AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
12.03.14 14:42:43
Hi Forum:

This does not happen all time but sometimes with a .flv file. The file downloads ok by when I try to change .flv to .avi file it comes up this violation. Also even though it showing up as an .flv file I do not think this is a true .flv because I downloaded with firefox helper which usually downloads true .flv files ok. When I used VLC to play the file it play but with out sound or picture. But showed up as a 40 mb file when moused over file. So my question is how do find out what kind of file it is so I can least play it even if I can not covert it to .avi? It is not mp4 file as VLC does play mp4. I do not know why it showing .flv if it not true .flv file. I should mention that your converter works perfectly when files download ok and I can play them on my VLC player! So is their any way to find out what this file really is? My converter is AVS Converter 8.1 which I am very happy with so I will not up grade my converter. I did notice one thing went trying to play the file with VLC player. It always shows up with large cone on the taskbar when playing. However when I play the this file access violation it shows small cone? I don't know what this means but will happen when ever their is access violation. I should mention it shows the bar counting seconds across but screen but nothing else. Their should be program that available that will let find out what kind of file this is after downloading?
12.03.14 21:07:41
I was wrong about the cones. Any time you play a file using the VLC player a small cone appears in the taskbar. And large cone stays on the taskbar even if their is no video being played.
Nat
17.03.14 06:29:53
To: flashdrive65

Dear user,

If the input file can not be played on any of your PC players - the file might be corrupted and thus cannot be converted.

We can only recommend you to try to update your downloader program and download the file once again.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards
17.03.14 13:13:49
To: Nat
Using AVS Converter 8.1 This file does not play video or sound but bar moves along as if it is playing. Access violation at address 0EDB128D IN MODULE 'AVSFLVFILE3.DLL. Read of address 0000000C. The file I downloaded plays in flash player but again does not convert to .AVI. Here is the information found second file 0.00% AVS Converter 8.1 Access violation address 004D2F1A in module AVSVIDEOCONVERTER.EXE. Read of address 00000028. Maybe you explain why second file does not converter .AVI? Thanks for any help. Flashdrive65
Nat
20.03.14 07:25:07
To: flashdrive65

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked.

3. Download and install the latest version of AVS Video Converter from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx

Inform about the result.

Thank you for cooperation.

Best regards.
17.05.14 21:57:35
How about disabling any security software like Norton here just to isolate the issue? Is this something that you already tried?
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  152