AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
08.09.10 00:10:26
To: henkploeg

What video specifications does your TV need to play back via USB?

Also what is the resolution and quality like of the original file?

Because if it is low resolution or of poor quality. No amount of conversion or trying to upscale it is going to fix this.

Common rule of thumb in video producing is.

Garbage In Garbage Out.
08.09.10 01:11:26
I make the movies in high quality.
Recorded on a Sony HDV camera, edited by Premiere Pro and saved as AVI.
The TV has to play those in AVI, so the manual instructions say.
But it doesn't.
In store I bought the TV they told me the file has to be MPEG4.
So I wanna convert it to MPEG4 in the same quality as AVI.
AVS4YOU must can do that, but on which settings?
08.09.10 02:38:32
The tv supports the next formats;
(Just get from Philips)

MPEG-4 Part 2 SP (Single Profile)
MPEG-4 Part 2 ASP (Advanced Single Profile) with V-BOP
MPEG-4 Part 2 with V-BOP and 4 Motion Vectors
Max. Bit-rate: average 4000
Max. Macroblocks per second: 40500
Video Buffer Size: 384k bytes

Video codec MPEG 4:
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC [same as MPEG-4 Part 10]
MPEG-4 Part 2

or:
MKV Video Codec:
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC [same as MPEG-4 Part 10]

Is there a setting in AVS4YOU to convert avi to one of these?
Experienced User
08.09.10 03:55:36
To: henkploeg

There is custom settings that you can change to suit your needs.

All you do to access these is press the Produce button.

When the next screen is presented to you click on File press next.

On the next screen select Video: MPEG-4 (DivX, Xvid), 1500kbps; Audio: MP3, 192 kbps or some other preset if you wish.

Then click on the Advanced button

From here the Advanced configuration window is expanded and you can now select whatever settings you would like. You may have to play around with these until you get something that you are happy with.

If it was me. I would just produce a small file to save time. Play this on your TV and then when you are happy with the results apply these settings to your main project.

Don't forget to save your custom settings to your own profile name for later retrieval and use with any other projects that you create.
29.09.10 23:41:25
Hi,

I'm after ideas for ways to join vids without altering their compression levels too much. eg. suppose you want to join two files, both created with the same encoder and compression settings. I choose AVI as target and the default MPEG4 (DivX/XviD) video encoder. This lets one select to maintain frame size and rate, but the choice of bit rate still seems to require setting. The MPEG4 advanced settings window still requires one either choose some nominal bitrate, or target quantizer value - is there some way to set these to be close to (or same as) in the original files?

Stu.
30.09.10 06:33:50
To: sTu_Deimus

Hello,

I would recommend you to use AVS Video ReMaker to join the files as this program do the job without re-conversion and keeps original parameters of the source video. You can use this guide to perform the task.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
30.12.10 17:51:38
There are so many formats to choose from. When producing your project, which option will make the best quality video, in a format suitable for uploading to youtube?
Experienced User
01.01.11 04:59:53
To: alodude

Your choice should be guided on what the original resolution is of your video or a resolution lower than this. Don't make the mistake of trying to encode your movie at a higher resolution than what the original source file is as it won't look right.
04.01.11 04:23:02
To: CybaGirl
Well I use fraps in 1360x768 resolution, whatever all that means.
06.01.11 00:36:47
To: alodude

I would recommend you to produce your project to AVI format, where you can find special profile - HD Video for Youtube.
16.04.11 21:31:19
I just bought the package tonight and I have need some quick help.

I used the AVS Convertor to convert WMV files produced from PowerPoint to FLV files. The quality of the FLV are excellent, as is the WMV. However, when I import them into the AVS Video Editor the quality is terrible, the previews make the text in the presentation look heavily aliased or pixelated. I am trying to combine multiple FLVs into one and save it as an FLV (Importing into Adobe Connect).

I can find no settings for import quality and am at a loss as to how to get the files into the editor without what appears to be heavy compression. Any odeas would be appreciated.

Thanks
18.04.11 07:44:51
To: asunc

Hello,

Actually, if your FLV files have high resolution, their quality will be reduced on preview (for fast preview). Then if you produce files, quality will be kept. Similar problem discussed in this topic.

I would better recommend you to join several FLV files into one using AVS Video ReMaker program. Please special user guide to perform the task.

Regards.
01.08.11 23:00:02
Hi,

I'm wondering what the optimal picture size is for the display utilized in the AVS Video Editor.

The reason I ask is because it seems that while my photos (being between 3 - 5 Mbs) can be viewed fine in the AVS Photo Editor, when they are viewed in a video production the quality is very low.

I've included 3 files:

1) Original Photo

2) Photo as seen in Photo Editor

3) Photo as shown in Video Editor

Please advise.

Thanks!

Pastor Lonnie
03.08.11 05:08:29
To: PastorLonnie

Dear Pastor Lonnie,

Actually, when you drop a photo with large resolution to Timeline it is cached to lowerquality image for faster preview, but it just on preview. When you produce final video the original photo will be converted to video, not lower-preview copy.

I hope it explaines.

Best regards.
02.08.11 00:24:44
I have put together an animated short film using AVS Video Editor and want to produce a DVD that will be good enough quality to play on a theatre screen.

For best results should I use the DISC category and selct high quality DVD, or would I be better selecting FILE, then MPEG and producing a HD quality Video (Which i can then burn to DVD)?

I would really appreciate any advice.
03.08.11 05:14:24
To: Christopher Mort

Hello,

It depends on your source files for the film. If you edit standard quality videos, I would recommend you saving to DVD and if you edit HD video files, it's better to save them to HD (by the way, you can choose blu-ray option in Disc and burn it to DVD disc).

Best regards.
23.11.11 09:19:33
Whats a good compression to use for converting movies for use on a dvd player. In the past years it was Divx. I want quality with out going over the top & compression but not extreme.
Bob
24.11.11 10:58:11
amerifax:
Whats a good compression to use for converting movies for use on a dvd player. In the past years it was Divx.

Please see the details how to convert movies to Divx or xviD video in our special user guide.

You may also convert movies to DVD format as described here to watch them on DVD player.
20.11.11 15:59:28
My issue is that my Sony Cam is M2TS format and when I try to convert to DVD the video quality is very poor. I do not see any way to specify quality settings to do a better conversion. The aspect ratio looks fine, audio is ok but the video looks very grainy. Would appreciate any advice to see what I am doing wrong.

The finished product of my video is only 1GB. When I try to "Produce" the final version and select DVD the "Advanced" option is greyed out. I would like to set the quality of the conversion if possible to use the entire DVD if that is what it takes to get better quality but don't see how I can modify it.

My original HD files look really good, 1920x1080

The finished product is 720x480

Any tips or help is appreciated to get the best quality conversion
21.11.11 12:41:06
To: mike.maloney63@gmail.com

Hello,

DVD video is standard definition video, so you will certainly loose the quality converting HD files to DVD.

Advanced setting are not availabel as DVD video must have standard properties to be played on DVD player. There are 4 standard quality presets - High Quality, Good Quality, Standard Play and Long Play.

The option to change Aspect Ratio is available on Timeline, please find the details here. I suppose your m2ts files have 16x9 aspect ratio, so you should select the same in the project.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  264