AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.01.11 02:27:32
1) Is AVS Firewall free-ware or are there any time/operations limitations?

2) I have installed AVS Firewall 2.1.1.238 before, but I couldn't find how to switch off "the learning mode" in the program: different connections are constantly trying to get access to my ip, and I got tired to reject such external attempts of incoming connections. How to ajust this?
10.01.11 02:32:08
To: Zero108

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

An answer to your questions:

1) AVS Firewall is freeware as mentioned on our website - http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Firewall.aspx

2) not sure what do you mean by learining off mode, however you can swith protection modes in Network Rules mode of AVS Firewall. Please find the details following the link below:

http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/AVS-Firewall/Features/NetworkProtection/SelectingTheSecurityMode/HighSecurity.aspx

If you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Best regards.
11.01.11 16:55:07
To: Vlad

Thank you for your reply.

Still I can't understand, how to set settings to reject all incoming connections wich are not in list of permitted connections. The page provided by you is describing how to stop all outgoing and incoming connections. But I need how to set settings to prevent only unwanted incoming connections? In more sophisticated firewalls it is called "Enable/Disable Rule Assistance (interactive learning mode)".

Otherwise, it is absolutely imossible to use your AVS firewall on the internet-gate computer, because unwanted incoming connections (with, of course) usefull connections) are being checked by the firewall almost every 10-15 seconds, and I have manually to reject them in the pop-up notification.
16.01.11 07:32:59

Hello,

I see what you mean.

Unfortunately, there is no such option as interactive learning mode in AVS Firewall. However, as a workaround a can suggest you the following:

1) Create allowing rules for useful connection, see the details here.

2) In Setting>Network Protection check Always create a premanent rule and set Deny as default permission for unhandled Alerts.

3) Uncheck "Show Alert Window" in Settings option.

Regards.
16.01.11 09:09:29
Are there any options to decide wich protocol (TCP, UDP, TCP and UDP) and direction (inbound, outbound, both) to allow or deny for any particular programm?
19.01.11 07:01:44

Hello,

Again, I'm sorry to say that there is no such option in AVS Firewall. Actually, our programs is quite simple, intended to provide protection for home users and don't have some advanced settings.

Regards.
17.07.11 00:45:18
I also had a problem turning the firewall off or deleting it. This meant I could not get the upgrades when they came along. This is not the only software with this problem. I had one helluva time with the antispam. No matter what I did I could not delete it which meant I couldn't delete other things as some how they were connected. Hence no upgrades on the antispam also.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  433