AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.11.08 06:01:03
I copied a couple of original DVDs onto my hard disk and edited them using the AVS Video Editor 4.1. I created chapters and burned them (via my hard disk) to 2 DVDs, using the default settings. These DVDs will not play when inserted into my computer, but the original will.

The only 2 differences I can see when I explore each disk are:

(a) The disk that does not play displays nothing as its File System; the original disk that plays says it uses UDF for that.

(b) The disk that does not play has 2 top folders: VIDEO_TS (contains the video files) and AUDIO_TS (empty); the original disk that plays only has the first folder (VIDEO_TS).

What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Alan
26.11.08 06:10:03
The original DVD plays fine in my DVD player also; the ones I created with the Editor do not.

I`m trying to use the DVD Copy software to copy the DVD-compatible files saved to my hard drive (first part of the burn process) to a DVD, to see if that works.

Any ideas? Thanks, Alan *SOS*
26.11.08 06:10:08
I did this --- used the DVD Copy software to copy from my hard disk the output of the Video Editor to a DVD. However, my DVD player does not like the disk. The original disk plays fine!

Can anyone help?? Thanks, Alan *SOS*
Dam
Administrator
26.11.08 06:10:12
To: jalanthomas

Hello Alan,

Please try to play the output of the Video Editor on your PC, just to make sure that the project was succesfully saved.
Inform us about the result.

Best Regards
26.11.08 06:10:17
To: Dam

I had been using "Good Quality" to fit it to one DVD. However, I tried using "High Quality" NTSC and then choosing to put it on a single DVD. I resaved it and burned it again. It worked this time.

I`m still not sure what the problem was. Alan
26.11.08 06:10:22
Hello Everyone,

When I download a movie into my hard drive, and play the movie it plays without any glitches. So when I convert
AVI to DVD. Play it in my TV during the movie there are some type of small glitch and in some cases it freezes after
40 mins into the movie. So I went back into the hard drive and played the entire movie, not one problem. Am I doing
something wrong! Any advice thanks,
26.11.08 06:10:27
To: kcuevas4ever

To Support staff,

I deleted the information as you instructed, my PC is Windows Vista. Does this apply to it as well,
though I re-installed it. Now I try to BURN and only recordes BLACK. No sound, no image. Any advise,
I already thru in the garbage 16 DVD disc, before and 2 on the new installement. Am I doing something wrong!

Thanks,

Kenny
Dam
Administrator
26.11.08 07:17:56

Hello,

To help you to solve the issue, we need more information about the error.
Kenny:
Play it in my TV during the movie there are some type of small glitch and in some cases it freezes after
40 mins into the movie.

Please upload the output video (VIDEO_TS.IFO file) to the AVS Video Converter press Edit button and play it in the preview. Then seek to the middle of the video. Is there some glitches?
Please also precise the model of the player, you use for the DVD visualization. Is there some glitches when you play the output video on your PC, before burning it on a DVD disc? Is there some problems playing the DVD disc on your PC?

Please also follow:
Start >> All Programs >> AVS4YOU >> Repair. Inform us about the result (screenshot will be enough)

Alan:
I`m still not sure what the problem was.

We will try to reproduce the error.

Hope to hear from you soon.
01.12.08 12:49:01
To: Techinical Support,

Hope all and your family had a wondereful Thanksgiving! Party Over lets troubleshoot.

* After a well derserved weekend and eating alot, finally looked at ur response to this problem. I uploaded the file (VIDEO_TS)IFO file to AVS Converter.

* Went to Start>>All Programs>>AVS4YOU>>Repair = Now this is the result Success 100%

* Now I copied disc shows ONLY Audio_TS and Video_TS! Can not even play on PC or DVD Visualization.

* DVD Visaulization namew brand: Durabrand, Model DVD-1002, Serial# E709100474,

Any suggestions, Thanks, Kenny
Dam
Administrator
02.12.08 05:42:54

Hello Kenny,

kcuevas4ever:
Now I copied disc shows ONLY Audio_TS and Video_TS!

You mean the folder Video_TS is empty?
02.12.08 09:17:56
Good morng,

Video_TS has 4.17GB
Audio_TS is Empty

Nothing shows up in the recorded DVD, put it in my PC or DVD Visualization. Does n't read at all??? Actaully does not do anything.

