ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
08.04.12 16:17:05
To: Morestel

Thanks so much for your help!
Administrator
09.04.12 08:31:05
To: billyd

Hello,

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or any suggestions.

Best regards
06.06.12 15:20:21
Hi, I just started using the software and I have what may be a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway

I have a number of videos that are 1920x1080 and I want to downsize them to 1280x720 using video convertor 8.1. I select the 1920x1080 video file, and it displays the resolution, bit rate, frames per second, etc. When I select the desired output resolution of 1280x720 it does not change the bitrate of the output file, it keeps the settings from the last file that I converted. Is there an option that I need to select somewhere that video converter will automatically adjust the bit rate to keep the quality of the output file the same even though the video frame is smaller? Or should I just take the bit rate of the input file and divide by 2.25, which is the ratio of pixels in a 1080p screeen vs a 720p screen to determine what the bit rate of the input file should be. I may be wrong about this but it seems like if I make the bit rate too high on the output file the file size will be unnecessarily large but the video quality will not be any better.

Thanks
Lex
Administrator
07.06.12 12:28:31
To: erikr

Hello,

We advise you to use the default presets. As all parameters are already adjusted there properly.

Best regards.
08.03.12 19:03:43
Hi!

(I've checked a few other threads regarding this topic and none of them helped)

I record videos with a Canon Vixia HF M40 High Definition Camcorder. The video files are saved in MTS format on my camera and when uploaded to my computer, they appear sharp, clear and distinct. However, when I use the AVS Video Converter to change formats, the quality of the video decreases. I've converted MTS files into .AVI and .WMV using the appropriate HD Video Converter settings, and although the file converts, it looses quality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Nick

Also, I've attached the 3 different AVS Video Converter settings I used to convert my MTS file. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks a bunch! !

Computer Specs:

Windows 7
AMD Athlon ii x4 640 3.0ghz
4GB memory
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Graphics Card
Attached files:
107.89 KB
119.55 KB
123.65 KB
Lex
Administrator
09.03.12 10:49:21
To: oopalonga

Hello,

When you convert to AVI try to change bitrate to 12223.

Please inform us about the result.

Best regards.
14.03.12 19:44:37
To: Lex

Hi Lex. . .it's oopalonga (had to use my other account to post b/c this one was temporarily unaccessible). Anyhow, I made a mistake when converting the video and it turns out that it IS fairly high quality once it is uploaded to youtube.

Sorry for the inconvenience man!

Thanks for a prompt response though.

-Nick
Lex
Administrator
15.03.12 07:49:13
To: nxixcxk

You are always welcome;-)
22.10.12 18:35:35
To: Lex

I have this problem as well. I have chosen the AVI default:
Video: MPEG-4 (DivX, Xvid) 1500kbps; ...

I am happy with sound and size and even quality EXCEPT the color depth is really bad. It looks like 64k colors or worse. I can't find a color depth setting. Is Bitrate my only variable? My goal is a much smaller file with good color depth and minimal pixelation on motion.
22.10.12 18:37:33
Oh, and to add, I did put in 12332 bitrate, but this increases the size, obviously. I am therefore uncertain if this is directly related, but since my source is m2ts, it appeared to be the same problem.
Administrator
23.10.12 07:16:46
To: Dobie

Hello,

Try to use Color correction option of AVS Video Editor to avoid the issue.
Also, you can choose AVI HD Video 1080p profile when saving the video in AVS Video Editor.

Best regards
20.11.12 19:09:23
I have a whole collection of DVDs which I copied to ISO and am streaming to my TV using XBMC on my Apple TV. I plan on going Blu-Ray, but still want to preserve my DVD collection as I had paid a lot of money for it.

I do not want to leave them as ISO images, rather I want to convert them to either .MP4 or .MKV so I can stream them though the web when I am outside my home. I am using Air Playit as the streaming server.

I want to have as high quality as possible without unnecessarily making the files too big, so I had a couple of questions. I am sure that it had been asked a million times about what bit rate should be used, but through all my searches, I couldn't really get a good grasp as for answer on that one. I ran several tests and tried 2000 to 8000 Kbps and still couldn't come up with an answer, but am thinking that I will go with 6000 Kbps, for no specific reason, so please advise.

