AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.01.09 12:20:42
I've been trying to burn audio CD's through the Disc Creator software. The CD burns, and the program functions normally. When I put the CD into a CD player is when the problems start. The CD will usually display the number of tracks and the total time on the CD, but not always - sometimes the CD player won't even touch the CD. The first track might play as expected, but then the rest of the tracks will not play - you can hear the CD player trying to "find" the groove to play the song, but it is unable to. I've used the "Audio CD" feature with both multisession and disc-at-once options, and neither seems to work.

I can burn CD's just fine through my backup program, through Windows Media Player and through ITunes, so I'm not exactly sure why I'm having problems in this program.

Thanks for your assistance.
Dam
Administrator
19.01.09 05:21:45
To: rcpwisc

Hello,

Please send us your disc drive info.

For that:
-launch AVS Disc Creator
-press get drive-infor button

After launching the Get Drive Info task the Drive Info window will open where you can find necessary details about the selected CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive. Send us a screenshot.

Hope to hear from you soon.
21.03.09 16:13:48
To: Dam

I have the same problem. I've attached a screenshot of my burner.

My media is Verbatim CD-R capable of 48X burning. I've tried 16X to see if it makes a difference.....
My audio source is wav files
My PC is a Dell Studio XPS 435MT
64-bit Operating System with 8 GB ram
Intel i7 CPU

I have no problem burning CDs with Windows Media Player. I have the same symptoms as the previous poster:

.........."When I put the CD into a CD player is when the problems start. The CD will usually display the number of tracks and the total time on the CD, but not always - sometimes the CD player won't even touch the CD. The first track might play as expected, but then the rest of the tracks will not play - you can hear the CD player trying to "find" the groove to play the song, but it is unable to........"

I have the latest version of AVS Disc Creator: 3.5.4.397

Thanks for any help.

Kevin
Attached files:
Administrator
26.03.09 02:58:28
To: Kevin

Please try using a new disc from another manufacturer (ex. TDK) and burn at a lower speed.

In case the issue persists, would be great if you attached the .log files created after unsuccessful burning (please zip them first).

If you are using Win XP, you can find them following:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs\

For Vista: C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoBurner

Best regards
27.03.09 18:51:04
To: nadin

Nadin,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried a different CD-R vendor yet because I'm working my way through a 100pk of the Verbatim CD-Rs. Having said that, however; I've burned about 20 CDs successfully this past week with Windows Media Player at 48x so I don't think the discs are the source of the problem.

I just tried burning the CD-R with the AVS Disc Creator again. I burned with the lowest speed I could select, 16x. I have the same failure mode. The program indicates that the burn was successfull. When I play the disc I can select track 1 and 2 but nothing beyond that. I can play the disc from the begining. It will play for 15 minutes or so before before the player looses tracking and it stops.

My log files are in a different folder than the one you mentioned because I'm using AVSDiscCreator.
C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs

I looked in the logs. AVSDiscCreator thinks I'm running WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL
I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1

Here is more info on my computer. I bought it new, about 3 months old.
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Studio XPS 435MT
Rating: 5.9 Windows Experience Index
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @2.67 GHz 2.67 GHz
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1
Computer Service Tag: 6VP4YH1

I've attached my log files.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin
Attached files:
Administrator
30.03.09 03:57:20
To: Kevin

Thank you for the information. The problem has been addressed to our developers and it should take some time before the solution is found. We`d appreciate if you waited for the result.

Best regards
21.04.09 15:03:03

I have exactly the same problem when burning AudioCD. Track count and time are incorrect. More of that, sometimes track time is negative (counting backwards to the end of the whole disk) and there is no way to change it. I didn't succeeded to burn even 1 working AudioCD by now. I tried different media types and burners (LG and Asus).
Administrator
24.04.09 00:46:40
To: Phill

Could you please specify whether you use disc-at-once or track-at-once mode when burning the disc. Thank you in advance.

Regards
24.04.09 17:40:20

I used Disc-at-once mode only. Also, I always tried to burn a compilation using a music-list file (m3u).

P.S Another well-known software burns these m3u-lists without any problem.
Administrator
28.04.09 03:13:06
Phill:
Track count and time are incorrect. More of that, sometimes track time is negative (counting backwards to the end of the whole disk) and there is no way to change it.
Please could you describe your actions in more detail. Do you play the disc on your PC or in a CD player (specify its model)? What exactly you mean under "counting backwards to the end of the whole disk"? Are the tracks played in the wrong order or is this just the time viewed that is wrong. If you are playing the disc on your PC, please attach a screenshot to explain the problem.

Phill:
Also, I always tried to burn a compilation using a music-list file (m3u).
Have you tried burning files from .m3u lists only? Have you tried adding audio files to the program? Please specify their format.

Also please could you create an ISO image of the disc and attach it here.

Hope to hear from you soon
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  455