AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Administrator
19.02.09 05:28:16
To: LJM

Please provide us with the same information:

nadin:
- if the program crashes when you convert only one particular file / files of a particular format / all the files;
- format, origin and size of the files you are trying to convert

If you get any error message, please make a screenshot of the error and attach it here.

Hope to hear from you soon
LJM
20.02.09 03:59:44
To: LJM
The crash occurs with all DVD conversions. Typically, a conversion straight from the DVD itself is a file size from about 4 to 7 GB. However, I have also tried compressing first via DVD Shrink with the same crash results. I have attempted both WMV and MP2 conversions. My system - HP m9300t, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2.4 GHz, 3.00 GB RAM, 64-bit. Wondering -- could it be that I simply don't have enough RAM and need more than 3GB? The conversion runs way faster than the older AVS Conversion that I had on XP. Therefore, maybe all I need is additional RAM. But don't want to spend the money unless it seems logical.
Thanks,
LJM
Administrator
25.02.09 03:24:36
LJM:
However, I have also tried compressing first via DVD Shrink with the same crash results.
Do you mean you have attempted to convert DVDs less than 4 Gb in size saved on your hard disc and system crash occured as well?
Does your PC restart immediately after the crash or do you get any error?

Please also provide us with some additional information:
- Launch Task Manager prior to conversion, then start converting your movie and make a screenshot of the Performance tab.
- Make a screenshot of the Processes tab as well.
- Specify the OS you are using (Win XP or Vista, system pack, 32- or 64-bit).
- Also we need detailed system information. Please use AVS System Info, generate a report and attach it here.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Administrator
25.03.09 03:05:57
jedimike:
Not compatable with 64 bit OBVISOUSLY.

Actually AVS Video Converter v.6 is compatible with Vista 64-bit. So please could you provide us with the same information:

- Does the program crash when you try to convert only one particular file / files of a particular format / all the files?
- Specify format, origin and size of the files you are trying to convert.
- Does your PC restart immediately after the crash or you get any error? (attach a screenshot)
- Launch Task Manager prior to conversion, then start converting your movie and make a screenshot of the Performance tab.
- Also we need detailed system information. Please use AVS System Info, generate a report and attach it here.

jedimike:
Runs find but super slow on my laptop hp satallite Centrinio chip, vista 32.

Please note that conversion speed depends on various factors, such as size and quality of your input file, which presets you select when converting the file, if there are any programs running parallel to AVS Video Converter, your PC configuration a.o. Under some circumstances it is normal that conversion process takes quite a long period of time.

Best regards
Administrator
26.03.09 02:09:49
To: jedimike

Please could you upload one of these files to our FTP server for testing (check up the support page for the instruction).

Apart from that, we still need the following information:
nadin:

Administrator
31.03.09 04:13:33
jedimike:
I had to go to C:\Program Files(86)\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX folder.
That`s fine that you saved the .dll to this folder.

jedimike:
I tried program anyway and it still crashed as soon as conversion started.
Do you mean the problem occured as soon as you hit the Convert Now button? Please describe your actions step by step and attach a screenshot of the error you got (this is a very important information we really need to know!).

Secondly, open one of your .m2ts files in AVS Video Converter, choose the preset you would like to use during conversion, then click on Advanced > File Information and attach a screenshot of this window.

Also it would be great, if you still sent us an example of the .m2ts file. You can upload just a part of it (check up the support page for more information).

02.04.09 20:26:19
To: nadin

Thanks for all your help but I brought the computer back to the store and got a laptop that still had 32 bit vista.
Program works great, just not as fast as I had hoped. I hope you get this problem fixed because after you fix this
problem and Windows 7 comes out, I'll probably build a desktop to run your program faster.
03.04.09 00:15:46
I have the same problem with this latest version. I've tried converting several AVI files to DVD format and they all hang my computer. The attached picture had to be snapped with a camera and posted here because the system was frozen.

What a crock!

Please deliver to me a working version of the software I paid for, AVS4YOU Video Converter 6.2, or provide me with an unlimited license for version 5.6 at a discount. Right now you have left me with neither operating revision of software.

Not a happy camper,
Eviscerata
Attached files:
Administrator
03.04.09 04:02:30
To: Eviscerata

We do not provide our customers with the old versions of AVS software, as they might cause severe problems when used along with the other newest AVS programs. We`d recommend you to use v.6 and are looking forward to resolving this issue. But we need some more information and would appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Eviscerata:
I've tried converting several AVI files to DVD format and they all hang my computer.
Are these files from the same source? Do you have problems when converting AVI files only? Please could you send us an example of your AVI file (I will contact you per e-mail with the instruction) and specify the exact preset you have chosen to convert the file.

