AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.11.08 12:35:21
just installed the newest verson of Video Editor (3.5) today, and cant get the preview to show up when "playing". it does shoe an image when stopped and when paused... but goes black when "play"

I am running XP home
I am not sue what other info I can offer to help

Thanks,
Darrin
Dam
Administrator
06.11.08 01:07:14
To: Gundy

Hello Darrin,

Gundy:
just installed the newest verson of Video Editor (3.5) today

In fact the newest version of AVS Video Editor is 4.1.1.71. That is beta version, but we are preparing the official release of it in the very nearest future. At the moment, please install AVS Video Editor 4 and inform us about the results.

Best Regards
25.03.13 22:41:04
I've been using AVS Video Editor for 2 years with no issues or problems UNTIL I downloaded the newest release a few days ago. Since downloading and installing the newest release (6.3.2.234) I am unable to play any imported media file regardless of format. The video clips play fine in other software, but as long as I am attempting to play back the video in AVS Video Editor at 1X speed the software just sits and does not play any of the video. If I change the "speed" of the playback to 2X or 0.5X (or any speed other than 1X), the playback works perfectly. This never happened with the older release of the software.

Is there a way to re-install the older release? If not, is there a work-around or a software fix for this?

Any info or assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have several projects on hold until this is resolved.

Many thanks.
Nat
26.03.13 06:09:49
To: MingoMan

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please try to completely uninstall AVS4YOU software traces from your PC following precisely the instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked.

3. Download and install the latest version of AVS Video Editor.

Try to use it and inform about the result.

Best regards.
26.03.13 13:00:58
To: Nat

I followed the directions exactly........I uninstalled everything. I installed and ran the utility to clean up everything. I downloaded and installed the Video Editor software. I activated it using my original activation key. But......I am getting the same bad results. It simply will not play any imported media file on the 1X speed. Other speeds, faster and slower, play the video fine. But 1X just sits and does nothing.

Do you have any other ideas? Is there a way I can reinstall the older release of Video Editor which was working perfectly?
29.03.13 12:39:16
I followed your directions and I am still having the same problem. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? The older version of Video Editor worked perfectly. The new release does not. Not sure what to do next. Several attempts to contact AVS has not helped. Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Nat
02.04.13 08:17:38

Dear Mike,

Do you have the same problems with all files or only one?

Can you playback the video file on some other players installed on your PC?

Try to reinstall the drivers of your video card and try to playback the video on the preview screen of AVS Video Editor.

Inform about the result please.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
02.04.13 12:14:34
- Yes, this problem exists with all video files regardless of the format. And the same videos work fine with other software. This problem started happening on the day I installed the new release of Video Editor.

Can you send me a link to the older version of Video Editor that was working perfectly? Please advise.

Thanks.
02.04.13 12:49:21
- I reinstalled the drivers and the problem still exists. It even does it with the sample project video file that comes with the software. Please advise. Thanks.
04.04.13 21:47:00

I have the same problem on a Windows 7 pro 32 bit setup.
I never had an older version so I do not know about that.
I only have the newest version of the editor 6.3.2.234
They have had me uninstall twice and reinstall twice, with no differances.

I found that if I pause a preview and then Minimize & Maximize the program window, I can see the image. That is until I play it again, then it's black. Sound plays, just black video.

I hope they figure out what dll needs repaired and release a new version
04.04.13 23:21:23
To: waytech
- I understand that there will be issues from time to time, but this is a serious problem and the AVS folks just don't seem to be concerned about it. I keep getting the same questions over and over even though I have answered them previously. I love the software, but because of this issue I have basically been forced to switch to PowerDirector software from CyberLink.
05.04.13 16:12:42

Well so far support has asked me to uninstall, re-download, and install twice.
Same troubles each time.
I have been writing programs in Visual Basic since 1985, so I am aware of issues with all the different Windows configurations out there.
I too hope that they get it figured out soon.

I wonder if I can get my money back if they don't?
Nat
09.04.13 10:25:51

Dear users,

As you have mentioned that the problem did not apprear in the previous verions of the program, let us try to find out with what release it appeared.

Please try to use the previous version of AVS Video Editor, that can be installed by double clicking on the AVSVideoEditor.exe file downloaded following the link below:
www.avsmedia.com/files/AVSVideoEditor_6.1.2.211.zip

However you will need to completely uninstall all AVS4YOU traces using this utility.

Thank you for cooperation and understanding.

Kind regards
09.04.13 15:13:48

If you reread my post, "I never had an older version so I do not know about that."

I thought I would try you link and it's broken. "404 error"
Nat
10.04.13 08:29:08

Dear user,

Sorry for the inconvenieces.

Please try to download the previous version once again:
www.avsmedia.com/files/AVSVideoEditor_6.1.2.211.zip

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
10.04.13 18:37:16

I downloaded 6.1.2.211
I uninstalled ALL my current AVS software.
I installed 6.1.2.211

Exactly the same problems.

I have uninstalled 6.1.2.211 and reinstalled the newest AVS software.
Of course the problem is still there.

I do have a support page issue ongoing on with Jack, but all he keeps having me do is uninstall and reload.

I currently have a video showing my issue uploaded to that support page.
Nat
12.04.13 12:22:26

Dear waytech,

Please try to do the following:
- reinstall your video card drivers and install the latest ones,
- reinstall your codec packs used on your PC and install the latest codec pack,
- try to change the settings in AVS Video Editor: press the Edit button on the top toolbar - choose Settings - Processing - in Intel media codec drop down menu try to choose different options (Software, Harware, Disable) and playback the video on preview with all of those settings.

Please also specify: the OS you use, your PC configurations (if possible attach screenshot), processor, video card model, codec packs used.

We greatly appreciate your help.

Kind regards
12.04.13 14:56:13

I have sent you my codex in the Support section.
Please review it here.
14.04.13 04:21:50

To:Nat

Reference Video Editor preview not working! I have a Unlimited Subscription to AVS but have not used it during the years I've had the licenses.
For the past week I have a need to use the AVS Editor. I find that the "Video Editor PREVIEW" does NOT function. I see most of the same problems
that are discussed on this forum. Black display, sound okay, can only force a picture to exhibit by activating the "next scene" icon. No response to next or
previous frame, and speed runs a rapid pace only at all settings. I have tried your suggestion to go from 6.3 to older 6.1. This doesn't work. Any suggestions please??? Desperate! S.Y.
14.04.13 04:36:58

Did you ever get any meaningful information from Nat or AVS on the matter of Editor PREVIEW malfunctions?
Have you found anything that works? S.Y.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  387