AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
24.08.10 05:14:45
To: torchwood

Jen,

Could you please specify what exact settings you select in for h.264 codec option of AVS Video Converter when you get this error? Please attach a screenshot.

We will try repeating and fix it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
01.08.10 12:40:39
Hi,

I've been trying to do a 2 pass h.264 conversion for a while now and I can't get it to work. The first pass works fine, and it saves the .pass file as well as a small "video file" output that doesn't actually play. When I go to do the Nth pass though, it keeps telling me that it can't perform the conversion with these settings. I think my problem lies in what I'm entering as my input for the Nth pass, but I've tried everything. I tried using the original video as the input while keeping the "stats file" with the same name as the one the first pass created (cause I'm under the impression it's asking for which file to read, not what to call a second export .pass file), as well as trying it while changing the name of the stats file. I also tried to use that "video file" (I use quotes cause there's no actual video in it, but my computer sees it as a .mkv) as the input, but all that does is freeze AVS indefinitely before I even get the chance to start the conversion.

Could anyone tell me exactly how to do a multi-pass conversion? I already read the online guide on how to do it and it doesn't help because all it tells me is to essentially set the right parameters and hit convert.
02.08.10 03:28:46
To: awhitey2291@aol.com

Hello,

To do a multi-pass conversion you should input the original video file only once at first step. To perform the second step you don't need to re-open video file in AVS Video Converter or open ouput file. Please use step by step guide from this link to perfrom multi-pass conversion.

I hope it helps.

Regards.
25.09.08 00:22:01
Is there a "how-to" on doing multi-pass encoding? I don't seem to be doing it right and I can't seem to find directions on how to configure the Converter 6 itself to make two passes.

Thanks
Dam
Administrator
26.09.08 01:08:49
To: michael@lodman.com

Hello,

Please follow this link for the information.

Best Regards
26.09.08 18:37:10
To: That link took me to a totally irrelevant topic. Could you please try again?
29.09.08 04:59:51
To: michael@lodman.com

Hello,
unfortunately, we haven't got a how to or a guide on this topic - it is going to appear on our site in the near future.
Nevertheless, you can do a multi-pass conversion with AVS4YOU programs (AVS Video Converter as well) although it is not that obvious, as with a single-pass conversion and cannot be done fully automatically. You can read the Online Help codecs section to find out how to do that using AVS Video Converter.
Feel free to write if there is something unclear in the documentation we will be glad to hear all your suggestions.
Best regards.
20.08.10 20:10:22
Multi-Pass H.264

It didn't work when I downloaded the latest version. I had to find a DLL here in the forums and it still doesn't really work. I know tech support might want all the details and settings but basically it doesn't work with DEFAULT settings or my own.

I want to convert DVD VOB'S to high-quality H.264 mp4's (via Multi-Pass) and every try it begins encoding on the first pass and creates a finished mp4 (along with the h226.temp file). If I change the advanced setting for Nth pass, I get the error I posted in my previous post.

I just want to know if this feature is still in beta because that is the main reason I purchased it and I need a refund.

-jen
23.08.10 07:16:09

Dear Jen,

We apologize for the late response.

Sorry, but it is not clear from your posts - did the new dll on our forum help you or not?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.
23.08.10 09:34:43
To: Vlad

Hi Vlad,
The dll does allow the multi-pass conversion to work (sometimes). Its very erratic, sometimes it works, often I will wait for the first pass to finish but when I start the second pass I get ""The Conversion with the Selected Output format settings cannot be done..".

All of these conversions are from ripped DVD folders (VOB files), and often they won't work the first try but work the second. I want to put my DVD's on a media server and that is the only reason I purchased this program. Now I find free tools that do this task faster and better.

This is why I asked if this feature was still beta.

Thanks,
jen
24.08.10 05:29:49

Ok, let's discuss the problem in the old thread.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  334