Apart from that, please attach your PC configuration (you can use AVS System Info to generate a report and attach it here) and specify the OS installed on your computer (XP or Vista, service pack, 32- or 64-bit).

We will do some testing and try to clear up the problem.

Best regards
03.04.09 14:45:31

I have responded to your email. The only files I have tried with version 6.2 have been avi files. They were two different files that ran just fine as avi movies so there didn't seem to be any corruption that would cause a problem.

As I stated in my email, I was not asking for you to give me revision 5.6 with an unlimited license. I previously owned 5.6 and all of a sudden it stopped working after a year. It was not clear to me when I purchased the one-year license that the program would become useless after the year ended. Okay, so I'm forced to upgrade to version 6.2. I am determined not to repeat my "one-year termination of service" mistake with 6.2 so I selected the unlimited license. But this new software doesn't work for me! I was just asking to apply the unlimited license to the previously-working revision 5.6. If you can resolve the version 6.2 failures, that's fine, otherwise please consider my proposal.

Thanks for your attention.

Eviscerata
09.04.09 10:28:15
im also running vista 64 and having same damn problems and much more
09.04.09 10:29:13
To: terrikimsey@yahoo.com
:-(
23.10.08 12:49:22
I'm running Windows 7 beta 7068 64 bit and was able to use this program exactly three times. After that, every time I go to convert to WMV from MKV, I get "An internal error has occurred (error code: 13)" and I cannot figure out a way to fix it. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and install to different directories and use the repair feature and use the compatibility mode and run as administrator. I have tried changing from Windows Media 9 Pro to Windows Media 9 and Windows Media 8 video codec, as well as WMA and WMA Advanced. I'm sorry, but this program is pretty much fail...

Computer specs

Windows 7 beta 7068 64 bit
2.00 GHz Intel Centrino Processor
4.00 GB RAM

Also, it does this error on WMV converting, no clue about others, cause I don't use them, nor could I use them.
Attached files:
318.28 KB
23.10.08 12:49:22
To: uss ducky

wow, not much activity in here, eh? I tried this on my Vista computer and the audio issue was sorted for the most part, but when I went in to change to some other setting and went to convert again the "Internal error was encountered (error code:13)" was in my way once again.

Computer notes

Windows Vista SP1 32 bit
Intel VIIV 2.13 GHz processor
2.00 GB RAM
Administrator
13.04.09 03:53:35
To: uss ducky

Please try saving the .dll attached to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX
If you are asked whether you would like to overwrite the existing .dll, click on Yes.

Then run the Repair utility in order to register the .dll:
1. Close AVS Video Converter and all other running programs and applications.
2. Next follow Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Repair.

Write back whether this solution is helpful

(The .dll has been deleted, as it has been included into the latest update. Update AVS files following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager)
04.04.10 09:53:31
I need help my avs convertor stopped working after system clean up. when i reinstalled the programme it will not allow me to concert anything only avi files
any ideas??
05.04.10 04:31:20
To: evabowdenwade@hotmail.com

Hello,

Could you please specify what is the problem exactly? Cannot not you select other formats for conversion? Are they disabled?

Please run repair from menu Start>All Programs>ASV4YOU>Repair and inform us how many dll's were not loaded.

Regards.
08.04.10 13:49:39
Hello,

I used the video converter for a couple of files and it worked well.
Closed the program and came back soon after to open it again.
The little box with the AVS logo and the name of the program appeared but it stopped opening there and the dialog box "Video Editor has stopped working" came up. The program then does not open.

This happens maybe 60% of the time and there is no reason/changes between when it does and does not have this error. Times when it does open normally, it functions perfectly with no problems.

PLEASEEEE HELP, anyone! I am looking to buy the proper version because I have silly unmanageable .m2ts files and I need to convert them rather urgently and I really need/want this program to work. ARGGHH.

Thank you.
10.04.10 04:16:07
To: new_new

Hello,

Possible solution has been given to you in our support system. Please log into it using your e-mail and password sent to your e-mail.

Regards.
13.09.10 09:08:20
I am trying to convert a 1.90GB .mts file to a .mov file type with the AppleTV profile. It crashes after a few minutes... I haven't had problems with .mts files in the past but they were only about 500-800Mb. Is it a size issue?

Thanks!

AVS Video Converter version 6.4.4.420
Original Video = 1.90GB

Error: Video Converter has stoped working
Problem Details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AVSVideoConverter.exe
Application Version: 6.4.4.420
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4927