AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
22.06.08 14:43:42
I can not get my dvd's to burn after I convert them with video converter 6. I ran the repair tool and reinstalled the program. I have the latest version. It worked fine the first time I installed it and then it just started having errors. It will either say no disc or it will start to burn and then cancel. When I run the Avs repair tool it says it failed and one line is unsucessful. It says AVS MOBILE DEVISE 2 ACTIVE SYNC. DLL CAN NOT LOAD LIBRARY. I have c-cleaner and i cleaned the registry after I uninstalled the program before I reinstalled. I was having trouble with the older version that is why I purchased the newest version recently in hopes it would resolve the problems I was having. I down load the movies with ARES software. I am using windows XP. Pleas let me know what I can do to fix this problem.
Dam
Administrator
23.06.08 01:47:27
To: mouthy061

Hello.

First, about AVS Mobile ... error. That error explaines by the fact, that no mobile device were connected to your PC, so it was not found.

Second, about the burning issue.

1. In fact it takes rather a long time for the program to detect the disc (about 20-40 sec) so if you press the Start Copy button a little bit too early (before the disc is detected) you are sure to get this message. So, please make sure that the disc is detected before you press Start Copy.

2. If such a problem appears with the same disc or with the discs from the same lot, you should try and use a different disc for the recording. To assure the compatibility with the different drives, it is recommended to use low-speed discs from known manufacturers.

a. DVD-RW 1x-2x, DVD-R 4x and slower
b. DVD+RW 2.4x, DVD+R 2.4-4x

It is right for most of the DVD-RW drives produced before 2005.

3. Please make sure that the discs you use are compatible with your disc drive. For that please launch AVS Disc Creator and press Get Drive Info button. Then pay attention to the Burn discs field, to make sure the discs type you use are compatible with your disc drive.

If the problem still remains, please provide us with more information:

Please, specify:

1. the burning settings you selected to write the disc;
2. the disc type you used;
3. the model of your burner.
4. please, also send us your log. files, that were created after unsuccessful burning.
To find them, please, follow:
Local Disc (C) >> WINDOWS >> coredw.log
Local Disc (C) >> WINDOWS >> discwriter.log

If you were writing Dvd disk:
5. the exact model of your DVD Player ;
6. try to play this dvd disc on your PC. What's the result?

Hope to hear from you soon.
27.06.08 08:43:54
To: Dam
Thank you for yur help. I did not realize that the disc's my friend bought were DVD+R. I needed DVD-R. I have another question. If I do not burn at the end of the conversion process how do I burn from the file that the conversion created? I can not figure out how to just access th burner with out conerting all over agian *SOS*
Dam
Administrator
30.06.08 00:31:44
mouthy061:
how to just access the burner with out converting all over agian

For that, please right click on the converted file then Send To>AVS Disc Creator or AVS Video Burner (built-in burner) if you are a registered user.
02.07.08 12:45:08
I create a DVD with your converter software and now i can not make a copy of this DVD. My question is how i can make a copy of this DVD that i crete with the converter sofware?
Dam
Administrator
07.07.08 02:49:37
Hello,

As far as I understand, you want to copy a DVD disc, you made with AVS software.

For that, please:
1. Download and install AVS DVD Copy
2. Run the software, press Copy DVD button.
3. Browse the file you want to copy and choose Copy mode
4. Click the first Browse button in the Select output DVD (drive or HDD folder) area to set the destination path
Here you can select:
- the same drive as the input one
- the second DVD drive (if you have one)
- a folder on your computer HDD
5. Click on Start copying!

Best Regards
07.07.08 02:50:37
The program itself is no longer running when it should. It opens, but when I insert the DVD I want to burn it gets stuck! This is annoying, should I uninstall and reinstall the program? Does any one know how to deal with the program not reading the discs?Thanks
Dam
Administrator
18.12.08 01:03:53
To: ijarq08

Please try to follow the instructions described in the Posts: 463 Registered: 16.05.2008
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  420