AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.09.08 10:57:11
Hello everyone! i am Mr. Malte Aronsson from Sweden and I am new here.
I wonder if you could help me?

When I record films from TV on my DVD recorder, this recorder's files are .vob files.
If I want to remove advertisements etc from films, I understand I have to upload the files to my computer and then convert the files to .mpeg before they can be authored.

This is no problem, most programs are able to convert from .vob to .mpeg without loosing quality (at least it doesn't look like any loss of quality).

When these files are authored and ready I save them as .mpeg files.

Then I want to burn the files back to a new dvd disc. But before this is done, I believe the .mpeg files must be converted back to .vob files again.... and here comes the problem ...

I haven't found any software (even though I've done extensive search for many days) that is able to convert .mpeg files to .vob files.

I have the software AVS Video Converter 6 that came with the computer, however when I choose the button "to DVD", the output will still be a .mpeg file! May be this software is not useful?

Any tips or ideas on this topic would be highly appreciated. I'm stuck here, not knowing what to do.

Thanks all!!!

/Malte
Dam
Administrator
26.09.08 07:32:52
Hello Malte,

stuckinsnow:
If I want to remove advertisements etc from films, I understand I have to upload the files to my computer and then convert the files to .mpeg before they can be authored.

There is no need to reconvert them. With AVS Video ReMaker you can use VOB as an input file. For more information about editing with AVS Video ReMaker, please follow this link to AVS Online Help.

stuckinsnow:
I have the software AVS Video Converter 6 that came with the computer, however when I choose the button "to DVD", the output will still be a .mpeg file!

That is strange.
Please make sure that you convert your files in the right way.

So, to convert to DVD, please:
1. Launch AVS Video Converter and choose the input file
2. Press To DVD button and select the necessary presets
3. Convert Now!

As an output files you have to receive a DVD Video_TS folder.

Best Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  28