AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.02.10 03:16:04
I'm very interested in AVS video remaker. It is just what I need to cut and merge AVCHD clips. I installed the trial but 3 out of 8 files could not be imported. If another file was already imported and I try to add the problematic file then a message appeared stating that this was due to different framesize and if trying to import the problematic file as a first file then the message appeared: unknown codex.... but.. the files were straight from the camera... with no difference and playing with all media players I have installed. All clips the same.

I'm using the CANON EOS 500D 720p 30fps, it is in the .mov container. The Canon software re-encodes.... so I don't want to use it.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Administrator
15.02.10 04:02:29
To: ronalddegroot

During recording your camera encodes files using variable parameters depending on the situation, so the files might be a little different. The current version of AVS Video ReMaker allows you to edit files with similar parameters only, therefore you fail to remake some of the files together. We are planning to release the new version of the program soon which must eliminate this drawback.

For the time being you can try using AVS Video Editor instead.

Kind regards
15.02.10 05:18:48
To: nadin

Thank you very much for this answer!! I will wait for the next version then.
Merge and cutting the clips easily without re-encoding will be a huge relieve.
In the mean time also try the AVS Video Editor.
Ronald
29.01.11 15:04:06
Hello,
is there a new version of ReMaker out in the mean time being more flexible in parameter variations? Probably not, because I have the newest version and I can't "ReMake" files from my Canon Legria HF20 which were taken with same camera settings.
Can you please post any update here?
Best regards,
Rolf Schlagenhaft

nadin:
To: ronalddegroot

During recording your camera encodes files using variable parameters depending on the situation, so the files might be a little different. The current version of AVS Video ReMaker allows you to edit files with similar parameters only, therefore you fail to remake some of the files together. We are planning to release the new version of the program soon which must eliminate this drawback.

For the time being you can try using AVS Video Editor instead.

Kind regards
Al
Support Manager
31.01.11 04:52:34
To: RolfSchlagenhaft

RolfSchlagenh...:
Probably not, because I have the newest version and I can't "ReMake" files from my Canon Legria HF20 which were taken with same camera settings.

Thanks for the info.
We do not currently have the solution for that issue, so I'd recommend to edit your videos in Video Editor, saving the project as HD video
You can also use AVS Video Converter for merging the files (there are few editing features in the Video Converter)
01.02.11 11:06:52
To: Al

Hello Al,

thanks for the info. Video Editor unfortunately is not really a good option, because processing takes so much longer than with Video ReMaker - at least on my machine.

But anway, I found a workaround, I'd like to share here:
1.step: I concatenate the clips with the original software from Canon "ImageMixer 3" into a single file. I don't perform any cutting with ImageMixer, because it's rather unpractical to do so.
2.step: I load this new single file into ReMaker and perform the cutting very conveniently.

In total this still leads to very effective processing times.

Rolf
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  380