AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
27.03.11 06:16:24
Could you please make it possible for the user to delete unwanted transitions and effects from the lists in AVS Video Editor and AVS Video ReMaker.

I only ever use about 4 or 5 different types of transition, but it's really hard to find the ones that I like because I have to keep scrolling though a long list of other transitions. I know that I will never use those other transitions or effects, so having to search through them all the time is annoying.

It would therefore be great if each user could completely remove the effects and transitions that they don't want. This will make the transition and effect lists shorter and easier to navigate. The lists will also be more useful because they will only contain the items that the user wants.

Thanks
29.03.11 04:18:54
To: Quisquose

Thanks for the suggestion... However, how do you return effects and transitions back, if you need once some new for variety?

Also, you can sort transitions and effects by catergories and find necesaary transitions easily.
29.03.11 13:06:13
To: Vlad
Hi Vlad, it depends on how the developers want to implement it.

I can think of 3 ways:

1. Removing a transition or effect permanently deletes the associated files from hard disk. This saves space by removing unwanted files from the hard disk. If you want to get those files back then you have to re-run the program installation. User settings are already retained on subsequent installs of AVS software, so if the installation is run again then only the missing files would be added.

2. Transitions and effects could be read from disk and then only listed in the UI if the file is present. (It would be best if this was only done when the user goes to the effect or transition page, rather than reading from disk every time program is launched). The user could then move individual transition files out of the default folder (meaning that they will no longer be seen by the program and therefore will no longer be listed in the list of effects/transitions). In order to get them back the user just copies the files back to their default location. They will then be detected by the program and will therefore appear back in the list of transitions and effects.

3. Allow the user to edit the display list of transition and effect names but without deleting or moving the associated files. Seeing as no files are moved or deleted it would be easy to include a re-set option that would revert the list to show all transitions/effects again. Even better than a 're-set' option would be to have two lists: 'Hide' and 'Show'. By moving an individual effect or transition from the 'Show' list to the 'Hide' list it will no longer displays in the UI. To get a particular effect or transition back the user would just move the name from the 'Hide' list back to the 'Show' list.

By the way Category sorting does not help if you only ever use, say, 3 effects in total and they all are from different categories. Its still annoying to have to rummage through all those unwanted entries. Much better to let the user decide what they want to see. Users who like to have the maximum amount of transitions don't need to do anything because that's how the program will be by default. But it would be good to have another option for those of us who don't want dozens of useless effects.

Thanks
01.04.11 05:49:03

Deleting and returning effects is not a correct way of working with them. It would it be better to have Favourites option or something like that where users can add transitions and effects they use most frequently and then just work with Favourites. Don't you agree?
That is what I can suggest developers.
01.04.11 09:16:32
To: Vlad

Hi Vlad,

I don't have a particular preference for the method of implementation, just as long as I don't have to see any of the effects or transitions that I don't use (in other words, the clutter is removed from the user interface to make it cleaner). The point of my request is to clean up and simplify the working space, not to add more clutter to it with yet another list.

For example, it would not be an improvement to have to go to the transitions list and then scroll through to find my favourites folder and only then be able to see my shortlist of chosen transitions. That would be too cumbersome (because you're still having to searching through stuff that will never be used). I'd like to be able to access transitions and effects using standard means (such as the buttons above the time line) and on doing so to immediately be presented with only useful entries.

If you keep all the existing items on display and then just make another extra group for favourites, that just defeats the purpose.

My suggestion would be for a section to be added to the Settings dialog (maybe called "Plugins", or something similar) and then every transition and effect would be listed there with a checkbox beside it. The user can then disable (and hide) any that they don't want to see. Obviously, any empty groups should be completely hidden as well (e.g. the program should not display the "Mosaic" group folder if all mosaic transitions have been hidden by the user). Hiding empty folders will prevent a long list of empty folders from being displayed in the main Transitions window.

All effects and transitions will be visible by default on first install, and beginners will not be confused by this new feature because they won't even know that it's there unless they go looking for it in the Settings dialog. However, for those users who do want it, they can go to the Plugins section of the Settings dialog and hide as few or as many effects and transitions as they want, thereby removing all trace of them from the user interface (until such time as they chose to show the effect or transition again by re-ticking the relevant checkbox).

I hope that this clarifies my proposal a bit more.

Thanks for listening and for giving the idea consideration.
05.04.11 05:39:49

Thanks. Now I see what you mean. Let's see if other users also need this feature.
16.04.11 09:17:34
Why not do Transitions like you do Text effects? When you have a preset that you've modified you can save it and it becomes a Favorite. Why not be able to drag and drop your most used Transitions into a Favorites folder so all of your most used Transitions are right there and you won't have to search through all those Transitions again
19.04.11 07:59:11
To: akflyer@boatshopak.com

That's good suggestion, thanks*SUPER*
05.05.11 04:07:51
Yes please add some feature to sort or filter this.
There are MUCH too many transition effects - I often have to look a long time to find the one I want.
That's annoying.
29.08.14 17:54:45
Ha sthis feature been added already with the current version out by any chance?
Nat
05.09.14 14:36:09
To: mikewashtm

Dear user,

Unfortunately for now it is still not possible to delete effects and transitions.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  141