I currently use Windows Vista 64-bit (please don't tell me to update to Windows 7, currently I don't have the money to do so).

Any help or advice you can give will be great!

Thanks so much!
Nat
29.06.10 23:48:18
To: dragon1986

Please specify the exact model of your home DVD Player.

dragon1986:
I've tried burning the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS onto a dual layer outside of the program and it works fine, but it won't play on my DVD player and its been able to read burned disks before.

Do the disks burned using some other software can not be played on your home DVD Player either?
Have you tried to playback the created disks on some other home DVD Players? If possible please do and inform about the result.
Inform if your home DVD Player does not have any problems playing any other dual layer disks of different origin.

Please attach .log files - probably, they'll help to clear up the reason for the problem. They can be found in the following directory:
C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner\logs

Please zip them and attach here.

Thank you
30.06.10 08:52:12
To: Nat

I use a Playstation 2 to play DVDs. Like I've said its always been able to read burned DVD-R and DVD+R before. When I use the Disc Authoring program it burns fine to single layer discs, its only recently there has been a problem with the Dual Layer and burning it as its not being read by my player or my computer. Discs burned in the past with another program work fine, but I would still like to stay with AVS is that's ok ;-).

I have tried playing back on another DVD player with the same result when I burn the disc outside of the program. It still wouldn't read the dual layer I burned through the program, but it read the single layer i made just fine.

I've attached the logs, thanks for your time :-)
Attached files:
3.13 KB
Nat
01.07.10 03:42:33

Try to do the following: unzip the file in the attachment and save it to your harddrive: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX
Then follow Start - All programs - AVS4YOU - Repair.

After that try to burn a disk once again and if the problem remains please attach the new .log files.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Attached files:
01.07.10 19:41:28
To: Nat

OK So the program is burning Dual layer discs now. However they still can only be read on my computer not on my player. The single layer disc reads fine, just still having problems with the dual layer. I tried burning two different brands of dual layers to see if maybe that would work, but they both won't play on my player.

Thanks for all help. I really appreciate it.
Attached files:
248.48 KB
Nat
05.07.10 03:48:12

According to the .log files you have send to us, the problem appears due to the fact that the disk can not be finalized at the end of burning process.
So could you try to use a new disk of well known manufacture (e.g. TDK, Verbatim, etc).
Please specify the brand of the disks you used to burn the video to.
Thank you for your help.
Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  341