Thanks,

Kenny
02.12.08 21:52:36
Hello Staff Support,

I re-installed it, and trying to convert AVI to DVD. When getting ready to convert message reads as follows:
Confirmation ?
The directory c:\Users\Kcuevas4ever\Videos\Untitled\VIDEO_TS\is not empty, relace it
YES or NO. I said YES.
See what happens burning disc KEEP U POSTED
02.12.08 22:41:55
Dear Staff members,

Results as follows: Starting to convert reads,
c:\...Midway\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
2.VOB
3.VOB
4.VOB
5.VOB
c: \...Midway\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.BUP
Closeing Session
Burning Complete!

Now play on PC reads this Message!!!!!!
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.
Create an association in the Set Association Control Panel
DVD Visaulization Black nothing.

OK guys already killed 20 blank DVD's. Any suggestions help needed plz
Thanks, Kenny
Dam
Administrator
04.12.08 01:36:04
Hi Kenny,

Let's differ the issues.

First. We have to be sure, that the convertion was successful. For that:
Please upload the output video (VIDEO_TS.IFO file) to the AVS Video Converter press Edit button and play the video in the preview. Inform me about the result.

Second. If that plays fine in the Edit, that means that the conversion was succesful. You can view the video on your PC from hard drive disc using some DVD playing software (you can use google to find some of them). Inform me about the result.

Third. Try to play the burned DVD using the AVS Video Converter and Edit option. Inform me about the result.

Hope to hear from you soon.
04.12.08 20:38:46
Allrigt let's start:

See if I understood u correctly:

1st - Loaded (Viddeo_TS.IFO file), to the AVS Converter. Press the video in the preview. Results I can see the video.

2nd - DVD Playing Software - I have REAL Player does not want to OPEN from F hard drive

3rd - Put the burned DVD useing AVS Converter & Edit Option. Results I could see the video

Placed the DVD in F:\ & reads, Fies currently on thedisc (9)

VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.IFO VTS_01_BUP VTS_01_0.IFO VTS_01_1 thru 4 VTS_01_5
BUP File IFO File BUP File IFO File VOB File VOB File
6.00 KB 6.00 KB 0.54 KB 0.54 KB 0.99 KB 183 MB

Burned another DVD #21 unsuccessful, hope this will help out to determined cause. Getting disappointed
maybe is just to suffistacated 4 me.

Thanks, Kenny
08.12.08 14:27:16
Ok! This is what I have done, since I have NOT received a reply :(

I erased everything from the computer,

I ran a Registry cleaner and then refragmented,

I reinstalled software, tried to copy from AVI to DVD,

Results: Can not see on DVD Visualization nor PC.

Just to make sure I uploaded the (VIDEO_TS.IFO file) to the AVS Converter 6, press
edit button and play the video in preview. Wala! I could see the movie!

Staff members and help would b really appriciated *SOS* on my 22nd DVD that I have lost.
Your other softwares, I have NOT had a problem at all. Very happy! But this one well....
any suggestions anyone by all means just holler..., Kenny C
Dam
Administrator
09.12.08 00:39:59

Hi Kenny,

Sorry for the late reply. So:
kcuevas4ever:
1st - Loaded (Viddeo_TS.IFO file), to the AVS Converter. Press the video in the preview. Results I can see the video.

That's great. That means that the conversion was successful.

kcuevas4ever:
2nd - DVD Playing Software - I have REAL Player does not want to OPEN from F hard drive
In fact Real Player does not support DVD format at all. So, you have to use any other player, that supports DVD format. (I'm not authorised to recommend any, but you can easily find it in the net)

kcuevas4ever:
3rd - Put the burned DVD useing AVS Converter & Edit Option. Results I could see the video
So, if you burned a DVD onto a disc and that plays in the Edit option in the AVS Video Converter, that means that burning was also successful. Please make sure that DVD disc type you use (DVD+R, DVD-R etc) are supported by your DVD player.
10.12.08 07:49:28
Dear Staff,
I'm having playback issues. The conversion is done succesfully but when I play the recorded dvd on my dvd player there is glitches throughout the whole movie. It is sort of like it speeds up then slows down then speeds up etc.. Any suggestions on how I can solve this problem.

All videos playback with no problems during preview and all. Only after conversion and I try playing the dvd. I'm using avs video converter 6, all video formats, all quality settings and still same problem. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks

Joe
Dam
Administrator
11.12.08 03:57:47
To: ozzman

Hi Joe,

Just to be sure. The conversion was succesful and the output video is fine, without glitches etc... The problem occurs only after burning this output video on a DVD disc?
13.02.09 04:37:54
I need to convert wmv file made by vista movie maker to divx file to play at USB input on my Pioneer dvd 310S.I bought the AVS VIDEO CONVERTER 6 and tried a couple of conversions but I get always the error message at the DVD :This resolution not supported. Any idea what is my problem?
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  76