Secondly, I understand that DVDs are 720x480, however, I have a 2nd generation Apple TV 2 which is 720p, but I will be buying the Apple TV 3 which is capable of full 1080p HD. My current TV is also 720p, but that will soon be upgraded to a full 1080p as well. So, should I keep the DVD rips in their native resolution or save them in 1280x720 or 1920x1080 to make them slightly future proof? Is there really a difference?

Basically, the ISOs are going to go and I want to keep as high a quality as I possibly can without unnecessarily burdening my storage capacity.
Administrator
21.11.12 05:38:07
To: miroesq

Hello,
You can convert DVD to .mp4 or .mkv in AVS Video Converter.
Here are guidelines on converting DVDs.
Here is the list of formats that are supported by AVS Video Converter.

Please note, that we recommend keeping the settings of the original files (frame size, frame rate, bitrate) to achieve the best output quality possible.
Increasing these parameters will not lead to a better quality.
Click here for guidelines on converting between different file formats.

Best regards
18.12.12 14:00:54
Hi ,

If i record from my tv , it always come with 720x576 resolution .TS file.
And the problem is how i'am gonna get it with a good resolution (with fits the full screen) after the rendering (producing) in AVI.
If i select FILE and then with MPEG it's perfect but too big , If i select DISC and then DIVX/XVID it's not perfect quality its good but in 2 files?
So somebody knows how to render 720x576 resolution .TS file in good quality in AVI?
Nat
19.12.12 07:16:11
To: Trabzon

Dear User,

Please try to do the folowing: select AVI file format as an output in AVS Video Converter, press the Advanced button - Convertion Options tab - and in Output file settings select the DivX/XviD video codec, also set the bitrate, frame size and frame rate settings to be the same as in input file to preserve the quality of the converted video.

To change the Aspect ratio of the video file please press the Aspect Correction tab, try changing the input and output aspect settings (you can try to correlate the input and output aspect also) and choose the most suitable for your (you will be able to see the changes on the preview window of the Aspect Correction tab).

Inform about the result of your convertion.

Kind regards
13.11.11 03:58:03
First off, I absolutely LOVE all of the AVS Video Tools, and for the price of the Unlimited Subscription, this almost feels like a steal. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I use the Video Converter, Video Editor, and Video ReMaker software to merge videos downloaded from YouTube. I'm a fan of the video playthoughs of various videogames and use a plugin with Google Chrome to download the multi-part videos in the hopes of converting them into one single video file that I can then copy over to my PS3 and watch on my HD Setup on a big screen TV.

An issue that I commonly run into, however, when doing this happens when the video/audio parameters used by the uploader differs from one video to the next. As a result, I am unable to use the Video ReMaker tool which merges video files much, MUCH quicker than the Video Editor and/or Video Converter software do.

In a future edition of this software, particularly the AVS Video Converter software, would it be possible to "copy" the parameters from one video file for use in converting a different video? This way, the one or two videos that are not in the same format as the bulk of the files can be converted into that specific format thus allowing me to then merge the video files using the AVS Video ReMaker software. The ability to do this would make this software the absolute best software out there for the purposes I use it.
14.11.11 13:17:10
To: Jdurg

Hello,

First of all, thank you for such positive feedback about our software. We appreciate it.

And thank you for your suggestion, but, actually in Advanced>Conversion Options tab you can see al the properties of input video file, set the same for output and save as custom profile. Thus you will be able to get properties of one video file, save them as output profile and then convert other videos selecting this profile for output. Finally, you will be able to have several videos with the same properties and merge them quickly in AVS Video ReMaker.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
19.11.11 02:05:52
Vlad:

Hello,

First of thank you for such positive feedback about our software. We appreciate it.

And thank you for your suggestion, but, actually in Advanced>Conversion Options tab you can see al the properties of input video file, set the same for output and save as custom profile. Thus you will be able to get properties of one video file, save them as output profile and then convert other videos selecting this profile for output. Finally, you will be able to have several videos with the same properties and merge them quickly in AVS Video ReMaker.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.

Holy good lord I did not know this! This is really going to help me out, and makes this software that much better. Thank you!
22.05.12 21:23:12

Same here. I was playing around until I was able to try this myself. Thanks! :-)
06.12.08 01:48:07
What would be the best format and settings to have near perfect quality for my videos? I upload and share videos on www.viddyou.com and size of the files is not so much a issue since they let me upload up to a GB. Mp4 does not like my action shots, WMV produces big files, and the quality varies.

What should I use? I record on a Sony Harddrive Camera, and the files come out as mpg-2 when I upload them.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  186