AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.11.08 13:00:09
I thought I saw that one of the AVS video products would convert JPGs into a Slideshow and burn to DVD.

I don't know what kind of DVD player this will play on, so I can't depend on the player being able to
read JPGs and make it's own slide show.

My workaround was to purchase a low cost JPG -> AVI product, then use AVS to convert the AVI to a DVD,
but I'd rather not purchase anything new if I don't have to.
Dam
Administrator
14.11.08 00:57:51
To: g_gallen@hotmail.com

Hello,

g_gallen@hotm...:
JPG -> AVI product, then use AVS to convert the AVI to a DVD,

I'd recommend you to use AVS Video Editor. That will allow you to create a slideshow and save it directly into DVD format.

Best Regards
14.11.08 00:58:51
I'd like to take jpeg images from my DSLR camera and conert them to video. My camera has the ability to take a new picture on a given interval so I'd like to make a time elapsed movie. Is there a way with ether the editor or the converter to do that?
03.07.08 19:18:40
High,

I try to create a slides show with some pictures and I try to find a way to zoom in my pictures while executing the slides show.

In other words, what I want to do is zooming from a complete picture at the begining of the display duration to a smaller part of the picture until the end of the display duration of the picture.

I browse the online help and tutorials on the AVS4YOU web site but have'nt read anything on this subject so far.

Can you help me?
Dam
Administrator
04.07.08 03:25:23
To: brissham@hotmail.com

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have a special preset for zooming to a certain part of the image.
There is a zoom effect in the AVS Video Editor, but that zooms to the center of the picture.

To apply zoom effect, please:
1. Select the Video Effects button in Create Movie menu panel.
2. Navigating among effects reflected in Media Library select the Transform Zoom effect icon.
3. Drag and drop it to the workspace or click the Add Effect button.
4. Select magnitude of zoom.
5. Set fade-in and fade-out limits on the Timeline.
6. Preview the result using Main Preview window.

In any case, thank you for the suggestion. At the moment we are working on the absolutely new version of AVS Video Editor and we will certainly include that option to the new version of the software.

Best Regards
04.02.10 22:55:24
Can I change the display times for the slides and transitions, preferably for all? Would be useful to adjust show to an audio track time.
Cheers,
Ozjimbo.
05.02.10 02:23:50
To: ozjimbo

Hello Ozjimbo,

You can change duration of a photo and a transition in Edit option of AVS Slideshow Maker. For it you should select a photo on timeline, press Edit button and change the duration of a photo and transition for it by dragging slider coursor, see the screenshot attached. There you will also be able to apply this duration to all photos and transitions in your slideshow.

Best regards.
Attached files:
05.02.10 12:43:25
To: Vlad

Thanks for that - when editing I was more concerned about the photo itself and overlooked the time option.
Cheers,
Jim
05.02.10 00:46:24
I have prepared a project with slides and music background. When I select DVD menu, Windows says Slidemaker has stopped working and closes the program. I've previously used slidemaker with XP with no problems. Is the program compatible with W7?
Ozjimbo
05.02.10 01:02:26

If I build the DVD without selecting a menu, the program crashes at the 96% completion level with an access violation in one of the AVS dll's. The video file is created (VIDEO_TS) but the audio file is empty. I should add that when I created a slideshow previosly in XP I didn't add an audio track.
Ozjimbo
05.02.10 02:30:13

AVS Slideshow Maker is not officially compatible with Windows 7 yet, but it usually it works with no problem on this operating system.

To solve the problem please download the attached zip archive, unpack it and save .dll in the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX. Then run repair from menu Start>All Programs>AVS4YOU>Repair. After that try working with the program again. Please inform us if the solution has helped.
AUDIO_TS folder is always empty on any DVD disc, it is common structure for DVD files.

Regards.
Attached files:
05.02.10 13:19:05

When I try to extract the file, I get the same message as when running the Slidemaker program - access is denied for this dll.
I am running AVG and Spybot, but neither of these report a problem when the access denied message occurs. Turning Spybot off doesn't change access.
User Account control is on.
I am running as an administrator.

Cheers,
Jim
Administrator
08.02.10 04:14:01
ozjimbo:
When I try to extract the file, I get the same message as when running the Slidemaker program - access is denied for this dll.
Follow the steps given below, please:
1. close all AVS applications,
2. unzip and save the .dll posted above to C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX,
3. run the Repair utility following Start>All Programs>AVS4YOU>Repair.

This way the problem should be solved.

Your last post has been moved to the appropriate topic. Please follow this link to view it.

Regards
08.02.10 17:16:19
To: nadin

Thanks nadin, problem solved.
Unzipping directly to the required destination directory was not allowed in Win7 (either before or after deleting the original dll) - I had to unzip to a temporary location and then move the file into the .. /ActiveX folder. It took a while to work this out, playing with permissions.
Cheers,
Jim
20.02.10 14:38:01
To: Vlad

it worked once, next time i tried it crashed again. Ran repair again still crash, now I am going to reboot, run repair and hope.
04.08.10 06:50:56
I have been unable to find any help or user guides for Slideshow make, the link I was given last year appears to have disappeared. I would like to know how to change the colour of the font for adding text and how to alter the volume for background music and what audio formats can be used. Can anyone provide some information on this plase?
05.08.10 04:02:53
To: rghockey@bigpond.com

Hello,

You can download help manuals for AVS SlideShow Maker in PDF here. There you will find all necessary instuctions. However, please note that we have stopped developing the program and it is no longer avaliable on our website.

Regards.
07.08.10 06:03:08
To: rghockey@bigpond.com
Thanks for the info Vlad.
Online:
Users:  1  amy willson
Guests:  123