AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
01.01.10 06:57:57
Hi,

I'd like to see some of the features that the Windows DVD Maker program has included in all the AVS DVD video recording programs. Those features are:

Flex recording: this feature gives you better video quality on files shorter than 2 hours or 4 hours. In the AVS programs you just have the 60, 90, 120, 240 minute recording modes. In Windows DVD Maker you can burn files that total up to 150 minutes and the program creates a DVD with the DVD filled no matter if the video is shorter than 2 hours. For example, if you have a video that runs 1 hour 40 minutes, the burning is adjusted to fill the entire DVD instead of just using a 2 hour mode with 20 minutes of unused blank space on the burned DVD. A 2 hour 12 minute video fills the DVD without having to use a 4 hour mode. This gives you better video quality.

More recording time options: this is the second best choice to using the flex modes described above. Add recording options for 150 and 180 minute modes. These choices are great if you have a video that runs 2 hours, 10 minutes. You would get better video quality using a 2 hour 30 minute mode than using a 4 hour mode. If you have a flex mode in the programs then the 2 hour 10 minute video would fill the entire DVD giving you the best possible video quality for that length video.

You are just too limited having only 60, 90, 120 and 240 minute modes. I have a lot of lacrosse videos that I'd like to convert from VHS to DVD and most of them run around 2 hours 15 minutes to 3 hours so I'd definitely like to see recording modes that would give me better video quality than having to use the 240 minute mode.

Hope you will consider adding these options so we can get better video quality on odd length videos. Thanks!
Administrator
10.01.10 04:04:04
rollerreftom:
Hope you will consider adding these options so we can get better video quality on odd length videos.
We will! We'll do our best to offer the options mentioned in AVS DVD Authoring in future.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  385