AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.09.18 07:24:14
I have been using AVS AUDIO EDITOR for more than 4 years.
I do have some various problems with it and also will be inquiring here about other DAWS in fact is AVS considered a DAW?
Anyway, my post here is about a glitch:

I have been using a barebones mic and preamp, FOCUSRITE SCARLET. i am sure you have all seen the metalic red box system.

I have never had any problems using that system with AVS audio editor.

Earlier this year, I upgraded ...big time to NEUMANN TLM 103 mic and just 2 weeks ago got a brand new APOLLO TWIN DUO windows version!

Before Apollo, i just plugged my neumann into the focusrite and tried to use AVS.

Just simply recording, it worked.

But, when I tried to record with another track in the MIX section, THE file i had in the mix simply greyed out, wouldn't play. This is important because it was a backing track i was going to record with.

So, I plugged back in the focusrite scarlett and did the same thing...no problem!

Being frustrated, I started looking at other DAWS. I found magix and just tried the above with my Neumann.
At first it did the same thing, but then gave me 3 choices for drivers. one was AOSI i think or something similar. When i selected that, it worked.

I went back to AVS software and found no option for drivers.
the help said to make sure updated drivers for the neumann were installed.
They were.
Also since my apollo is new, those drivers are new and updated.

Any strategy on how i can get my AVS AUDIO EDITOR to accept my new Neumann AND be able to use it in the mix without the other file GREYING OUT?
Would you give me your opinion on a more sophisticated software daw like magix?
It seems much more complicated than avs AND appears much more work to learn and get it down. Is it worth it?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Nat
12.09.18 09:16:11
To: TRUMPETSIZZLE

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please completely reinstall AVS4YOU software following the instructions below:

1. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

2. Download and install the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website.

Please inform about the result.

Kind regards
16.09.18 08:06:08
To: Nat
ok Nat I'll give it a try
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  132